/cyb/ /sec/ general: cyberpunk and cybersecurity

Infornography Edition

/cyb/ /sec/ general is for discussion of anything and everything related to cyberpunk and cybersecurity.

>what is cyberpunk?
pastebin.com/raw/Jpci0dqD

>cyberpunk directory
pastebin.com/raw/HiTA1yXK

>nothing to hide? please.
youtu.be/pcSlowAhvUk

>cybersecurity essentials
pastebin.com/raw/0AjC2mcD

>cybersecurity resources
pastebin.com/raw/98vvNwcH

>thread archive
archive.rebeccablacktech.com/g/search/subject/cyb/

>thread backup
cyberpunked.org/

>previous thread
>irc://irc.rizon.net:6697
join #Sup Forumspunk and #Sup Forumssec

Other urls found in this thread:

bbc.com/news/business-39269437
vanityfair.com/search?q=
bbc.com/news/business-36387734
bbc.com/news/technology-34066941
youtu.be/guYu_Dmnc78
youtu.be/z6Kr8kh3FdE
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Lain was a fucking slut

i will find you, and end your pathetic life you worm

Anyone going to recon

Hey now, let's all just love lain.

what? lol

I'll cut your face off and fuck you with it.

>Anime
Hi.
Go to hell.

I don't watch anime, only animes i watched was pokemon and lain i will tear you apart you pathetic insecure kike mongoloid.

like this isnt Sup Forums

this thread is gay

Cool, I was waiting for /cyb/sec/.

Some user would like help me for fun? Is web server sec related.

Also, we could share again the places where we get news.

And that is what brings you here, right?

sure where u wanna chat

remind me then why we have boards specifically for interests other than anime? like, i dont know, technology for example.

Chatting here would be nice imo. I only have other normie ways so.

Well just ask your questions, I'm sure either him, me or someone else will answer them at some point.

because as you'll find out, this is Sup Forums, newfag
remember, Sup Forums - technology is a place for anime lovers to talk about technology, /k/ is a place for anime lovers to talk about weapons, etc etc

Okay mates, thanks.

My question is pretty simple, I would love to have my cloud stuff with OwnCloud, so I though on running it on Lighttpd.

The thing is, I'm very concerned about leaving holes or bad security settings since it is Lighttpd + PHP and I can't find anything about security related. I found a few tutorials but I don't want to leave a big hole on my little server.

I only know (atm) that I should use chroot but that's all)

=== /CYB/ News:
bbc.com/news/business-39269437
>Are we about to see giant digital ads as featured in the 1982 sci-fi classic Blade Runner?

This seems pretty cool.

>hey dudes, have you seen the new thing?
>look at my waifu!! am i kawiieeee yet :)))) that remidns me of this one time i watched anime and...
>dude we're talking about the new thing, not anime
>ANIME WEBSITE!!! REEEEEEEE!

90% of the time this is the situation when somone asks you to stop talking about anime.

> Be me
> Get into cyber security
> Get job in financial cyber security
> 90% of my job is writing policies and doing paperwork and mapping audit standards to controls (i.e., more paperwork)

FUUUUUUUUUUU

Saved from page 9.

>90% of my job is writing policies and doing paperwork

Isn't that 90% of every white collar job?

Yes, but I thought this would be different. China! Russia! Hackers! Defending critical infrastructure from cutting-edge security threats!

Nah, I need to develop a mission statement in a charter for an ISMS where I develop a performance measurement methodology to determine compliance with the ISMS roadmap to our long-term plan and define stakeholders so that we can establish mitigation plants for residual risks determined in the risk assessment process based on defined scope and applicability statement, then ensure that the infosec program follows a plan-check-do-act cycle and is communicated with staff as a part of our security awareness program that also involves distributing annually-checked security policies that include a communications and social media policy governing communication of appropriately-classified information to third parties and considers approved encryption technologies that are implemented according to a documented information handling process on which employees are tested via random internal audit processes.

Big thanks.

Following up from an earlier thread that fell off page 10 while I wasn't looking:

>If you don't mind, what's your job?
I am a patent attorney. A lot of people in this profession write articles, blog and twitter, and in my firm I have this duty. So while I commute to work I make a not of interesting news that we tweet about from an intellectual priperty rights (IPR) point of view.

I also keep a second set of news that I use to contribute here, just to show how cyb the world has become while hardly anyone noticed.

>Also, although I will check bbc more often, I will be more interesting in "on live" or "recent" events. Do you have somethong or some tips?

"BBC Future" and even more "BBC Future Now" are full of gems. Science and Nature also have interesting things but are far more dry in the presentation.

Wired used to be good but has declined. Boingboing is better. Google news search can also be useful.

This is secretly a shilling thread and you guys can't see it.

I don't really care about the IRC channel but is it really necessary to advertise it in the OP when the """discussion""" there 99% of the time is pic related?

>wex is in this chan and lainchan

I wish that faggot would die already.

Come on now; that's not nice. ;^)

same tbhqfhfam

oh shit i remember that, i joined that channel with hopes of finding something interesting but is filled with Discord circle jerking chat

that's why you gotta come to #Sup Forumssec

oh wow we have off topic conversations when no ctf is being run

started watching the first episode of the anime, to say the least, the first 5 minutes were purely shit, what the fuck was going on other than the girl khs, lain going to school and back, and the retarded transitions?

It is not the easiest anime to understand and even the makers were exhausted:

>NieA_7 is based on a doujinshi by graphic designer Yoshitoshi ABe and published by Kadokawa Shoten. Much of NieA_7's staff was made up of people who had worked on Serial Experiments Lain (director Takuya Sato was the storyboard artist for Lain, Yoshitoshi ABe was the character designer for Lain, etc.); it is commonly supposed that they chose to do this light-hearted series to cool off[1] after the dark and psychologically intense Serial Experiments Lain. This idea is further supported by the character Chiaki, a UFO fanatic who shares a name with Chiaki J. Konaka, the script writer for Lain.

If you want to try some stealth-/cyb/ I would recommend Yokohama Kaidashi Kikou.

Also: please keep thread alive.

OP here. I don't think it makes sense to remove it. You can't control the quality of content in a thread any more than you can in the IRC. It is what we make of it.

Mods and admins of the channel are in that screenshot. Quality control isn't intended there and with self control down to a minimum the topic only lives in the channel motd.
These threads are more of less orderly otherwise.

I've never found a follow-up, how did the NHS handle the WannaCry ransomware attack? Did they just restore their computers via backup or what?

>HS handle the WannaCry ransomware attack? Did they just restore their computers via backup or what?
I'm curious myself.

I'm sure they had images.

That's an interesting job. I researched and I think I'm going pic related news. Any more suggestion?

Also, bumpo for this

you are going to repent for saying that

>projecting this hard on an Ethiopian cave drawing forum

Why does 2ch look like an imageboard with no images now?
It used to look like one of the few remnants of web 1.0

>real namefags in the cap alone

Shit

Why not have #Sup Forumssec on the oftc network? Rizon and freenode aren't exactly tor or i2p friendly.

Because the rest of Sup Forums-related channels are in Rizon, and afaik most VPNs aren't banned.

hey guis!

how do i haxxor a computah??? i want to be a 30 neckbeard fat cunt that does nothing for a living and pretend i can hack but really cant just like you faggots??

>Anime
Hi.
Go to hell.

install gentoo

What's a good torrent for the terminal/non-gui?

>That's an interesting job.
Yup, pretty good, also good if you have been a researcher 8like I used to be). I plan an AMA soon.

>I researched and I think I'm going pic related news. Any more suggestion?
There are some zines (old!) but I don't have a list.- Will be in the FAQ I am working on though.

stop using pastebin.com you shitter
it makes your thread look like a winbabby rainmeter-fashioned version of cyberpunk than anything

This. We're supposed to be more than just roleplayers.

What is your backup solution /cyb/ ?

Are bluray discs worth it ? I'm planning to save everything I find interesting, since content that I like just disappeared.

>since content that I like just disappeared.
what was it

Well m8os we're on page 6 talking about nothing. Lets bump this.

Pop xss here with todays date to prove l33tness

vanityfair.com/search?q=

Instead of pm/emailing syntax just use a different vector to show you aren't just copy pasting.

I will start

%27%0A%27-alert(%2704-06-17%27)//

Very cool.

ayy lmao

thats a pretty long sentence

wat

That's a long sentence that I would never be able to write so I think you'll be okay

How do I get a job in cyber security?

first you have to know what the fuck you're doing
then you apply for the job
first step is optional

+

sadly this

more like considering op

And next you have to spend every single waking hour keeping abreast with the latest in the on going flood of development. No rest.

=== /CYB/ News
bbc.com/news/business-36387734
>How happy chatbots could become our new best friends
but also
>How do we stop intelligent machines from taking over the world and enslaving us all?

Choices, choices.

kek

it doesnt make sense

>stop using pastebin.com
Why?

We ask people to look up information and pastebin has a search engine (not the best, but still).

WannaCry would constantly try and connect to a domain, and if it could then it shut down, for testing in a sandbox environment as a failsafe.

The guy who found out shut the whole thing down essentially almost on accident when he was reverse engineering it. The guy had to move houses because the media was harassing him to put him on their primetime story about savior hackerman.

>The guy had to move houses because the media was harassing him to put him on their primetime story about savior hackerman

lmao what?

>stop using pastebin.com you shitter
Trust me. I'd rather not, but there are no real alternatives. I don't know how this is possible, but Notepad still doesn't exist on the internet in 2017. I would use Teknik, but it doesn't let you edit. I could host them all on cyberpunked.org, but then that defeats the purpose of a 'backup' site.

Instead of being an ass about it why don't you make an actual recommendation?

What did user mean with this?

bluray is pretty good for long term storage on the cheap. make sure you have something offsite to put those discs in.

VHS

IS GARBAGE

What are some good tools for wireless network forensics/packet captures? Network taps and wireshark?

>Anime
Go to hell.

Muh weebsite

>bluray is pretty good for long term storage on the cheap.
Is this verified yet? And what time scale are you thinking of?

Reliable long time storage is normally considered a hard problem with so far expensive solutions.

>make sure you have something offsite to put those discs in.
Very much yes.

Retard here, why does the pastebin say not to torrent over a VPN?

>make sure you have something offsite to put those discs in.
sorry i don't understand (not my first language), you mean another drive ?

Let's All Love Lain!

Someone post some handy leaflets for us brits when May takes our internet liberties away.

Seconded. I've been meaning to prepare for a while now.

you need some place to store the finished Blu-ray discs. a safe deposit box is a good place.

>Anime
Go to hell.

OK, anons, do you think your jobs wil last or will you instead be put to pastures by the robot overlords?
bbc.com/news/technology-34066941

You seem upset, user. Please mellow over this one: youtu.be/guYu_Dmnc78

>PHP
W-why?

PHP = Pretty Hard to Protect. unless you are into making honey pots or run sweepstakes to see how fast it will be penetrated you might consider alternative platforms.

Plone seems pretty good, and I see three letter agencies prefer it.

Page 8!?

Until the steam pressure picks up, have a steam punk short: youtu.be/z6Kr8kh3FdE

Did you write it in one breathe

LTO data carts

Fiddler though proprietary is very good for HTTP traffic analysis. I used it multiple times to write crawlers for specific websites that might use forms.

SocketSniff to check out network connections for specific applications on Windows.