Are these guys shit?

are these guys shit?

for domains?

for hosting?

for virtual servers?

I'm trying to launch my first independent website

they are shit for everything. They just bribe Google to be promoted in search links

who do you recommend instead? please help

Porkbun for domains.
box.cock.li or flokinet for hosting.

They're shit and half their site is ads when all you want to do is maintain your domains.

Also they supported SOPA and PIPA.

Just run your own server. Hopefully your ISP allows that and doesn't terminate your service. You might want to read the terms of service.

too late

daddy Trump is in office, internet is kill

Namecheap

name is GOAT for domains, hosting depends on too many factors to say

namecheap*

They'll sell your data to ICANN. Use with caution.

For domains? Namecheap. Unquestionably Namecheap.

GoDaddy is king shit. They lobbied in support of SOPA and PIPA.

seconding.

namecheap is the most privacy respecting yet non-"blackhat" registrar.
OVH is good for hosting.

AWS because it just works :^)

Very few residential ISPs allow, technically, any kind of server. How strongly they enforce that is another question. At any rate, using a home connection for any kind of service not intended to be at least semi-private is probably a bad idea.

ICANN owns everything now so that's sort of a moot point.

This has to be b8.

online.net dedi

No - they forbid you to use their IP to host a server.

What you need to do is use a VPS front end and forward the traffic on.

thirding namecheap.

also, I work at GD. AMA

They are shit in the sense that they will ditch you if you get them DMCA complaints or similar shit, otherwise they are good, at least they don't seize your domain.

Namecheap to buy a domain
Digital Ocean or AWS to get a $5 linux terminal
Cloudflare for the dns thingy, caching and SSL.

They are shit.
Some 'anonymous' source falsely complained I was selling controlled substances without a prescription, so they literally stole my domains from me. They claimed they did an 'investigation' but if they had they would have known the allegations were totally false.I got all but one of my domains back after they were attempted to be resold, by sniping them on namecheap or some other service like that.
So there was no process to see if the allegation were true at all, just up and stole my domains from me...
TOTAL DOUCHEBAGS!!!!

When you select that option to "Hide your registratoin details" (domain-by-proxy or whatever), how user are you really?
Do they sell this data?

yes they do, see previous post...

>current year
>go daddy