Hej Sup Forums, jag lär svenska

hej Sup Forums, jag lär svenska.

I don't know how many of you are still with me, but I am still enjoying Swedish.

If enough of you have given up, I can start a language learning general rather than these daily Swedish threads. I understand that something like a new Sup Forums lingua franca is a bit ambitious. It is nice learning with a bunch of other people though.

Anyway, if you are still with me, this thread is for discussion in/about the Swedish language. Fluent speakers, correct learners, answer questions, learners, ask questions and practice Swedish.

Share your favorite learning tools.

I'll start it off with a question, what kind of Swedish music do you listen to, if any?

All I can find is old as fuck music or heavy metal, and neither is my favorite kind of music. I'm looking for some alternative rock type of music.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=JqO5ZPuPxTc
youtube.com/watch?v=HZ4rcpktB30
youtube.com/watch?v=VjZwz3yxS9I
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sj-sound
en.wiktionary.org/wiki/kanske
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reflexive_verb)
youtube.com/watch?v=ujXB-lli20E
youtube.com/watch?v=kbXvPs5ql68
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_English-speaking_population
youtube.com/watch?v=g0qqB2hTlUU
youtube.com/watch?v=ugsJ_-hGD50
youtube.com/watch?v=YPXAwdKJPwQ
youtube.com/watch?v=h-_UQVsoLQQ
youtube.com/watch?v=4UxMpjjCsI4
youtube.com/watch?v=URbjo_9ABfs
youtube.com/watch?v=mo3cd1Rjsz4
youtube.com/watch?v=QP-8_yyd_rc
youtube.com/watch?v=ok0kp66ZYtA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Also, if you're a learner waiting for a thread to open, feel free to open one of your own. I'm a busy man.

b-bump

bump

I don't listen to a lot of swedish music unfortunately, but I discovered this song recently and it's pretty gud.

youtube.com/watch?v=JqO5ZPuPxTc

So far I have found Vapnet, which doesn't sound bad. In case you were interested.

Cool. I'm listening to them right now. Not bad!

Singing along to Swedish hip hop is pretty good practice desu

youtube.com/watch?v=HZ4rcpktB30

I do like this so far.

Though the chorus sounds kind of weird

lol nice.

>jag lär svenska.

Should be "Jag lär mig svenska" (I'm learning Swedish) or "Jag lär ut svenska" (I'm teaching Swedish).

If you like Vapnet, Check out Laakso, Hästpojken and Kristian Anttila

Feel free to ask a native speaker anything.

It would be great if you could create a Skype group for learning purposes.

That makes sense, that translates directlz to something like "I learn myself swedish" right?

Thanks for the advice.

Also thanks for the music suggestions, I was hoping to get some native Swedes in here to point me in the right direction.

'sk' followed by a vowel makes a "hw" sound, right?

>learning swedish voluntarily

What have you guys been using to learn Swedish? Has anyone tried the Duolingo Course?

>being forced to learn swedish

Yeah, I'll get on that. I just finished up my duolingo shit for the day. I wanted to make sure people were still on board before I went to far into it.

Far better than some mongol meme language like Finnish.

The duolingo courses are alright, the biggest problem I've run into is they don't really explain any grammar, it's basically all vocab, and vocab being used in example sentences, which might let you sort of absorb the grammar eventually, but I feel duolingo needs to be suplemented with other things.

Memrise, Duolingo and sverigetråden

Swedish is pretty easy desu, even more so than English. Here's my favorite song in Swedish:

youtube.com/watch?v=VjZwz3yxS9I

You can do it OP!

hej på dej!

>Swedish is pretty easy desu
It really is. Honestly it might be the easiest language to learn as a native English speaker, or for anyone who speaks a Germanic language really. Pronunciation is difficult but other than that it's pretty straight forward.

Duolingo is good to start, and they do explain some grammar, in the comments though.

I'm also part of a facebook group where a Swede teacher gives us some grammar and vocabulary notes. Also some website or movies recommendations.

Nice, be sure to share any movies you like here.

Thanks for the encouragement finnbro.

hej,

Exactly, "mig"/"mej"(informal) means me or myself.

Could you give me some examples?

The word "Skola" (school) is pronounced /skuːla/
"skita" (to shit) is pronounced "skeytah"
"Skuta" (schooner) is pronounced "skjutah"

off the top of my head: skiner, kanske

I haven't seen any yet (I'm far from capable of understanding anything but maybe a few loose words) but we've been recommended Ingmar Bergman's movies, you may have heard of "Fanny och Alexander", and there's also "Bildmakarna" which looks interesting too. Then the Millenium movies, Låt den rätte komma in and I can't think of any others right now.

Not in Swedish, but in Danish in case someone could be interested, "Jagten" by Thomas Vinterberg

How come sometimes you're supposed to use "mig" and other times you use "jag", both meaning "me". "Jag" means "I" but it's often used in place of "mig" I've noticed...

For example: "Please help me" would be "snälla hjälp mig" but "me in the picture" would be "Jag på bilden".

"Skiner" (shines) is pronounced like /ˈɧiːˌner/ (Knowing some basic IPA really helps here). The "ɧ" is known as the sj-sound and is one of the trickiest parts of the Swedish language, you'll find an exaple of the sound here: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sj-sound

"Kanske" (maybe/perhaps) again kontains the tricky sj-sound, but I found a nice soud clip of it here:
en.wiktionary.org/wiki/kanske

Cute thread

Bump

It depends on if the verb is reflexive (en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reflexive_verb) or not.

Note that some verbs have special senses when used reflexively. For example, do not confuse "jag lär mig att..." ("I learn to...") [reflexive] with "du lär mig att..." ("you teach me to...") and "jag lär mig själv att..." ("I teach myself to..."). Here, "lär" means teach(es) if it is not reflexive, but learn(s) if it is reflexive. Hence the need for the separate pronoun "mig själv" to be used when object and subject agree, but the verb nevertheless should not be used in the reflexive case.

Pretty similar to Spanish then. Awesome

Yeah, that's how i remember it from my (very) basic Spanish-class in high school.

That makes me so happy, I'm learning Swedish from English, because it's obviously easier, because of roots and vocabulary and all, but when I see that Spanish becomes useful I feel so delighted

Allan Edwall had a wonderful voice
youtube.com/watch?v=ujXB-lli20E

Cuck cuck feminism plz save rapeugees from harm cuck my wife please and make me proud to not be proud Sweden yes!

Am I learning well?

It will be a dead language in a few years just learn Arabic.

Even if it does not die out then it will he spoken by a minority located in a third world country.

whats the opposite of national pride? your country arn't an example of not havin large numbers of muslims.

>Says the samefagging brit
Nice try Apu

Jag tycker om svenska but I'm learning pretty slowly

Jag tycker om svenska men jag lär mig ganska långsamt

Tack så mycket!

You know, you Swedes are pretty nice. I haven't seen any of you much outside of these generals but you guys seem really helpful and polite

Swedes are very nice. I spent 3 months in Sweden and I felt at home within the first week tb h

youtube.com/watch?v=kbXvPs5ql68

I really recommdent Kent if you want to listen to some Swedish music. Pretty clear sounding vocals and a great band.

hej jag heter homo peter :DDDDD

Hinga dinga durgen

Leif Erkisson was Icelandic you fucking dingus

why would anyone learn swedish literally everyone in scandinavia speaks english

الدَّيُّوْث كما ورد في «الصحاح في اللغة» هو «القُنْذُعُ، وهو الذي لا غَيرةَ له».[1] وبالمعنى العصري هو الزوج الذي تمارس زوجته الجنس مع رجل آخر - أو مع عدة رجال أو مع امرأة أو مع عدة نساء أو مع مجموعة مختلطة من الجنسين - سواء بعلمه أو بدون علمه، وفى الغالب يكون الديوث موضع سخرية واستهزاء من المجتمع

>why would anyone learn ???????? literally everyone in ????? speaks english

Typical ignorant Anglo

no really though according to en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_English-speaking_population they have more english speakers than canada

My favorite Swedish word I've learned so far is sköldpadda. That's so fun to say.

Nej! Du äter min sköldpadda!

finland BTFO

That's very true but learning a language can be fun, some people do it to get bitches and besides once you learn Swedish all those northern languages become easier to learn so it's not completely useless if you are going for "most efficient use of my time" route.

Du kan vara min sköldpadda :3

My favourite Swedish group only makes instrumental songs

youtube.com/watch?v=g0qqB2hTlUU

Have random songs:

youtube.com/watch?v=ugsJ_-hGD50
youtube.com/watch?v=YPXAwdKJPwQ
youtube.com/watch?v=h-_UQVsoLQQ
youtube.com/watch?v=4UxMpjjCsI4
youtube.com/watch?v=URbjo_9ABfs

Sabaton has an album in Swedish:
youtube.com/watch?v=mo3cd1Rjsz4

Songs that were in the contest to choose what to send to Eurovision

youtube.com/watch?v=QP-8_yyd_rc
youtube.com/watch?v=ok0kp66ZYtA

Dunno if there were more in Swedish, I didn't follow the program

sk can also be pronounced "sh". So as the former example "Skita" can be said like "Shita". It's a northern/dalsland thing but if it's easier for you sure do it.