USA has the 10th fastest internet speeds in the world

USA has the 10th fastest internet speeds in the world.

This a nation of population of 300m+.

BTFO most Yuro countries as well.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_Internet_connection_speeds
motherboard.vice.com/en_us/article/why-romanias-internet-is-so-much-faster-than-americas
slideshare.net/DanBarbulescu1/why-romania-tops-global-internet-speed
romania-insider.com/broadband-internet-romania/
akamai.com/us/en/multimedia/documents/state-of-the-internet/q4-2016-state-of-the-internet-connectivity-report.pdf
rcs-rds.ro/internet-digi-net/fiberlink
akamai.com/us/en/multimedia/documents/state-of-the-internet/q1-2017-state-of-the-internet-connectivity-report.pdf
dospeedtest.com/blog/romania-the-little-country-that-has-faster-internet-than-the-united-states/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

i have gigabit fiber with no data cap in southern Indiana of all places, for $75/mo from a private telco. Now I'm moving to the other side of town where I have pay Comcast the same price for 150/20mb with a 1TB cap. Fml

Who gives a fuck about maximal potential speeds in the country when majority of poorfags are stuck with 3rd world country Internet in here. In reality anything in Eastern Europe and Asia blows West away because they can have something like 240mbits/s download for $15.

we can do better

if not #1 by 2025 we should start domestic terror campaign against the ISPs.

Most NE states are the fastest actually.

Kek.. bet this was measured from servers in the USA

Those rates are abysmal. I bet if they excluded rural areas where no one lives and you can't even get dsl the US would be near the top.

can you get gigabit though? how much is it? gigabit is widely available in my area (virginia)

>Those rates are abysmal.

Compared to whom?

it's akamai, user.
they have servers in all those countries

Lol i got 1gbps/500mbps for 9 euros

Feels good not sucking jew dick

>18.7Mbps
Yeah ask your friends in whatever rural shithole what their average internet speed is and compare.

Yuro will always blow us the fuck out of the water because they adopted internet later so their infrastructure is newer.

This is why third world shitholes like Romania have considerably better internet connection (and prices) than Western Europe and especially US.

>can you get gigabit though?
I get symmetric Gbit (FTTH) for like $15, uncapped of course. Gbit is widely available and cheap, though plans are usually "up to" the maximum speed and in congested times of day they can get significantly slower. Pic related is what I get right now, at night it's pretty much full Gbit but in the worst case scenario I've had it drop as low as 300Mbps.

How does akamai measure speed? Do they host actual speed testing servers or what? I mean if you want to measure something as fast as a Gbit connection you need to have testing infrastructure designed for that and transfer a large enough quantity of data to get relevant results, you can't get relevant results based on something like serving a user 5 images from your CDN.

>This is why third world shitholes like Romania have considerably better internet connection (and prices) than Western Europe and especially US.

Except they don't. Just because a few blocks have "gigabit" (even though it's not symmetrical) that does not mean then entire nation is wired the same.

Dumbfuck.

Balt fag here, we have 100mbps up down unlimited, provided by major ISP in my village, this is the most basic deal, I dont think anything less is even offered anymore

Yes.Here it is something like 20€.

Not really, Gbit is readily available and cheap. The slowest and cheapest connection the largest (home) ISP has available is 100Mbps. This is delivered over fiber, which also carries their 1Gbit plan. Lately I've heard that they've been moving away from FTTB for apartment buildings and that they're apparently installing FTTH for everyone, or at least for new subscribers.

link

lmao

based digi

You are so lucky to live in non-shit country.
I gotta pay 20$ for
80/8
While you have 300/50+ for 10$

The only upside is no data cap. Well,could not reach one with such shit speed anyway.

Link? where can I see the full list

Only 27% have a connection over 15mb in Romania, compared to 24% in the US. Even at 15€, they are still too poor, don't care, or the massive speed you claim is only available to a small percentage of the population.

Now show the list of countries with >caps

Caps aren't country wide, fuccboi

I have gigabit fiber for $75/mo. I'm moving across town and have to get Comcast, but that's still only $89/mo for 150mbs

I got 70Mbit/s, no limit cap, with landline, and TV/DVR for $30 in Croatia.

Enjoying that $12k a year salary?

Sure am, I have $350 leftover every month, which is enough to buy an entire quality rig after a few months.

No complaints.

That chart is fake.Its
1.Japan
2.South K.
3.Romania
this guy is right.In Romania we had for years this speed.I pay 8$.

Only a 4% difference between the US and Romania in the number of users with over 15mb connections. Just because you don't agree with the facts does not mean it's "fake."

What 4% difference?Do you pay 8$ for 1000d/500u?Imagine we had this in Romania for years.USA net infrastructure is net inferior to that of Romania/S.Korea or Japan.Its not even a contest.
What 15mb connections are you talkng about?you cant even buy 15mb here.Only 100/500/1000.

Spectrum is dogshit and I get over 100Mbps

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_Internet_connection_speeds

Read and weep

>en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_Internet_connection_speeds

>wikipedia

back to highschool with you

also
>akamai 2015

outdated shit study.
Akamai 2015:
motherboard.vice.com/en_us/article/why-romanias-internet-is-so-much-faster-than-americas

most recently 4th place in the WORLD my negro

>Romania has 9 of the world’s top 15 cities with fastest broadband internet
romania-insider.com/broadband-internet-romania/

Even my grandmother has 1000download/500 upload for years here.meanwhile, amerifats have to pay 100 bucks for 100download with speedcap.

How pathetic is america thinking that 15 mbps at $60 is a first world luxury.

How pathetic is it that only 27% of the population is so poor they can't afford $8 for high speed internet.
>And it explains why the US hasn't been able to catch up. The neighborhood networks work well in dense urban areas of Romania, but hanging fiber optic cables from the trees in the internet wastelands of America wouldn't make for a very practical solution.

>There are a few reasons why Romania's internet speeds rival those in Japan and South Korea, while making the rest of Europe and North America seem slow in comparison. For one, there are a lot fewer people online in Romania. The internet penetration rate is just 50 percent in Romania, according to the International Telecommunications Union (the UN's information and communications agency), while the US penetration rate is more than 80 percent. And since Romania has a population of about 19 million and a land mass about the size of Oregon, it makes it a lot easier to deliver super high speeds..

Love how you criticized wiki, but posted a *vice* article.

I dont riticise wiki, I asid it posts an outdated study from Akamai, and i even posted the new studies from Akamai.

In 2017 Romania is 4th globally.USA is 17th.
End of deal.

8 million vs. 240 million.
It's not an very big achievement. Only 50% can afford $8 internet, and you seem pleased. It's literally the only thing worth bragging about Romania, besides the mud and straw houses.

Nigger what is so hard to understand?Relativity doesnt work here.Why dont countries with 18 million populatio,like Romania, equal it in internet speed?

If you compare 1000 random romanians to 1000 random americans, you will still get murdered so hard that it will not even be funny.

Romania 4th, USA 17th.End of deal, fatass.

Connecting a few cities with high speed internet is really not that big of a deal in a small, insignificant country full of gypsies.

Now you're just changing thesubject, mongrel piece of shit.

Romania 4th
USA 17th
You're living in a romanian world, you just dont or refuse to acknowledge it yet.

Your country is smaller than Colorado. The US will always be behind on average because it takes so long to update the infrastructure. Enjoy it you lucky cunt.

akamai.com/us/en/multimedia/documents/state-of-the-internet/q4-2016-state-of-the-internet-connectivity-report.pdf

You are so wrong about many things, friend

Nah, it just sheer superior romanian intelect.
This is why american girls CRAVE romanians.The most common couples in america are RM-AW(romanian man-american women).

American girls crave whatever the media tells them to which is currently Africans. They are whores.

wrong.You can only buy in Romania 100/300/500/1000 so those nubmers are fiction.

rcs-rds.ro/internet-digi-net/fiberlink

Romania has 9 of the world’s top 15 cities with fastest broadband internet

most recently 4th place in the WORLD my negro

Girls like this, perhaps

What part of "greater than" does your Romanian intellect not understand? You aren't even in the top 5 in Europe.

We are number 1 in Europe.Your study does not show the peak, so its IRRELEVANT.

>Meanwhile, Romania's peak speeds sit around 58.7 mbps, the fastest internet in Europe, and the sixth-fastest in the world.

From Akamai 2014.
I'd like to see the peak in 2017.We are probably number 1 in the world.

Fucking amerisharts cant even read a study.

DCfag here, the internet here from most providers is fucking slow. How do the rest of you even live

You are number 17 with an average connection speed of 16.1, as of Q4 2016. Stay salty, gypo

Average is skewed. Try median instead.

75 ameribucks for internet?
Europe charges half that price.

Negro!
Do you understand that average is irrelevant because its relative to multiple factors like population size/infrastructure, to name a few?

If you compare 1000 amerisharts to 1000 romanians you will get around 30 mb and romanians over 80.Hell,Romania has 9 of the world’s top 15 cities with fastest broadband internet, so if you compare 1000 romanians from a main city, you will get a huge surprise.

And I dont even know where the 16.1 is from that study, when in Romania you cannot buy that connection speed.Minimum is 100.

Cool. I pay half that also. But I also don't believe that one random stranger on the internet is representative of the whole.

>internet speed thread
>romaniafags everywhere
Every time.

Lel, I'm being trolled by a complete idiot.

Outside of Bucharest, Romania has shit terrible speeds. That's why they are the bottom of any speed collecting websites.

Romania's peak internet speed was 4th in 2016, GLOBALLY.America?17th.

huh?What are you talking about, gypsy?I'm in a village and I have acces to 1000.

Bucahrest is behind Ploiesti and Iasi.There is little difference between cities in Romania.

Well in France at least internet connection is about 30-35€ a month, countrywide

>slideshare.net/DanBarbulescu1/why-romania-tops-global-internet-speed
>20 percent of Europol's cyber defense experts are Romanian police officers
That's interesting to be honest.

Cool, I pay $45

You ask me to compare 1k gypsies to 1k humans, and the results would be called an "average." Your average speed is about 16, 17th in EUROPE. But what you want me to do is compare 1k gypsies in a select city to the average of a whole country that is hilariously larger than your cherry picked city. Pathetic.

Who gives a shit about """peak""". Your average speeds are slower than many Western Euro nations.

FACT

With actual sources:

akamai.com/us/en/multimedia/documents/state-of-the-internet/q1-2017-state-of-the-internet-connectivity-report.pdf

Where are your sources?

Not good enough. We're Americans, we should be number one in everything we do. Fuck everyone else.

>Who gives a shit about """peak"""

No one gives a shit about average.We have 9/15 fastest cities, the fastest town, best internet provider(DIGI) and the in 2016 ranked 4th globally in peak.
That romanians have such high peak and such low average shows that they cannot afford the hardware(router/pc).meanwhile americans have shit infrastructure.

The average is not 16.This is a lie.

>Also, according to our data, the average download speed in the US is 28.9 Mbps, while in Romania; it is as high as 60 Mbps.

dospeedtest.com/blog/romania-the-little-country-that-has-faster-internet-than-the-united-states/

I'm not falling for it, OP. The US is a regulatory shit hole. How many people in the US actually get internet above 15/5? How are the bandwidth caps?

Oh don't worry, you'll always be number one in school shooting

>As high as
More cherry picking and denying facts. Do you know who akamai is? No one has heard of your little blog/editorial.

>NetIndex, an online catalog of internet speeds from US company Ookla, uses software to regularly test download speeds around the world. It found the average download speed in the US to be 28.9 mbps, while Romania enjoys 60 mbps

Here's the cherry on the cake

>The ITU report says Romania's fast internet can be largely attributed to this unique phenomenon of neighborhood networks and notes 16 percent of connections have speeds of at least 100 mbps

DIGI gives free upgrade from 100 to 300, so if all romanian's would switch to 300, Romania would make it to nr 1 by far.

Like I said, the problem ere is that we can afford internet but cant afford hardware.In USA its the opposite.I myself cant afford a 1 giga router and switch.

Also your "article" has the peak US at 48 vs 58 for gypos. Not very impressed.

When my grandma with around 250$ salary has 1 giga download/500 upload, faster than 99.99999% of americans, then you have lost.

what

when did Norway surpass Japan, South Korea, Finland, and Sweden ?
not to mention the rest of the countries that used to be above

When my grams has teeth, more than 99.999% of gypos, I have won. End of story.

I did not mean to include south korea but yeah.

Im not familiar with telecom tech; what dictates a country having better internet speeds? And how can a country with worse speeds get as good of a speed as the top 5 countries?

Serious question

I have Cable TV + infinite bandwidth + 50 mb/s for 25€ (~US $28) a month.
What now?

We have worse connection but at least I will not die if I don't have money

How is that tightwad Republican thing workin' for ya?

Pretty good so far, my investments are up about 9% since January.