/sqt/

New thread, old one archived.
If it seems too simple minded a question for its own thread, it belongs here.
At least try searching online first.

Other urls found in this thread:

google.com/search?q=asuka site:www.amiami.com
freefilesync.org/
macrium.com/reflectfree
todo-backup.com/products/home/download.htm
pirateproxy.cc/torrent/11060926/Windows_Loader_v2_2_2_by_Daz
dropbox.com/sh/j0ahd5xe6vfp7pk/AABluLq3J4y7SJ0sdwBALVGya?dl=0
pastebin.com/smjvLZN4
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I want all the propertiesof everyfile on my system in a text file. Name, date of access, creation, modification, size, access rights, etc. all in a tree- like structure.

How do Ido this? ls doens't do everything and stat isn't recursive

Get stat to output the format you want for one file, then do a "find . | xargs "
Or write a program to traverse your directory tree invoking stat(2) on each file, then printing out what you want to see.

Thanks, but i got it.

tree -a -f -R -Q -p -u -g -h -s -F -D

How do i combine two or more proxy?

What kind of a subscription should i get if i have a high bandwidth connection coming and no need for the integrity of my files for now? Besides the risk of burning out the hardware everything is either way fucking old, not strong enough or brand new. Im thinking I could do a usenet style ftp for a bit, probably take it down after a bit. I got a lot of old files and old backups. Contributions always feel nice.

Take one into the other

How the fuck do I change the color of strings, functions, etc in VScode?

does blackberry os have anything for proton mail?

don't know if I should ask mouse or mechanical keyboard, but
do you need a Roccat keyboard to access shift on your Roccat mouse?
and, do you need a Logitech keyboard to remap the shift key (onto the keyboard) from your Logitech mouse?

can /sqt/ redpill on push notifications, what do they do?

I'm getting an error named 0X8100033 saying I don't have enough empty space when I try to back-up my files, mostly C: and D:. But this isn't the case since the hard drive I'm using as back-up location has way more free space than the size of back-up, 900GB and 500GB respectively.

Umm, maybe a very stupid question and I'm very technologically inept.

I want to be able to search for very specific information (text, image, other miscellaneous details) on specific websites. These websites are quite large and don't have an internal search engine and would otherwise require inaccurate and time consuming manually searching.

What do I need to do?

Thanks in advance for your response.

Fraps is working with fewer programs these days. So im looking for a new screen/video capture program. Anything out there that is good these days?

Im not a pro streamer or anything. I just want something that stays out of the way and takes good quality pics/videos when i want it.

I was just using a fresh chromium install on Ubuntu and it says Google.com is not secure, NET::ERR_CERT_WEAK_SIGNATURE_ALGORITHM. Other https sites work fine, has anyone else encountered this problem?

If it's indexed you google foo:

site:yoursite.com searchterm

Otherwise you have to crawl the site yourself

Is there any reason why the "site:" tag wouldn't work for a Google search?

Example: I want to find search results of "Asuka" in website "www.amiami.com":
google.com/search?q=asuka site:www.amiami.com

So, I have downloaded some torrents, and I already seeded enough. So, I decided to move them to an external drive, to free some space in my computer. Is there any way to make the torrent software let me know if there are any new updates to the torrent (to get the new files), without having to keep the content in the hard drive? I use qtorrent.

I've just upgraded my processor from a 4690k to a 4790k. Off the bat I noticed that the voltage was way high (I think) at above 1.26. I lowered it manually to 1.2 volts with the clock at 4.0Ghz and so far so good. I then did a stress test with OCCT and my processor lasted all of 20 seconds before thermal limit was reached.

Now, I've never put thermal paste on myself before. Previously I was just using the pre applied stuff that came with the cooler, which is an NZXT Kraken x61. After a bit of research I found that the best way to apply thermal paste is to put a pea sized drop in the center and then just mount the cooler, letting the cooler spread the thermal paste. I tightened the cooler down to just past finger tight, or like a hair past the point where you meet resistance with a screwdriver. In my amateur research I also discovered that it can take a while for thermal paste to reach optimal performance and that it must burn in. I also came across the idea that it is a good idea to find the lowest voltage that lets the cpu boot at stock frequency before beginning the overclock.

Am I on the right track? Should I be worried that my cpu lasted 20 seconds during a stress test? Should I have waited longer to stress test? It was doing fine in games before, just running hotter than the i5 it replaced which to me is understandable due to the higher TDP and double the logical cores. I'm also going to call MSI and have them walk me through installing the latest bios for my mobo because I am a noob at that?

I really doubt that you need matching peripherals for what you are doing. I think you just need the appropriate software that I'm sure you can find on their (Logitech+Roccat) websites

A torrent can't be updated with new files

>can /sqt/ redpill on push notifications, what do they do?
can someone honestly give me a quick run down

Oh, my bad. I thought it could be.

Thanks senpai! Have a rare pepe.

How much can I minimize the spying if I use Win10 Pro? Also, which shell makes it the most like Win7?

>How much can I minimize the spying if I use Win10 Pro?

no

I'm planning to buy a new modem but it doesn't list Linux in supported OS pages and I'll install Ubuntu in a close future, do I have to choose another one? The name of the modem mentioned is Asus DSL-AC52U, by the way.

Is using it in a VM with GPU passthrough fully functional?

I bought a LAMP stack server space, but all I want to do is put a static HTML page on it. How can I lock down & keep the server as secure as humanly possible on my end?

How am I getting targeted ads with my universities name in them?
I'm not not at university so it's kind of strange.

in vim, how do I move selected text to the end of the line?

i.e.
one three two

select ' three' and toss it after 'two'

nothing? well then without changing anything while moving from i5 to i7 what can I expect my temperatures to look like?

My laptop optic drive died, so I thought I should get HDD caddy and external optic drive.
However most of the external optic drive have two USB plugs, should I get one of these?

Clear yer cookies

The hell does your OS have to do with your modem?

"Fully functional" doesn't mean anything. You can usually get upwards of 90% efficiency if you run the VM off another drive.

I don't know honestly, but why would they put an OS support list if it didn't have anything to do with it? That's the part I don't understand it.

If I used the Win10 exclusive Ryzen Overclocking software in a VM, would I be able to Overclock my actual CPU? I assume not.

>2017
>Using windows backup

any open source libs for generating reports and documents like invoices and shit?

Any alternatives you'd recommend? I used it since it comes installed with Windows, does it have a bad reputation?

You're probably going to want to ask that on the relevant forums, which you'll be checking out anyway. One way or another you should be able to get the job done.

The whole point of a VM is that it can't touch your actual PC so I would assume I couldn't use it to overclock. Whatever, I'll just use my GNU/Linux laptop for anything involving personal information.

Sometimes routers come with custom utilities for shit like file/printer sharing, but 99% of the time you should be able to do everything you want from the webGUI. I wouldn't worry about it.

hey Sup Forums
if 2 people are generating a tripcode for the same thing say like nigger, what is the likelihood of them both getting the same tripcode characters?

I highly doubt linux users are just up shits creek when it comes to overclocking. That would be a pretty big oversight for AMD.

100%
#tryit

yeah and get a USB dock too. I have one. Best 11 bucks I ever spent.

well that and my HDMI to VGA adapter too

The point of a VM is to run more than one OS at a time. You can use that for isolation, or not. And passing through certain hardware is not the same as allowing the OS to write to your storage, although it theoretically could open more potential attack vectors.

Thanks, this was the only thing bothering me about the device and didn't want to change it just because one goddamn nuisance. Thanks for your help.

It's one of those things that 3rd parties do way better than microsoft.

freefilesync.org/
macrium.com/reflectfree
todo-backup.com/products/home/download.htm

What's the point of having a /home partition and a /root partition instead of having a single partition for both of them?

I'm tasked with fixing the WiFi of a school because most students can't connect to the WiFi without doing it multiple times, including adding and removing the WiFi in their lists. Both on laptops and phones.
So far I gathered this:
1) There are two routers. One has WPA, the second one WPA2 PSK.
2)They both have the same SSID, Fr example: installgentoo
3)When you try to connect, it connects to the one with the better security, which is always weaker than the less secured one. So it usually fails to connect.
So what would be the easiest fix? They can't be removed, they're cabled in somewhere in a fucking wall. Would changing the SSID of one router to, for example, installgentoo2, work?

You would put /home on a different partition if you wanted your memes on another hard drive.

why not change them both to use the same security?
although wpa is so useless you might as well just remove it

a) change WPA one to use WPA2
b) change WPA2 to use WPA
c) buy better routers/APs

So today the SATA port connected to my SSD died. Had to switch to one of the 3 unused ones.
I've had this PC for a month tops.

Is it just bad luck, or could this be indicative of a bigger problem?

maybe you just plugged it in badly and something bent.

Thanks for recommendations, I'm looking into it right now.

can I get a quick rundown with what has happened in tech lately?
haven't been on Sup Forums much for quite a few months now

Changing the SSID of one would allow users to choose which network they connect to, but shouldn't be necessary if everything is working correctly. You want people to be able to flow back and forth seamlessly, and not need second logins. If the security settings are giving you problems, scale the wpa2 back so they match. Better yet, see if you can find a custom firmware that the older router supports. Also make sure they're on different channels, preferably 1 and 11.

It's possible to be such a klutz? Well it's weird that it would just randomly give out after working for a month.

When googling, I found the following
>It looks like the motherboard is dying the little asus fan is to cool the chip set and is essential for trouble free operation. Yes it will burn out the chip set that holds the SATA controller.
If it is not to late you can replace the chip set cooler.
and now I'm worried.

What exactly am I missing if I use Windows 7/8.1 on Ryzen? What's so special about 10?

DX12, some stuff I don't really mind about.

>Vega TBA
>Intel i9
>AMD Threadripper
>OnePlus 5 soon coming
basically nothing missed

Is there any hope for it or should I just get rid of and start looking for a new one?

no one?

What's the other stuff? I knew about DX12.

Are there any internet browsers that allow me this functionality, either natively or with help of extensions:
Block all images from loading automatically, but allow the user to selectively load specific images on the page - without reloading the page.

Is battery discharge percentage based or is it at a sort of flat rate?

Aka, if I have a 1000 mAh battery and a 2000 mAh battery, if everything else about the battery is the same and they're stored in the same conditions (stored in a device that's powered off), will they be "dead" at sort of the same moment or will the 2000 mAh far outlast the 1000 mAh?

Where can I get the clean Win7 Ultimate ISO from digital river? Also what happened to Dazloader?

How do I make chromium use qt's file picker?

is there any possible way to partition space off of a disk that's already in use?

>Also what happened to Dazloader?
what do you mean?
I doubt it suddenly stopped working

Where can I get it?

whats a good free work processor that isn't a pirated version of microsoft office?

Everything use to work fine but now everytime i torrent (qbittorrent on win 8.1) after a while all the other applications (firefox, soulseek etc) lose connection to the internet. The computer is still connected to the internet and qbittorrent continues to work. Any idea of what's going on or how to diagnose? Thanks

same place as always?
pirateproxy.cc/torrent/11060926/Windows_Loader_v2_2_2_by_Daz

i have a copy of it on my dropbox, one sec

dropbox.com/sh/j0ahd5xe6vfp7pk/AABluLq3J4y7SJ0sdwBALVGya?dl=0

I need to use a VPN for certain apps to work but the VPN doesn't allow me to post on Sup Forums.

I was trying to set up a route in the routing tables but I'm still getting filtered by Sup Forums.

On OS X.

What I tried was sudo route -nv add 104.16.119.221 [my.router.ip]

I got the 104.16.119.221 by pinging Sup Forums.org

libreoffice

pastebin.com/smjvLZN4

Yes, on windows you can do it in disk management, and if you don't have luck there, use easeus partition manager.

Do other devices in the house connect smoothly while this is happening?

I think deadness caps at a certain percentage

could it be that once I connect to the VPN my router's address gets in turn routed through the VPN so even if I try routing through it it's just sending me back through the VPN?
How do I create a direct line to Sup Forums's server that bypasses the VPN?

how do I figure out what the gateway IP should be?

or maybe is it that posting on Sup Forums calls some other server that isn't Sup Forums.org so the DNS I'm using doesn't work?

>Do other devices in the house connect smoothly while this is happening?
Yes

Thanks

Anyone?
Do I have to be worried or can I just forget about it?

Use the pastebin's advice on checking the hash. You don't want to be installing some shady botnet shit.

how do you setup dual monitors for bspwm
bspwm thinks my other monitor is the primary monitor
halp

Is it happening right now? Maybe see if file transfers still work. Also if it's over wireless try switching to wired to see if it makes a difference. You could try reinstalling your wireless drivers, switching torrent clients, and rebooting your router.

Could be a manufacturing defect, or maybe you introduced static somewhere on accident. If you've only had it a few weeks I would RMA it just to be on the safe side.

Policy based routing can be a pain in the ass. Unless you can find a guide specific to macs I don't think you're going to get very far, although some types of VPN have more options/integration than others. The easiest thing would be to do your VPN shit inside a VM, or just shell out for a Sup Forums pass.

So I bought a mobo without a pci-e x1 which I need for a wire network card. My mobo had 2 pci and 2 pci-e x16's. Is it possible to stick it in the pci-e x1 into the x16 slot?

aren't VPN bans different from ISP/IP Range bans?
I don't think Sup Forums gold goes around VPN bans

Thanks man.

No, if it's like a work VPN etc that actually bans the site, then that won't help. If you mean that Sup Forums refuses to let you post over vpn, then the pass could get around it.

I'm trying to get streamlink to work but it just gives me a "ImportError: No module named 'urllib3'"

Windows 10, latest build.

I tested several Linux distros a couple months ago on live usb and they worked fine.
Now I'm ready to commit to one, but now nothing boots for me anymore. Every time I boot from the pendrive, initialization starts and after about the fourth element the whole PC locks up, black screen, then nothing happens.
I have not changed any UEFI settings, secure boot is also off.

>If you mean that Sup Forums refuses to let you post over vpn, then the pass could get around it.
I've forgotten to turn off proxies while trying to post on Sup Forums a few times, it tells you you're banned & redirects you to the banned page saying permanent ban due to proxy or whatever. Doesn't (or atleast didn't) mention anything about Sup Forums gold as far as I remember

However, I do have an ISP ban during certain hours exclusively on Sup Forums right now for some reason and it gives this message. Which is the one you can alleviate with Sup Forums gold

are you sure you're not mixing these two up?

Sup Forums blocking because of VPN -pass works

Home ISP blocking, bypassed by VPN -pass works

Sup Forums themselves banning your ISP -pass works

-

VPN provider's block at exit node -pass doesn't

Hey guise. Someone may remember me from this thread a few days ago, but I have a project in which I'm going to parse a pdf with a bunch of questions and answers, and, depending on the user input, grab the best matching answer from the answers.
What tool or idea should I go to deal with it? I'm reading about text classification, machine learning, NLTP, but I can't figure out what's the best way to go with it. At first I thought about using a chatbot and training him with the answers, but is that a good approach?