Is it bad that I use Arch just so I can say I use arch...

Is it bad that I use Arch just so I can say I use arch? honestly I feel like my life would be a lot easier (and i'd be happier) if i just used noobuntu instead of trying to get my wifi to work for two weeks.

Other urls found in this thread:

wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/General_recommendations
antergos.com
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I only have a Windows 10 LTSB install to crap on it every now and then and piss off Sup Forums retards.

Since the dawn of man, people have tried to simplify their life. If you think overcomplicating is cool, you have fallen in the meme pit and you need to get your ass out. I know it's rewarding to tinker with Linux, but at the end of the day, you want more time to shitpost than to setup your OS.

Can you even imagine, how easy and productive would've been your life were you to just use Win10 instead of trying to be yet another special snowflake in this special snowfall?

>Win10
More like Lose10 hahahaahahha

Good job, user! Today you've tried! ^;)

Look I'm sorry you're too stupid to use a better operating system but downgrading to Windows 10 is not a solution

the next step is to use Gentoo just for the sake of saying you installed Gentoo, then to slowly realize that Gentoo is legitimately awesome.

I like pa werks.

I can't hear you over the sound of my Rails and MySQL servers running on WSL while being perfectly synchronized with Cassandra server and MySQL Client on Windows while I am writing the thing and testing it in a comfy Windows environment alt-tabbing to a game from time to time.
Well, actually there's no sound because all of these are silent, but you get the idea.

0/10 shitpost

Sauce on pic? What series is it?

now that's shitposting

>trying to get my wifi to work for two weeks.
wifi-menu
done.

pfft try logged onto an enterprise (RADIUS) wifi with that gimped os

It's ok to want to suck cock and be a girl OP

I never got the meme of "arch is hard", after you're done installing it pacman and yaourt have literally everything you need.

i just use the archboot iso from the FTP which has the ncurses installer kek

Just use Debian. Noobuntu without the noob part.
>inb4 old packages
browsers get updates, nothing else needs constant patches. stability is king. back ports when you really need it.

How do you pacman stuff if your wifi doesn't work??????????

>trying to get my wifi to work for two weeks
Stop lying.

I'm not

Guix

hanasaku iroha

Type 'sudo wifi-menu' into your terminal. What does it say?

-bash: sudo: command not found

This amuses me to the greatest degree.

Try su, then as root run wifi-menu, but you probably fucked up your install famalam. Go the the part of the installation guide where you chroot into your system and install wpa_supplicant and netctl. Then read this: wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/General_recommendations

>you probably fucked up your install
sudo isn't part of base

um I've gotten it working now I was just saying it took 2 weeks to get working
I'm just concerned about how difficult it will be to deal with potential future problems (eg projectors, printers, drivers for other hardware) and thinking of how NOOBuntu will just deal with all that shit for you

Sandeep from red hat has no arguments and is forced to "lol shitpost xd"

Just use Antergos

Use antergos or noobuntu, they are comfy

Don't listen to the fake! I only use the highest quality Microsoft software like Windows 10 S!

I like you, user

hurr durr

git gud

Ya gotta install sudo m8

>instead of trying to get my wifi to work for two weeks
You must be mentally handicapped for it to take 2 weeks.

>Is it bad that I use Arch
stop there
yes

kek

Install Antergos.

antergos.com

>Is it bad that I use Arch
yes

OP, I use both Arch and Ubuntu, and I have to say it doesn't really matter which one you choose. They both work equally well if you've got a little experience under your belt. My only gripe with Ubuntu is the whole PPA's deal. It really annoys me to have to rely on such a shady technique to get my software.

This right here. Tried the Ubuntu variants, and it was a bigger cluster fuck than windows. Had to jump thru hoops to get any software. Fuck Debian and all it's offspring. Supposed to be easy so grama or any idiot can use it, but fuck me if they didn't make it harder. Arch and it's spawn are just so much more intuitive.

It basically makes you the Vegan/Crossfit version of Technology.
>Oh btw I use Arch :)

you should have
sudo wifi-menu