trying out updated OP from last thread edition
improvements welcome

>old thread
>Discord / IRC
discord.gg/wdg
#Sup Forumswdg @ irc.rizon.net
Web client: rizon.net/chat

>Getting started
Get a good understanding of HTML, CSS and JavaScript.
Everything you learn will have these as their base.
The Mozilla Developer Network offers a good intro (no matter your browser choice)
developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Learn/Getting_started_with_the_web

>Online courses
codecademy.com/
freecodecamp.com/
bento.io/

>Further reading/viewing
youtube.com/watch?v=sBzRwzY7G-k
github.com/kamranahmedse/developer-roadmap
github.com/dypsilon/frontend-dev-bookmarks
github.com/vhf/free-programming-books/blob/master/free-programming-books.md

>Code challenges
codewars.com/
hackerrank.com/
codefights.com/

>Useful tools
developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Web - Guides for HTML, CSS, JS, Web APIs & more.
libraries.io/ - Discover new open source libraries, modules and frameworks and keep track of ones you depend upon.
programmableweb.com/ - List of public APIs
caniuse.com/ - Check browser support for front-end web technologies

>Useful Youtube channels
derekbanas
learncodeacademy
funfunfunction
computerphile
coding train

>cheap vps hosting in most western locations
digitalocean.com/
vultr.com/
linode.com/
scaleway.com/
heroku.com/
lowendbox.com

Other urls found in this thread:

babeljs.io/learn-es2015/
es6-features.org/
stackoverflow.com/a/4900656
sandbox.onlinephpfunctions.com/code/92fb63ede638399d0ef49f4d7982024990874073
developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Web/API/FileReader
libpng.org/pub/png/spec/1.2/PNG-Contents.html
github.com/niegowski/node-pngjs
angel.co/boomtv
codepen.io/user/pen/NgWpRN
rutracker.org/forum/search_cse.php?cx=014434608714260776013:ggcq1kovlga&cof=FORID:9&ie=utf-8&q=laracasts&sa=Поиск в Google
sparkjava.com/tutorials/application-structure
github.com/joeferner/node-java
learncpp.com/
help.github.com/articles/syncing-a-fork/
stackoverflow.com/questions/36191073/node-java-error-libjvm-so-cannot-open-shared-object-file-no-such-file-or-dire
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I like the new OP, OP

What is the best way to learn es6 from scratch?

babeljs.io/learn-es2015/
or
es6-features.org/

has a good overview

Think of a project and make it.

> code console utils for an years
> have no idea for React/Angular/Vue app
Can you help me, user?

Need pretty urgent PHP help for this problem I'm having. I'm getting a bunch of data from a json rest API and I'm using json_decode to print the results. Now, the issue is there are multiple results with the same name but different keys.

Right now I'm using the following to get the first result, how can I repeat this for all of the keys with the same name and print them below each other sperately?

print ''.$json['result'][0]['name'].'';

install Vue.js

Vue is love, Vue is life

lol that sucks. I just took the pic above me, rotated and saved. Why did I lose the transparency? How do I keep it?

Use a foreach loop

bump

how do i manipulate individual pixel using javascript?

fillRect on your canvas context with width and height both being 1.

stackoverflow.com/a/4900656

VUE
U
E

What are you using to edit it? Just tried it in MacOS preview and GIMP, and they both seem to preserve transparency by default, provided you export to a format that supports transparency, which you seem to have.

There might be a setting in whatever program you're using, probably under export settings or something similar.

I see all of the resources but as a total beginner I just downloaded
>notepad ++

Which site should I check out first? I only have basic HTML understanding.

sandbox.onlinephpfunctions.com/code/92fb63ede638399d0ef49f4d7982024990874073

nono, im thinking more like

>user upload a picture
>i manipulate picture
>spit picture back out

i know there's jimp, but i want to edit the picture myself, without using libraries.

>Getting started
>Online courses
in the OP

teamtreehouse and other paid sites have like 1 week trials you can also use alternatively

DELETE FROM table;

Table has 400k rows.

Been executing for 3 minutes 50 seconds so far.

>without using libraries
okay
start by loading the image data
developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Web/API/FileReader
then you need to decode the file. start by reading format specifications. here's one for png: libpng.org/pub/png/spec/1.2/PNG-Contents.html
after decoding you should have a 2d array of pixels you could maniputale as you want
after you're done encode it back, the format specification will apply here as well

after you've decided that you actually don't want to do this without external libraries, get some existing decoders like github.com/niegowski/node-pngjs
and delegate the encoding/decoding part to them

When you say "in javascript", do you mean on the frontend, in the browser, or do you mean in Node?

Because JavaScript actually has builtin support for painting the common image formats in a canvas, and then you can just edit the pixels you want. After that, users can just right-click > save image as on the canvas (I believe as a png). Or I think there are ways of converting to other formats.

If it's in Node, I think the canvas api is still available, but I'm not sure if that's the most efficient way to do it. You might want to look in to libraries as suggested.

i'll use that library

when i said no libraries i meant i dont want to do decompression, manipulation, grayscaling, yadda yadda myself

thats why i mentioned jimp

STOP BEING GAY

i dont want to do --> i WANT to do

fuck im retarded

>setInterval(function(){ otherFunction()}, 3000);

>if (myVariable == true)

dumb frogposter

FindAll on mongodb
Collection has 3M documents
Manipulate it to make a datastructure in memory.
Store results in xml file (500MB)
Took 8minutes.
Golang isn't THAT bad...

meant for

>Xe doesn't own a GitHub shirt

Do something you would find useful yourself.
Otherwise you won't have motivation and won't finish it anyway.

how about TRUNCATE

Does anyone have experiences with captive portals/spash pages?

I want either:
• all requests to be forwarded to one address (an html page on my local network)
• all users to be sent to a certain page as soon as they connect to the wifi

What I have:
• DDWRT enabled router
• No internet
• Cat5e connection between router and a PC running windows (my 'web'server using apache)

I just have an open wifi I want people to connect through to see a web page through my apache PC, I don't need them to do anything else on the network. I wouldn't mind an 'agree' page as long as it dumps you on a specified site but that's not really what i'm looking for, it just seems like a lot of the programs/services are associated with that.

>if (isTrue == String("yes"))

Anyone else a PHPajeet here? I don't like PHP that much but ''''''node'''''' and its tooling is downright awful imo.

just regular Windows' Paint

>using paint in year > 1995

Anyone else a McDonald here? I don't like McDonalds that much but '''''''''''' and its service is downright awful imo.
This is what you sound like.

I'm not gonna download fucking gimp when all I do with my pic editor is crop pics

Yes, it's fine for most things.

You mean strictly backend? If so then I don't use either. I only use node for frontend dev tools and for my electron game. I have no complaints.

Where the hell do I put the Maps API key in Wordpress so the map can actually show up?

RTFM

Might be foreign key checks.

How do you beat impostor syndrome?

Agree on node being shit but there are other choices.

>see this angel.co/boomtv
>basically lets you zoom around and watch things from different views
>3.5 million in funding

What the fuck, man

quit whoring out your website to all those 3rd parties

brb off to get a patent on spectator mode

I don't get how they do it.

I'm in the same field and everyone around me is getting seed funding or bought out.

I guess I just suck ass. I get 4k uniques per day and it's like I don't even exist anywhere. Nothing on google, no social media postings, nothing.

Either:
1. Your product is shit
2. You're not trying to market your product
2. You're not sociable enough to sell your product

or I've only been around for 2 months and people are actively ripping off my stuff.

Making a twitter clone with Bulma as the framework. This framework is perfect for this shit. I don't have to do anything.

how do I limit the number of rows in tags. just like in ?

You could probably do it in CSS, by setting the height in 'lh' (line height) units.

Is laracasts worth getting a subscription for? I have access to Lynda but its pretty lacking desu.

I don't know any php and it kind of looks like laracasts is more for laravel? Maybe?

Anyone have experience with this site? Could you recommend?

Laracasts is pretty good. I've been a sub for about a year now.

Just keep in mind that most of the stuff uses a Mac, but I like his teaching style. For some reason I absorb it very fast the way he does it.

codepen.io/user/pen/NgWpRN

I don't know but you should try this first
rutracker.org/forum/search_cse.php?cx=014434608714260776013:ggcq1kovlga&cof=FORID:9&ie=utf-8&q=laracasts&sa=Поиск в Google :^)

>namecheap auto-buying and offering domains for 1000 times the price

Fuck you, namecheap. You used to be cool.

I want to get into coding, good luck to me.

So it comes down to the guys teaching style and whether or not it clicks? When I was looking through his library (assuming I can see it all as a non-member) it looked pretty small, is that a fair assessment user?

Always a damn mac.

Yeah I honestly may pirate a video first just to see what he's all about.

Thanks guys.

Anyone know about a good book/resource for make more beautiful page with CSS?

send help, just need the name of a program or service that isn't garbage or $$

There's enough content there if it has the things you want to learn about.

You can go to the smallest library in your state and still not finish all of the books.

Keep trying, Pajeet.

Guys I just bought a thinkpad.

webdev or programming?

Which skill should I focus on first.

That's true. Maybe I need to take another look around there. I got no problem paying money I just want to make sure I like his style is all.

Anything else worth subscribing to user?

Laracasts is all I've subscribed to so far.

Something about his style is very comfy. It's a relaxing place to learn. It's like a mix between story-time in kindergarten and CS class but explained friendlier and more thoroughly.

Maybe some other anons can pipe in about other places to learn from.

Is vue actually worth learning or is it just disguised nigger shit?

i want to achieve the right side with backface visibility thingy

>webdev or programming
but webdev involves programming

no niggers in china

Odds - Use PHP for backend
Even - Use Go for backend
0 - Use Node

Does anyone here have experience with GraphQL?

Trying to figure out how the fuck to make a schema created with the makeExecutableSchema function from graphql-tools to work with the SubscriptionManager class

Pls help, in python3 and scrapy (a FOSS webscraper)

so in this program, after getting html of the page, if I want to extract the contents of

“The world as we have created it is a process of our
thinking. It cannot be changed without changing our thinking.”

by Albert Einstein
(about)

Tags:
change
deep-thoughts
thinking
world

with the program (in python3):

>>> response.css("div.quote")
>>> title = quote.css("span.text::text").extract_first()
>>> title
'“The world as we have created it is a process of our thinking. It cannot be changed without changing our thinking.”'

question is, what would I type if the html was:

?

I tried

>>> response.css("div.")

but got an error

im not what the difference between backend and front end is, is this consdered backend or front end?

sparkjava.com/tutorials/application-structure

im using java to generate the webpage, so its a front end right? But since im producing the final webpage, but it also takes in data from the database, so like it can't go back further than that can it?

I'm making it, fellas.

Compete with bigger services, show them you have some power users, they buy you out.
bingo.

Remove the dot

wouldn't I get a bunch of other unwanted tags that use ? I just thought there was a shorter way, eh, I just go another layer tru enough

/src/main/java is backend
images, css and velocity templates are frontend

try div[class], pic related

okay, I just realized that I dun goofed.
div[class=""] to match only the divs with empty class. I don't even know if scrapy supports all this, but it should

nice! thank you

is it possible to even have dual language running on a website? one for showing shit and one for doing stuff at the back? im not talking html and node but node and java

im aware of github.com/joeferner/node-java

but from what i see its just a pseudo-java implementation inside node? what the fuck is the point of that?

i already have a java code written (it takes in a file then spit out a file)

i guess using child_process).exec ??? then calling 'java yadda yadda'??

but what would happen if theres like 100 user using the same service at once wouldn't it fuck up the input/output files if my comp isnt quick enough

Can /wdg/ help me extracting specific contents of a site?

I was wondering if any of you kind people can write me a script that downloads the actual contents (without the comments) of the site.

sent

learncpp.com/

>but from what i see its just a pseudo-java implementation inside node?
it's not. here you go

Is there a way to automatically delete unused images from my folder? Something that scans html/css for images

If you're using Gulp, there's a few gulp tasks you can use that'll do it.

Hey,

Can I have nested git repos where I can commit once and it creates the same commit in both repos?

The structure of the project is like this:
>docker-compose-project/
>docker-compose-project/heroku-web-project/

Both are Git repos, one goes to BitBucket the other one to Heroku. I just want to keep the commits for the Heroku project synchronized with the parent project.

Thanks in advance brosefs

find . -print0 -name "*.{html,css}" | xargs -0 grep -Poh '(src=\"|url\()\K.*.png' | uniq | xargs -L 1 rm

arigato user senpai

If an interviewer asks about OOP is it enough to mention inheritance and encapsulation?

Definitely not

help.github.com/articles/syncing-a-fork/

but what you describe seems like not the ideal approach anyway.
Whats the problem with just having 1 repo?

wew
thanks user

so my heroku app is written in nodejs but i have a java script in it so i have to install java as a dependecy

i already followed the instructions here stackoverflow.com/questions/36191073/node-java-error-libjvm-so-cannot-open-shared-object-file-no-such-file-or-dire

but im still getting the same error described

not JavaScript but JAVA static method in it

i can run the web just fine locally.

I wanna get into making wordpress themes.

what do?