Is there anything wrong with mixing C++ and C functions? There are good C functions and there are good C++ functions...

Is there anything wrong with mixing C++ and C functions? There are good C functions and there are good C++ functions, I don't think it's bad to use them both in the same codebase.

Why on earth would you bother?
Just use C, and stop being stupid.

There are many things in C++ that keep me around. C++11 is great!

No. C++ is an awful language compounded by the fact that awful programmers use it.

That's a bit too much of a generalization. Every language will have that group of people who don't know how to use it. Using C nowadays will make you waste more time with memory-involved tasks.

It's fine as long as you are consistent about it.

C is very much easier to use to provide an API than C++ if you want to remain binary compatible.

There's nothing wrong with language mixing.

Yeah, I've been recently trying to write a .obj parser and I've found both modern c++ functions and old c functions to be useful in what I'm trying to do. Although when I first finished it I didn't think it would be "good" code if you catch my drift. Guess it's fine,

Pajeet, pls

Different tools suit different tasks. Go with what suits you or the task best.

In practice, few people bother with paradigm purity. It just isn't worth the hassle since there is no one technique that solves everything, the best way, all the time.

Please elaborate on this point

One of the primary reasons to use C++ over other systems languages is its ability to trivially call into C libraries without much modification. There is absolutely nothing wrong with using a C function in a C++ program.

provided you are not doing retarded things like using new and malloc in the same program, sure. I wish I could say I haven't seen that one before.

It's really easy to misuse C++ features badly, so there's a lot of bad C++ code and bad C++ programmers.

/thread

C is for stupid people who don't understand C++.

C++ is for people too stupid to understand the elegance of C.

(((elegance)))

Hello! It looks like you made a mistake in your post. You _probably_ meant to post this in your containment board, also known as Politically Incorrect (Sup Forums for short).

Here's a quick redirect for you to follow.
Please don't get lost on the way!

>Sup Forumstard
Yup: too stupid.

Officially I was taught not to mix paradigms by people much smarter than me.

I follow that rule.