Classic iPods/mp3s

Give me one reason you're not using one Sup Forums

my phone can hold more songs, has blutooth for my wireless earbuds and i dont want to log around two seperate devices when one device can do the same things but better. that being said, i still own my ipods.

I'm using an ancient cowon z2. I wish I could've tested some applel ipods but it never happened.

I can afford an iPhone.

>iPhone
>storing anything

I can afford Apple Music.

???
But I am.

>spotify
lucky you for having a music taste that overlaps with the mainstream

because i'm still on minidisc.

Oh you must be really unique and special.

I never go out of my computers bluetooth range

Because I had walkmans growing up, and if I had to use a portable device dedicated to listening to music only, I'd pick walkmans again you hipster piece of shit.

Storage
256gb microsd on my phone is comfy desu

Why would I?

I got Spotify and a phone.

I have a phone.

But I am user, 5.5Gen iPod Video with 64GB SSD mod masterrace

Sansa Clip+
Rockboxed
With VE Monk+

>Living the memes

256GB 7+ w/Retina display made my classic useless.

have fun being tracked and monitored you dumb niggrs

>???
>But I am.
Is that the 120 my nigger? Best player on planet. Ever. Cept that scroll wheel

That's a 160gb.
However it looks like shit because user is a uncareless fuck.

I used to use an iPod classic but when I got a phone with expandable storage I retired it. I didn't see the point in carrying two things that can play music when one also does phone things.

>being this paranoid
If you don't want to be spied on go live in the woods with no electricity you fucking nutjob

itunes
plus I have a phone

>2017
>carrying more than one device

Because the Sansa clip is better in everyway and doesn't require you use itunes or a hard drive

The battery only lasts 37 seconds...

because i have a chinese mp3 player that takes external memory and has higher audio quality and bluetooth and it works

But I do use a 5th gen iPod Classic with an SSD.

>any year
>not using dedicated devices wherever practical

iPods require neither iTunes nor HDDs.

Not practical, having to worry about two devices.

Buy a microsd or just a bigger phone, saves you the time of recharging 2 batteries and having to check your pockets every now and then.

I don't have a picture but back when I was younger i had one of the black ipod classics. I got a 2 year warranty on it and right before it expired sent it in for a new one.

The one they sent me back had no apple name/logo snd looks really nice, i think it needs a new battery and it should work again.

>Not practical, having to worry about two devices
To me it is.
>Buy a microsd or just a bigger phone
My phone's got a microSD card.
>saves you the time of recharging 2 batteries
I charge my phone once every few days and my iPod less than once a week.
>having to check your pockets every now and then
I don't do that.

Benjie S5.
20 hours in and 50% battery remaining

Sounds like you are autistic.
A microsd + a phone can't satisfy your needs? Right.
Again, two devices are useless.

>bluetooth earbuds
ewww

I gave mine to a poor cousin. Their house is like a mishmash of 90's and 2000's technology.

i found this, bit i don't use it much anymore.

has rockbox installed on it as well.

>listening to music on the go like it's 2006 again

When will this meme end ?

I have an old zen micro I'd like to repurpose but have no idea what to do with it

>Sounds like you are autistic.
Nah, you just enjoy spouting shitty memes.
>A microsd + a phone can't satisfy your needs? Right.
It can't. I prefer a dedicated device with physical buttons that's fully controllable from my pocket.
>Again, two devices are useless.
It's a personal preference. If you're fine with using a shitty phone for music, more power to you. I'll stick with what I find to work best.

>iphone
>listening to music
It doesn't have a headphone port,

I'm using my sansa clip+ right now

...as an SD card reader

You do realize there's more than one iPhone model, right? Most of them do have headphone jacks. Regardless, even the ones that don't still have Bluetooth and Lightning.

You do realize that I was memeing, right

There're a lot of dumb people on Sup Forums

I have an iPod classic 5th gen that I've used since late 2005 but the hard drive is finally starting to fail. It clicks and it's unbearably slow. So I'll need to get an SD card adapter to stick in it. I also need to replace the front plate again because it's scratched and dented to hell.

For now I'm using an iPod touch 1st gen from 2007. It has 8GB of storage and runs iOS 3.1.3.

I'm using an ipod touch 64G. I think it's about 4th gen. I really need like 256GBish for music but no device supports that much storage and god forbid anyone would put an SD card slot on a device any more. At least then I could reasonably get 128GB.

I thought about getting an SSD, a simple LCD display, and a microcontroller and trying to program a kind of file system to allow me to select and play files output either over USB to some proper playback device or I include a DAC an output them over some analog connector like TRS or XLR but the programming part is way over my head.

>I really need like 256GBish for music but no device supports that much storage
An iPod Classic with an SSD would.

The iPhone 7+ 256GB (PRODUCT RED) Special Edition doesn't have this problem.

>can only hold 256GB
The iPod Classic doesn't have this problem.

Can't most of the newer iPod classics go up to about 512GB SSDs and still have reasonable performance? I've heard of some people going up 1TB but then I hear that it's slow due to a lack of RAM.

Stop hoarding useless songs. Show me your songs with the play count enabled.

I don't actually know what the practical limit is, I just know that for it being a DAP you can sure as hell give it a fuckload of storage.

Mine's only got a 120GB SSD, I was just pointing out one of the iPhone 7's many limitations.

Oh, I didn't know this was a thing. I'll have to look into that. I thought about getting an ipod classic awhile back but I had concerns about the reliability of the hard drive.

Even with the HDD it's pretty robust, I know mine's gone flying across pavement quite a few times.

I don't like them.

>have a free Apple Music subscription
>ability to download/locally store as much music from AM as you want
>128GB iPhone

Where would I pick up an ipod classic these days? Ebay?

>using a device that spies on you, has shit battery life, and is overpriced
>has a shitty locked down operating system
No thanks.

Ebay or Amazon. 5th gens are like $60 and they have good Rockbox support.

Yeah, get one with a broken HDD

If you need more storage you should get a second iPhone, pleb.

Not like the iPod is any better.
Stock firmware crashes after 250GB due to lack of specs.
Rockbox fails to index anything above 250GB, 520GB kills rockbox filesystem and forces in to reindex every time.

Sure the classic is good, however you should stop praising it so bad.

>still more private than Android and Windows
>battery lasts me all day
>not an autist, use phone for quick, convenient tasks, and have both a desktop and laptop PC for everything else

>you should stop praising it
I will when it stops being so fucking great.

Are you serious? It's like asking why we don't have a typewriter. Just like how the computer has made the typewriter utterly redundant, there is absolutely nothing about the ipod that hasn't been made obsolete by phones.

As long as phones' primary HID is a touchscreen there will always be a place for the DAP.

Because pic related

Welcome 5 years ago.

Scrolling 160GB was a pain back in the day, can't even imagine 500GB with a sluggish UI caused for the RAM being cluttered.

Why? Because you can press next/shuffle buttons etc while the device is in the pocket? If so that's easily solved by getting one of those earphones with physical playback and volume control buttons on them.

Damn, your $5 headphone must be on XXXTREME FLAMES!

i bet you faggots dont even have a mechanical watch either

Still better than a cellphone.

Because you can press next/shuffle buttons etc while the device is in the pocket?
Because I don't need to use a damned touchscreen.
>If so that's easily solved by getting one of those earphones with physical playback and volume control buttons on them
My headphones don't have those buttons.

Anyone here have a fiio? What's the ui on the X1 2nd gen? I like the look of the X3 2nd gen but the 128GB limit for microsd is too small to suit my purposes.

Would i be better off saving up for the touch screen model? I hear the scroll wheel is shit

>My headphones don't have those buttons.
Then you can get one with it. You don't even need a new set of headphones, there are jack-to-jack extender cables with the controls on them.

The way you type legitimately reads as though you are autistic.
You DO realize that most high end phones ship with pretty damn good DACs on board, right?
The DAC in the iPhone 6S, for example, blows away many phones AND dedicated audio players (fuck the 7 though.)
It is _much_ more convenient and practical to have music on your primary device, and not a secondary "dedicated" device.
Let me give you an example before you just reply with "haha u just say shitty memes" and "shitty phone xd" again,

>listening to music with earbuds
>receive a call
Through your setup, you'd have to either take out your earbuds from your audio player and switch them to your phone, or take out your earbuds and use your phone's speaker.
If it's all handled on one device, you just pause your music and answer your call, not having to fumble around with taking off earbuds, switching devices, etc.
Also being able to browse the web on your phone and control your music from the same device is much nicer than having to switch between the two.
There is something to be said for having a dedicated audio device still, but if you just attack and call the other solution "shitty" with no basis, you aren't netting yourself any support.
In fact, it makes you look quite shitty yourself.

I was 12 and I had one that stores notes so I filled it with my "studies" of psychic energy from the internet

>getting a call
>on 2017
hahah oh wow, bet you SMS too

Phones exist

>Then you can get one with it
I'm not going to not use my $200 headphones.
>there are jack-to-jack extender cables with the controls on them
Or I can stick with my superior DAP and not use that retarded solution.

>Or I can stick with my superior DAP and not use that retarded solution.
What I'm trying to say is that the phone is actually the superior solution and the mp3 player is the retarded choice

>I don't need the touchscreen!
>I prefer to roll the wheel for 5 minutes to find the album I'm looking for!

>What I'm trying to say is that the phone is actually the superior solution and the mp3 player is the retarded choice
What I'm trying to say is that you're wrong.

Shuffle.

>What I'm trying to say is that you're wrong.
And as I asked earlier, why? Physical button argument is not a good one like I explained why, what reasons do you have left? I can't fathom it.

>Shuffle.
Yeah, let's just listen to random songs! That's a feature!!!!

Physical buttons, size, battery life

That's how I always listen to music. I rarely think "hey, I want to listen to specifically this song right now." You do realize these are personal devices we're talking about, right? Just because it suits my needs doesn't mean it'll suit yours, and that's not bad. It just means it works for me and not you.

>Actually 100 yurobux
>on xxxtreme flames
Hell yeah my dude

100 bux? Ha. I feel sorry for you, are they even a decent brand or you decided to ignore the headphones general and go full beats?

I stick my Firefly USB device in the bottom of my phone so I can get some decent sound.

I'm not sure if RockBox can drive that, and I have no real incentive to find out.

Nah some Sennheisers, actually pretty decent, but I still need muh tube amp simulator.
Also in case it wasn't obvious for everyone already
was meant for

iPod Nano 5th gen, it works. Saving up for a classic + ssd though.

Never really need a pmp on the regular now since I have a new stereo in the car so everything is on a USB and plugged in there.
Even then I have a clip zip, an iPhone and even a minidisc player as backup

Why the fuck would i want an i pod.

Because it's better than that piece of shit.

It's still better than your ipod classics.

Nah.

It has the same DAC though and doesn't let you load Rockbox, unlike the iPod.

At the end of the day it don't matter.
You can go suck job's dead dick and Ill go give the head of microsoft a handy under the table.

I'm not an Apple fanboy, I'm just a fan of god-tier products. The iPod Classic is such a product.