What do you do with your old computers and components?

What do you do with your old computers and components?
Do you find a way to repurpose them, sell them, just throw them out?

throw them out of course

Use until obsolete, then toss them.

install gentoo on them and masturbate

how fucking lame, a bunch of wintel shitboxes

What's the fucking point in having so many?

What do you with all these?
Actually interested and not judging

*What do you do

I have been given old computers, and end up throwing ubuntu server on them, and find a use.

I never understood why the image contains a peeing girl((boy)) image on the otherwise network diagram

WGAT DO

This depresses me for some reason.

Take them to Best Buy for electronic recycling because I care about the environmental quality of the Earth

Neah, it needs a good layer of plaster and paint, and some carpet (depends how damp the basement is). At the least some fucking linoleum if you're that cheap.

Recycle them with a non-profit that refurbishes them and donates them to underprivileged charities and schools.

It puts the lotion on its skin

throw a carpet down and it would be a pretty cozy little place

heh

I have the Desktop. Then I have the Home Server that's a firewall and a NAS with a RAID array. I also have a big RAID array NAS that I just turn on when I need to copy something to or from it, it's like an external HDD that shows up on the network when I press the power button.

Upgrades have pretty much gone like this for two decades, I upgrade the desktop and then I put the desktop's motherboard/CPU in the 24/7 NAS and put that in the fileserver. Right now that fileserver has a Athlon II x3. By the time I upgrade the desktop that Athlon II isn't worth very much (it isn't now) and I'll probably just throw it away.

Upgrading my "servers" hardware with them

Donate them to poor friends

Put them in a closet or drawer until I have a use for them

After I accumulate too much shit I rage purge and take it all to one of those free e-recycling days. LAst time i dumped like 6 desktops and my childhood trs-80 iii. I should have kept the trs-80 but all the disks got ruined in a water leak at my parents house years ago.