Is the Surface Book the best "laptop" on the market?

Is the Surface Book the best "laptop" on the market?

is a machine still premium if it runs Windows?

Yes

no. get a MBP or fuck off.

>0.5mm keytravel
Yeah no thanks

It's not even better than macbook air

how

Hey my negritos, I'm not from this board but I figure from your sticky that I shouldn't start a thread abut this, so I'll post here for now.

I'm in the market for a laptop myself but the more I look into it, the more confused I am. After reading a bunch of reviews I was gonna go with the Dell XPS 15, but I wanted to look at it first. When I went to a physical store (Best Buy) the guy tried to sell me on the HP Spectre instead. It was in my top 3 contenders, so now I'm as confused as ever.

I have narrowed it down to the following:
Dell XPS
Dell Inspiron
HP Spectre

No Macbook because I need a computer that runs Windows for certain specialized translation software and whatnot.

Also, can you not customize laptops like you used to be able to? I'd like to increase the RAM to 32GB but none of the companies I looked at seem to offer that as an option. I also don't give a fuck about a touch screen or any of those gimmicky 2-in-1 type of options, but you can't seem to be able to remove them, which is retarded. I just want to buy a good laptop that'll last me for the next 5 years.

the microsoft surface laptop would be great (now that you can install 10 Pro for free), but the fabric around the keyboard is awful

For the record, I know that you can get 32GB of RAM on the XPS15 but you have to pay an insane amount of money and take a bunch of retarded options.

>5 years
christ, I upgrade at least every 2.5
better to buy a cheaper laptop and upgrade sooner than to run "top-tier" hardware well past its time

>fabric around the keyboard is awful
Nigga the fucking thing isn't even out yet, stop making unsubstantiated premature claims

It uses the same Alcantera material as those premium surface type covers. How is his claim unsubstantiated.

I don't really like the idea of producing electronic waste or waste in general, so I try to buy shit that'll last me longer and use it until I absolutely have to change. For example, I'm typing this on a mid-2009 macbook pro, which was the first laptop I ever bought. I paid 2000$ for it at the time and it has served me well. It's quite slow now but I probably could get another year out of it, if it wasn't for the specialized software I need for my job.

its brilliant, it will make you buy a new one every few months.

Yea touchscreen laptops suck. I didn't think they even made them anymore?

What are you going to use it for? Why do you think you need so much RAM?

I would avoid both of those and go with an elite-book or latitude. The build quality is much better.

My brother had one and within a year the battery bubbled up and popped the screen..

1. No it uses a newer, more resistant iteration of Alcantara
2. Even last gen Alcantara didn't get grimy unless you literally were being a complete fucking slob

>being a disgusting Asian
11/10

Thanks, I'll look into it. The Latitude is too expensive for me, but the EliteBook might be an option. This is getting dizzying. The more I look into it, the deeper the rabbit hole goes.

Touch screens are all the rage according to my research. Seems to me like a completely autistic and unnecessary feature.

As far as RAM goes, I sometimes have to do video editing and use Photoshop for my job. I've been doing it on company computers but it would be nice to be able to run those programs on my laptop. I assume these programs are only gonna use more and more RAM as time progresses.

>extra features is bad

The point is that I don't want to pay for features that I'm never gonna use. I would assume a laptop without a touchscreen would be cheaper than one with a touchscreen.

You assumed wrong.

srsly, how much do you microshit/fapple shills get paid? I'm curious

They do it for free

Really? I bought an x220t at launch and I still use it. I can't leave this keyboard. Then again I do most work on my desktop.

>that mouse design
what the fuck is that shit

That mouse has been around for years. Pretty comfy.

Dell XPS 13 DE, HP Spectre, Lenovo X1, MBPR. Pick the one that suits your needs.

Really want to get a maxed out one soon (or nearly maxed out) but I'm afraid there will be an update right after I buy.

It's perfect for what I do (industrial designer). Also that new pen is supposed to have something like 20ms latency, can't wait for that shit.

The fabric around the keyboard is comfy as fuck. Tried one out at the mall the other day, I want that fabric on everything.

II guess it's one of the mouses you fold down to make it flat like a board.

but you can literally go to a Microsoft store and mess around with the laptops all you want

not who you replied to though, I like the alcantera

>fabric around the keyboard

>fabric
>keyboard

they just can't stop fucking up can they?

Maybe you should try it before you judge it. It feels nicer than bare metal.

Are you a gamer manchild?
You can run 10 year old core 2 duo hardware and it won't feel any different from a modern computer so long as both systems have an SSD.

how is the screen and Windows font rendering on it?
I'm willing to bet my ass that it still looks worse than a retina MBP 15".

I don't want to get eye cancer

HP Spectre x360 15" (2017)

This laptop was created entirely to compete with the Macbooks because so many students have them. It's basically a clone laptop.

Macbooks have some of the best SSDs and trackpads and the retina displays are top of the industry. The CPU is better on the surface but I imagine you won't be gaymin on your cheaper range laptop anyway.

Probably also this

Yes, it "really" is the "best" "laptop" on the "market"

Jesus that is disgusting. What was MS thinking?
No matter, I'll continue to use my all aluminum laptop that doesn't collect wrist feces

Your arguments are solid but I'm not convinced.