When did you wake up to the realization that 8GB RAM is not enough anymore nowadays?

When did you wake up to the realization that 8GB RAM is not enough anymore nowadays?

Today. When I was playing Cities Skylines and it used 13 GB of memory.

1GB IS more than enough
I usually use about 150MiB.

Video gaming plebs go back to v.

I have 6GB and it's just enough for what I do

That's why I went back to using 4.

I used to think so, but it was really because Windows 10 is such a memory hog.
Dualbooting mint and I never see more than 3gb usage evn with lots of tabs and youtube, editor etc.

8gb is absolutely more than enough. I have never one needed more than that, even doing dev at work.
the Sup Forums autists just want to feel important running 23 vms at use, but somehow they never do any actual work with those super specs.

8GB is fine for a laptop. Anything less is pathetic and unsable. Bare minimal for PC is 16GB

>8GB RAM is not enough anymore nowadays?

It is for me, unless I intend to use virtual machines.

150MiB is one chrome tab. But you can easily survive with 2GiB.

why would i invest a third of my budget for ram?

When I started using Vivaldi and amassed over 170 tabs at once.

exactly! I use surf and dont have more than 2 windows open. the rest of my system fits in ~70MiB

i still use 2 gb just fine

What's the fucking your supposed to do to fill 8Gb?

In 2013, 2GB was enough.
Now with recent chrome versions, it thrashes my SSD too often, so 4GB is now the bare minimum if you want to keep 30 tabs open.
In 2020, 8GB will be the bare minimum just to browse the internet.
Better max out your DDR3 ram while it's still at historically low prices.

I'm sorry, I don't play barely interactive moviegames that require 200TB of RAM to fucking render your goddamn garbage, nor do I make shitty meme movies to post to reddit with bloated fucking Adobe shitware.

>historically low prices
You been living under a rock? DDR3 has skyrocketed over the past year the same as DDR4. Going back to historically low prices would be $35 for a decent brand of RAM not $50-60 for the cheap shit like it is now

When I got a new laptop, who's specs are killer in every way, except the 8GB of RAM.

Turns out, I can't run two web browsers with 20-99 open tabs on each, a calendar app, mail client, chat service aggregator, media player, and word processor all at the same time without having the system lock up once every day or two because of memory leaks(though a ~30 second reboot gets it running fast again with every app open).

MOAR RAM FAGGOT

$35 for how much?

>20-99 open tabs
No sane person needs that many goddamn tabs open. If you are so fucking paranoid about closing a site because you might lose it, LEARN HOW TO BOOKMARK SHIT.

The irony being whoever made this really wasnt memeing about it.

These charts are supposed to he bullshit for a laugh

forgot to mention this was for 8gb single sticks or 8gb kits. the 2x4gb kits where somewhat cheaper

Dunno, I used to use 4GB in my desktop and server. Then during the last rebuild cycle for both I made the leap to 32GB (desktop, max the board could take) and 8GB (server, for what it does 8GB is more than enough room.) Really 32GB is way overkill but at the time I had the money and the board could take it so why not. But I'm sticking with my Penom II x4 955 though. Yes I could upgrade but there is no point. Funny though I do have a FX 8300 as my server cpu.

jalf a year ago when android fails to compile through one run.
i could try to disable ninja tough.

I got 40 tabs of chrome open and ffxiv running right now, 8gb is enough for me.

about 8 years ago when i bought 16GB. should have bought 32 though, 16 isn't enough