White House approves social media checks for visa applicants: report

>The Trump administration has unveiled a new questionnaire for U.S. visa applicants that asks for social media handles from the last five years, Reuters reported Thursday.

That's it. They officially stopped legal immigration with this bullshit.

WHAT IF I DON'T HAVE SOCIAL MEDIA ACCOUNTS?

WHAT IF I USE LINUX?

thehill.com/homenews/administration/336042-white-house-approves-social-media-checks-for-visa-applicants-report

how are social media accounts and using linux related ?

People on Linux are usually more aware about spying scripts, cookies etc.

As for linux itself I heard that if security on airport/police in the US sees that you use Linux instead of Windows they can send you back to Europe.

My guess is that it has something to do with disk encryption if you use it.

Man i love trump
He is really making america great
He is the best president

If you don't like Trump then don't come to the U.S., faggot.

(i'm not even from the u.s. tee hee)

I do like him a lot but what if the guy in the office is a Democrat and will reject me for my past Tweets?

Then don't come to US, Pajeet.

Only thing that's missing are government provided social media accounts. They will push this shit to the point that newborns will be assigned a facebook account at the moment of their birth, possibly with matching RFID implant.
But then again, what's the point of migrating to USA these days? Education elsewhere is on pair with US or even better, there aren't any issues with getting a job either. Most of scientific research happens in Europe, there is CERN, ESA, ITER - basically all major engineering and scientific experiments. China also has a lot to offer in those fields, world's fastest supercomputer, largest radio telescope.
And with globalization, you can basically enjoy US culture all over the world. Want to get a burger at McDonald's? No problem, every major city has few of those restaurants. Want to become a hipster and buy a Mac? There is an apple store just around the corner. Only reason to go to US would be nature, there are some nice places there. But other than that is there anything worth migrating to USA for? Have I missed anything significant?

If you've got nothing to hide, you've got nothing to worry about. If you're not a kiddy-fiddler like Podesta, a muslim terrorist like Bin Laden or a traitor that sells state secrets like Snowden, you literally don't ever need privacy. Privacy is just a convenience excuse used by criminals and enemies of the state.

Crypto backdoors when?

If that goes both way and the government has no privacy or internals towards its citizens and we can go check how they check us any time, sure?

So where can I go rummage around in NSA's databases?

>Privacy is just a convenience excuse used by criminals and enemies of the state.
Yeah but what if the State turns evil one day?
Erdogan murdered all opposition after the failed cue.

How about I get some insight into Donald Trump's tax returns and ongoing accounting (also whatever is handled by his company's lawyers and accountants at any level)?

I'll also need to know who he is talking to about what at any time, so please put a mic and camera on him at all times. Since he isn't a criminal, this is okay, right?

Honestly, this argument is retarded unless it applies to everyone.

That is fucking stupid. Its making a social media account a form of legally binding identity. Like what the hell?

>muh tax returns
Your tears are delicious, Shariablue shill

>Its making a social media account a form of legally binding identity.

Yup, and this is my official facebook profile photo. I'm sure NSA really enjoys reading through my 100% real profile.

>Implying the president of United States of America and (you) should have same privacy policy

Are you retarded?

Who gives a shit besides criminals? And this includes individuals trying to break the law by fraud and deception. Someone trying to enter the country under false pretenses, such as a security researcher that is receiving compensation for a conference or a presentation needs a work visa. These types of criminals don't want the government in their email and social media, because it is highly compromising to their cover story. It's easy to claim you are entering the country for vacation, then overstay and get job. It's more difficult to do this when your friends and family are posting on your FB page how much they will miss you.
If we want an honest discussion about social media, let's talk about Germany and the censorship of ideas on the internet. They will lock you up for critical thinking, where the US only won't let you in the country because you are trying to defraud or break the immigration laws.

You do realize someone like that wouldn't have social media in the first place, right?

Or that some people simply don't like or use it at all for various reasons.

There is no law requiring a Facebook account to enter into the US.

>where the US only
>only
Ah yes. It starts of as "only", before new legislations comes that are more invasive and intrusive to privacy.

>If you've got nothing to hide, you've got nothing to worry about.
I hate this argument

Slippery slope fallacies do not win hypothetical situations. Might as well argue "what about the children? You shouldn't be allowed encryption. Because reasons."

This

I love trump for his foreign policies
Who is with me?
Make amrica white again!!
One last thing to do is kick out niggers who fuck our white wives!and we will be the greatest ruling the world :*
We show our dicks to uk !!f u eu

But not everyone is trying to cross an international border, user.

So how does this apply to people who don't use social media?

>>If you've got nothing to hide, you've got nothing to worry about
By that logic you could have security cameras installed in your home watching your every move because hey, got nothing to hide right? ;^)

I've never thought I would say that, but every time this idiot does something I'm glad I live in germany.

Enjoy your data caps, declining economy police state with Beijing-tier smog in your cities

It would obviously not apply. But lying on an immigration form is a federal offense, and you could be banned from entry for life, possibly.

He's a person of public interest and an employee, so yea.

He should expect LESS privacy and MORE scrutiny in that direction than us the other way around.

Same for every government entity and employee.

Should all government employees should have no privacy?

>Make amrica white again!!
He is effectively banning people from Eastern Europe as well you moron.

Yeah Enjoy your mudslime refugees and terrorists, you German 'cuck'.

and you enjoy your women favoring mohammed over you
hahaha

WHY WOULD YOU BE WORRIED IF YOU HAVE NOTHING TO HIDE?

On a side note, has the Great White Hope released his taxes yet?

Certainly less than any citizen, yes. At least if the system is "nothing to hide, total transparency".

So saying you don't have a social media account when you do right?

>I'm glad I live in germany
Enjoy your jail for illegal right-wing hatespeech on facebook

Alright Ahmed

About fucking time.

Also, ban laptops on planes.

At least we can bitch about it on the internet without Stasi showing up to arrest us.

>It would obviously not apply
I'm sure they will push you to the end of the line and process applicants who are willing to cooperate. Enjoy waiting another 7 years for US visa.

>I've never thought I would say that, but every time this idiot does something I'm glad I live in germany.
Sup Mohammed!

Europe's a dead continent.

>Also, ban laptops on planes.
Burgers already did that.

That would be lying on a immigration form, yes. It's a crime ya know?

>Sir you've left the furaffinity section of social media handles blank. Care to explain?

According to Sup Forums nothing is wrong with my country besides Sup Forums memes
I know they fucked there, no excuses. But anyone who shitposts on Facebook deserves it desu

Also they made some really shit laws regarding online streaming, like wth were they thinking

>government doesn't know about stenography
kek

>Burgers already did that.
Not on all flights. Just from some Arab shitholes for now. But it will expand to EU shithole as well.

>Europe's a dead continent.
Europe is not a continent, Eurasia is.

Hypotheticals do not interest me. If you have a valid, legal reasons for entry, they will let you in.

>Europe is not a continent
LMAO. OK kid. Whatever makes you less depressed.

>If you have a valid, legal reasons for entry, they will let you in.
I want to make America Great Again!
Also, I'm a programmer.

>Trumpfags will defend this

Sure Chaim and Pluto's not a planet. I know all your kikeish tricks you see.

Yeah just checking I had it right.

Never really thought I'd see the day where social media became a requirement

He is right though. Europe is a region in Eurasia.

Yea, in past times Europe insisted it was a continent on it own that suddenly ends at the Urals or whatever, but that makes basically no sense with the consistency of the definition of the other continents.

It's a region on a continent.

>Being proud of being cucked

Eurasia is a landmass. Europe stops at the urals.

because its right :^)

>A few days ago Trumpfags defended covfefe

Hell yeah they will

But it's not a requirement, user.

Stay mad Mohammed. Also, Germany's fucked.

Jesus Christ it's like you trigger a bot with the word germany

Nobody tries to debunk my claims about america going down the shitter soon? Is that all you guys can talk about?

You know what a fucking peninsula is?
Why is US education so poor?

>meme
You let in these people, this is real life man.

For now, the first step is including it in the questions to get a VISA.

But I have to say the same question is present in the ESTA application and I didn't get any issues by leaving it empty.

>makes basically no sense with the consistency of the definition of the other continents.
america vs north and south america ?

there are like 6 or something different opinions what's a continent and what not. and they range from 4 to 7 continents

yeah, it's retarded, but the only thing that's consistent between them are antartica and australia

That's extreeme vetting.
NSA wants login and password to your social accounts just so that they can pretend to be you and get information from your friends.

sweden is with you bro

actually planned to visit the states this year but I'm not too fond of turning over my phones and shit just to enter

fuck dat

Is that some foreigners ergo doomed logic? Basically never worked for shit.

The place where foreigners go as anything else than a formed, armed army are usually the nice places and will usually turn out to be even more economically powerful with them than without.

You mean Eurabia

Maybe meme was the wrong word

This is true yes, I live in a rather poor area, I experience this shit every single day through my own eyes

But every time my country is mentioned, the discussion moves away from technology to pol shitposting without any real arguments from either sides

RIP Europe, RIP Germany. Stay mad. KYS and speed up the process.

As if they don't legally have that power anyway. Totally plausable.

America will be great again with Trump and Germany and muh EU will be a fucking shithole with Merkel and Jewker.

Mark Zuckerberg is gonna be running for president so it's only a matter of time until Facebook is a mandatory form of ID

You can make an argument for a combined America and hence a combined Afro-Eurasia with one method of defining continents, yes.

But you can't really rationally define a separate Europe and Asia when everything else is a coherent land mass. It's utterly retarded.

And Europe stops at the Pyrenees as well.

>Beyond the Pyrenees begins Africa. Once that natural barrier is crossed, the Mediterranean racial type in all its purity confronts us. The human phenomena is entirely parallel with the sudden transition to the flora and fauna of the south. The Iberian population thus isolated from the rest of Europe, are allied in all important anthropological respects with the peoples inhabiting Africa north of the Sahara, from the Red Sea to the Atlantic.

Spaniards are literally niggers.

I want to lick their feet

You must be too stupid to delete compromising information. We don't need any more lefties anyway.

Facebook will be national Id card(OR account) of USA

>I'm willing to bend over and take in the ass because big brother tells me to

not even a leftie but thanks anyway

Then please explain how exactly he will do it.

I know germany is doomed beyond saving but I don't see how Trump would change that. If you're lucky he does everything wrong in the other extreme direction opposed to doing everything wrong in the left direction

POO

If you agree with said argument you can provide us with your usenames and passwords for all social media accounts, bank accounts and emails. We will also install microphones and cameras in your home including one in the bathroom and make video streams publicly available. Since you have nothing to hide, when can we install all the required equipment in your home? How's this Sunday? Also be sure to post all of your internet history and full data images of your hard drives and flash memory devices.
This shouldn't be a problem since you have nothing to hide. Go on post your data, we are waiting.

If you don't want to follow the law, stay at home.

>Error: Our system thinks your post is spam. Please reformat and try again.
What?

They_won't_waste_resources_on_hacking_accounts_of_everyone_trying_to_get_it.
Also,_they_can't_possibly_know_that_a_random_person_is_a_terrorist._Thanks_to_that_program_they_will_make_a_list_of_people_fucked_by_them_for_life._

Ironically_they_want_you_to_give_away_your_freedom_in_oder_to_enter_the_USA.
Really_makes_you_think.

that's what I said in my initial post. thanks for playing

Are you a immigration officer, or law enforcement? No? Then fuck off, your "argument" does not apply

>without any real arguments
Some people, with too much exposure to echo chambers, have their thoughts replaced by memes. They can think only in cliches. SJW and the unthinking elements of Sup Forums are two sides of this coin.

You can see it for yourself, usually a Sup Forums poster obviously has at least a sliver of self-awareness, but sometimes you get a guy who is regurgitating his latest talking point with just a little bit too much zeal. You can sense that something has snapped in there, his capacity for reflection is gone. If circumstances were different he'd be getting his emotional fix shouting you down for being a white male.

Maybe making the internet mandatory will make people push for more ISP options and net neutrality
Some good can come out of this?

But why Facebook?

You should know why 'right' is called 'right' lol

>Some good can come out of this?
Google monopoly and treating people with no internet access like subhumans.

So you do want to have privacy? I thought you have nothing to hide?

>But you can't really rationally define a separate Europe and Asia when everything else is a coherent land mass
we are just trying to separate ourselfs from the sandniggers and the shithole called russia

Why though? Why can't we get along with Russia?

Because Mark Zuckerberg will be the 46th president of United States™