Can you foreign fucks even compete with the charm of Norway?

Can you foreign fucks even compete with the charm of Norway?

Post images then you ugly fucks

Other urls found in this thread:

france-beautiful-villages.org/en
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Delete this shitty thread and your shitty lowres picture, before deleting yourself you waste of space.

yes

Holy sheeeiiiiit! Now, that's fucking nice frenchbro
Name, place? I'm gonna go down there this summer and masturbate my norwegian genes all over that place

even though its touristy as fuck its still so comfy looking

Wow, that's 11/11 points. What's the place?

name is filename

also amongst the most beautiful French village

check the entire list here:

france-beautiful-villages.org/en

>read filename

however, I have to say the pics presented on this site are underwhelming, so you'd better check in google for much better pics

ugly small town you have there user. There are much better places than that in Norway

Small town USA all day

Small Norwegian towns are extremely "cosy" in summer.

>that distant smell of fresh paint
>those newly cocked shrimps, lobsters, crabs, crawfish on deck
>heaven on earth

Don't you have that nice cosy stuff in all your foreign countries?

We can easily top this

santa claus lives here

Norway more like no way

Definitely. (Volkovysk, Belarus)

Norway more like norgay

i lik norvay verry

>norgay
I think you mean no gay
Many nice places in Slovenia, I want to go there sometime.

But it's all brick like the rest of Europe. Much more cozy with Norwegian wood. :)

It's mostly because it survives longer and doesn't burn. Where I come from, people used to build ground floors in brick and first floors in wood after a huge fire that burned half of the town down.

There's wood in the mountains, though.

Thank you finnbro
If you come to Norway in summer, you will never go back to mongolia.

That's what I thought. Foreign countries are pretty "sterile" with all their brick buildings, not cozy and warm like Norway

>he doesn't live in the biggest ponderosa pine tree forest in the world
feels great to see all these trees

>Warm
I kekkled

Easy

It's warm enough in summer here for me. 20-30C... anything more would be deadly

>wood
Never understood you and other Scandis building so much with it, as it is as shit-tier as it gets in subarctic/oceanic moist climate
>barely insulates
>rots away quickly
Stone would be so much better in your places, and I'm sure with your low pop density and many mountains, you have more than enough of it
Even more so considering most of your trees being conifers which are known for rather low quality wood

Treated wood will last forever. Also insulation goes between the outside and the inside hans, usually behind drywall. Wood is more aesthetically pleasing

>not even closed canopy (you can see the ground)
>forest
Pick one
What you posted is a dry steppe shrubland, proper forest looks like pic related

>as it is as shit-tier as it gets in subarctic/oceanic moist climate

>has never been outside real wood buildings in summer
>has never experienced the distant smell of paint while eating lobster on a boat

Bricks are shit tier. Cold and sterile. Wood is alive and have real charm.

>barely insulates

Norwegian building standards have up to 30cm of insulation in walls

>rots away quickly

Not if you treat it correctly - it could last for centruies

Nah, actual certified world's largest pinus ponderosa standing in the whole world. German forests are nice, I used to live in Stuttgart and went camping often. But Flagstaff > Any city anywhere

Ain't it bad in summer too? I don't know how hot it can get in your place, but here in hot summers it can reach up to 40°C, so stone buildings are actually a bit cooler inside, if they were wooden it'd be a fucken sauna
Well here wood piles used in viticulture etc. have to be dipped in tar in the bottom so they don't rot too fast in the portion that's in the ground, but usually you still want to replace them after 10-20 years

You should try living in one of our houses before saying anything. Wood is fucking amazing in cold climates.

I've lived in older houses of stone during my student time in the capital, and it's awful. It doesn't hold heat nearly as well as wood, and you absolutely need a carpet on the floor for it not to feel like you're walking on literal ice (unless the floor has been wood paneled or given floor heating, which is rare, expensive and sucks electricity like a motherfucker).

Wood is good shit. We have 900 year old wooden buildings still standing in our harsh climate, which should be proof enough of why it's the preferred construction material. Not to mention it's easier to build of, and we have lots of it.

fjord niggers have very nice places

Savannah, GA in the USA can

Ya but then you're stuck in Georgia which sucks

Eh, maybe it's just me but coniferous "forests" simply don't feel like forests to me, but rather wood plantations (which they often are here because locally there are no native conifers)
Also it should be dense, and no ground spot should get direct sunlight (in the growing season) for it to qualify as forest
Eh, still not too convinced in general. Our garden shed for example is wooden, and it can easily get to +50 inside there in summer heatwaves (you can barely spend more than a minute inside there to for example pick up a tool you need before feeling extremely uneasy)
Also I'd be too paranoid to be trapped in a constant fire hazard I guess

Canada is very charming.

Please come.

I like coniferous forests cause when I walk through it I feel like I'm in chernarus from ARMA 2

>if they were wooden it'd be a fucken sauna

All homes made of wood have extra insulation.... 20-30 cm insulation - mostly glass wool (that is far better than just bricks)

>you still want to replace them after 10-20 years

That's because you don't know how to treat wood buildings properly

>still not too convinced in general
Well, if literal millenia of construction doesn't convince you, it can't be helped. Early day stone buildings in our climate were much less sustainable, considering they had to be plastered with lime for it to be waterproof and not get weather damage. Lime plaster was also something that could take years to make, so it was only saved for the most important buildings.

And again, wood preserves heat much better, which you'd think would be beneficial in our climate during winters, no? Stone houses are also often cooler inside than outside in their purest form. That's not the case with wood.

And I'm not going to assume your garden shed was made for people to live in. How about trying an actual house and see how it is? Really, just stay at a hotel here. Anything.

>20-30 cm insulation
OK then, was thinking of pure wood panels as walls only
Also I'm saying this because there is a wooden house in the new neighbourhood around here built in around 2007, and it already looks like total shit...
Sure probably not well maintained, but then again having to spend thousands of €s every year on varnish/glaze makes it very expensive long-term. Also, sas well as stone keeps out heat in summer (much wanted - when I was conscripted some years ago my office was in a very thick-walled, ca. 50cm, old stone wall building and even when it was almost 40 outside it stayed a comfy 20-22 inside), it also keeps off cold in winter, reducing heating bill which is very expensive here because unlike you we don't have super cheap oil, the yearly heating bill is around €3k (which would be 7-10k adjusted to your purchasing power) for our 3x120 m^2 house (thankfully a bit lower the last few years thanks to lack of winter)

kek

We have some nice parts and big extensions of fucking nothing

Isle of Arran, Western Scotland. It's lovely here.

Lots of movies shoot in Isle of Skye for some reason.

Anybody remember X-Men first class? Apparently the Nazis where in paradise here. topkek

Villa Gesell and Bariloche are both abundant in nazi progeny, dunno why they swaped names tho.

>and it already looks like total shit...

Probably because they're not used to maintaining wood buildings in Germany

>having to spend thousands of €s every year on varnish/glaze makes it very expensive long-term

Meh, you just need good (norwegian) paint every ~7-10 years, that's all.

>Also, sas well as stone keeps out heat in summer
>it also keeps off cold in winter, reducing

So does 20-30cm glass wool insulation

>which would be 7-10k adjusted to your purchasing power

I believe our purchasing power is pretty similar actually

Comfy as fuck. Would happily live there.

I know, the joke was that they misplaced the landscape. Peron sure did allow some questionable things for being a hero in our country eh?

You have those islands you stole from us James.Just kidding, I know it wasn't your fault. Or was it?

this is near my house. Pretty comfy imo

Is that where bigfoot lives?

I love this pic! I want to be there, man, it looks comfy as fuck!

>>I believe our purchasing power is pretty similar actually
What I meant to say is "inflation-adjusted", comparing things as a whole.
I know beer is insanely expensive in your place (here we pay €12-14 for a 20x0.5l of "premium" brand Pilsener and €6 for the cheap stuff like Oettinger, both ~5% ABV, IIRC you pay like 4x that price), also wine (OK I get it extra cheap cause my family has vinegrowers so for the cheapest stuff it's €0.80/L, I give a little more out of "family generosity"), then you have groceries which are still more expensive than here (1kg of bread is like €1 for the very cheapest supermarket stuff, €2-3 from bakery, 1kg of minced pork around €6, 1L of milk around €0.50 to give you an idea), then you have energy which is comparatively cheap compared to our overtaxed shit, thanks Greens (here electricity is about €0.30/kWh, which makes AC mostly unaffordable)

Wallace, Idaho.

I grew up in a place called Coeur d'Alene, Idaho. Pretty underrated state imo

From what i've heard, Idaho is one of the best states in the USA. I mean, its almost full of white people, pretty safe, comfy wheather, and republican.

So you want to make it an LA 2.0 by moving there?