What is the best backend framework?
Why do you think so?

Other urls found in this thread:

springoneplatform.io/
github.com/aspnet/home/issues/2022
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Anybody?

Bump

they're both fucking garbage, but django is a bit better because python is a much more widely used language and is much more versatile. Also django is easier to get started with

I feel the opposite, I feel like Rails is much easier. I used to write a prolific amount of php, mostly with a framework called codeigniter. It was a really fast and good framework back in the day. Anyway I'm a systems guy, and mostly do devops stuff these days. I mostly use Ruby and Python to make scripts and small automation focused services with flask and Sinatra.

Anyway earlier this year I needed a full blown web crud app so I started with django having never used it before. I found it frustrating and I hated how I had to mess with routes for every page.

I switched to rails and I was way more productive and felt much more comfortable with rails in general. Rails will basically do everything for you automatically, the basics of getting all your crud in CRUD setup with literally a few lines of code and config. From there you can iteratively start customizing as needed. Rails 5 is based as fuck imo.

Go''s http library

I like working with django, except the setup/configuration is fucking POHR that I keep considering tearing it down and rebuilding in a new framework. Makes me miss the days of Classic ASP / VBScript.

Spring MVC
>arguably the most advanced backend framework
>fantastic documentation
>huge amount of resources
>industry standard
>battle-tested in enterprise
>seamlessly integrates with other Spring modules and implementations JEE standards, which provide advanced solutions for everything you could ever need in a backend application
>has great IDE support in both IntelliJ and Eclipse
>strikes a good balance between implementing new features and keeping backwards compatibility
>supports both manual configuration approach and "convention over configuration" approach with Spring Boot
>gratis and libre
>backed by VMware, Inc.
>has a dedicated developer conference taking place every year since 2006 springoneplatform.io/
>officially supports Kotlin

flask

Can you recommend a good mvc skeleton or library for flask? I fucking hate django.

They are both not great, bloat, have weird conventions, run by meh communities and use dynamic-everything-you-need-to-test-everything languages.

>Enterprise
Spring
>Farming VC Chumps for dosh
Rails

django is great because its simple enough to learn without knowing much python up front. it works on giving you a standard way of hooking everything together and then you just take care of your actual application logic. then as you learn python and more stuff, graduating to something more hands-on like flask is easy.

>mvc skeleton or library for flask
Just do your own, and be consistent

If you're going full Microsoft stack: ASP.NET.
Otherwise, Spring.

If you're on Microsoft Windows Server and Microsoft SQL Server and Microsoft IIS, ASP.NET is a breeze.
You gotta finagle it a bit to get it working well with other databases.

not using pajeet.js

Node.js

I need something we can standardize on in my department at work.

but .net core is almost stabile, so you don't have to go full microsoft. btw ef core has been rebuild from the ground and is now much more faster than the .net ef 6 version.

I'm not saying it's impossible, I'm just saying it's clunky to use.

We're using ASP.NET + EF on a Oracle database at work, and EF doesn't always cut it so we're still writing a lot of raw SQL.

they literally made a shitton of breaking changes last month
github.com/aspnet/home/issues/2022

/thread

>fantastic documentation
surely you're fucking joking. Spring's documentation is all over the place and you often have to rely on fucking forums for people who have been using the framework for the last 8 years to explain basic concepts like controller parameters. The rest, though, you're pretty much right.

Rails because morons that run VC funds still think that it is sexy and will give you millions for any project that uses it.

A custom Clojure stack.

Loving deployd, looking to jump into expressa because of that postgres.

django is rails clones.

It really comes down to Python vs Ruby