The US used to be only 7th in the history of largest mass shootings, now it's 3rd

The US used to be only 7th in the history of largest mass shootings, now it's 3rd.

#1 here we come

G-d bless America

Other urls found in this thread:

ibtimes.com/iceland-plenty-guns-hardly-any-violence-1021958
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_firearm-related_death_rate
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/2014_Kunming_attack
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alphen_aan_den_Rijn_shopping_mall_shooting
hsph.harvard.edu/means-matter/means-matter/risk/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

We just need to arm everyone in nightclubs to prevent this

Yeah just look at what happens in places where guns aren't allowed. Gee that works out so well for those people, doesn't it?

Whatever, if they feel that safe because of gun-free zones, I hope the death was quick and painless so they didn't feel any regret.

the only reason gun free zones don't work is because they're surrounded by gun zones
if you made the whole country a gun free zone and built a wall it'd work better

>gun zones
Most of the country is a gun zone

yes that's my point

you're both retarded
the point of gun free zones is to keep minor disputes from escalating into a gun fight

Why are Americans so stupid? all they need is a concealed carry license and they're completely safe

#banassaultmuslims

I agree we should en act fool proof gun bans like in France and Germany.

>hundreds of people shooting in a loud dark nightclub
I mean what could possibly go wrong?

>it's another gungrabber shitflinging thread

>The US used to be only 7th in the history of largest mass shootings, now it's 3rd.
Are you talking about the world or only about the western part?

probably the world

If guns are banned they're not doing a great job.

>if we can't stop 100% we shouldn't stop any

why do people always ignore switzerland
they give people FREE FUCKING GUNS
jaysus
but banning guns stops fuckall

>but banning guns stops fuckall
lmbo
>implying whatever kid shoots up next weeks school will get their gun through a black market and not from their parent's drawer

God bless

I say: stop with the gun-free zones. Americans love so much to shoot each others, they should have the right to do it everywhere.

banning guns works in every other countr
America has too big a gun culture to outright ban them though

>gun zones
I am a gun zone

>hundreds of people shooting in a loud dark nightclub
When you put it like that it sounds kind of fun.

>why do people always ignore switzerland
because its a tiny landlocked mountain indigenous nation surrounded by neighbours who kept it safe for centuries. it's not something you can use as a good comparison unless you need a fact to pick.

switzerland is the exception not the rule

what about switzerland and mexico numbnuts
mass shootings are statistically insignificant and many have been prevented by lads with guns. you just dont hear about it cos almost no one dies and muh agenda
switzerland has pretty hostile neighbours historically. and how nice your neighbours are doesnt mean shit for your crime rate what are you on about?
proofs?

Gun owners in Switzerland are conscripted military, they don't have the gun culture practiced in the US

>that feel when you're forever trapped in the gun zone

anyway mexico has strict af gun laws and look at them
>b-but theyre an exception
ok how about brazil? that central american cunt (honduras iirc)?

Nah if you lay homicide rates by european country and gun ownership rates there's no correlation

Like Switzerland, Germany, Sweden, Norway, etc have a lot of guns but a very low homicide rate.

Same with iceland where one-third own guns.

ibtimes.com/iceland-plenty-guns-hardly-any-violence-1021958

Petition to rename America "the gun zone"

once again ceo of micked outdoes himself and reaches a new level of retard
>Mexico
literally hell on earth
>Switzerland
exception to the rule

Switzerland has one of the highest rates of firearm homicides in Europe you stupid motherfucker

>While it is true that Mexico possesses strict gun laws, where most types and calibers are reserved to military and law enforcement, the acquisition and ownership of certain firearms and ammunition remains a constitutional right to all Mexican citizens and foreign legal residents
Honduras doesn't have strict laws at all that infograph was a straight-up lie. Brazil has legal guns too.

the difference between america and switzerland is america has a problem with gangs (who get their guns illegally anyway). america has a gang problem not a gun problem.
as i said before mass shootings are insignificant statistically.
see theres no correlation
heres a graph by US state also
kek

gun deaths doesnt matter. what matters is the raw homocide rate, and switzerlands is low as fuck
constitutional right means fuckall if the mexican government ignores it. ill give you honduras but brazil is fairly strict on guns (but favelaniggers have them anyway)

And who are the first and the second? Don't tell me it's Norway amongst them...

>search "giant signature" for relevant image for reply
>mfw

So if they had less guns to kill people with do you not think their overall homicide rate would be even lower?

>tfw the world is still catching up to breiviks legacy
no people would just stab each other
see england
gun violence is a buzzword used to skew statistics. if people have guns theyll use it to kill someone before a knife yes, but taking a gun away doesnt stop them from shanking you.

Norway was 1st and South Korea was 2nd, according to the newspaper

I'm not sure how they classify something as a "mass shooting", though

>people would just stab each other

Ah yes, knives, just as deadly as guns and also all situations where people were shot were never escalated by guns AH YES

breivik has the high score by a lot, and norway is a small country so its not surprising at all
having a knife escalates situations just as much as a gun dunno what youre on about
and if i stab you youre actually more likely to bleed to death because theres no bullet blocking the arteries
also fuck off with your /brit/speak

>but banning guns stops fuckall

Every thug in America has a gun. Here, even with the dindus are chimping out for days, nobody get shot.

We should go back to New Mexico in the 1870s.

>honduras doesnt have stroct gun laws

Yes it does

License required to own guns

Limit on how many guns you can own

No carrying allowed

american gang members have illegal guns which they kill each other with. banning guns wont solve this.
what happened in New Mexico during the 1870s?

The US has more knife crime than the UK you fucking idiot, each country has differing legal definitions of violent crime but the US is far worse.

what's the list? can't find one to see exactly what you mean

Who's number 1 and 2?

>but yuros, le ebin switzerland of many weapons have such a low homicide rate!
They don't kill each other not in fear of each other's arsenals, but because THEY DON'T NEED TO. Have you ever been to Switzerland, Americans? Noone there is poor, everyone has a work with absurdly high minimal wages, access to good education and lives far from any religious and political fanatism. Except from a few shady bankers, that nobody would ever touch, they're basically a few millions of jolly mountain farmers with the net worth of a manager, of course they don't shoot each other.

No it doesn't cretin.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_firearm-related_death_rate

Lower than Belgium, Italy, Netherlands and Portugual.

im not saying americas crime rate is good, what im saying is that gun laws have nothing to do with it
im from switzerland actually and i know its more peaceful than america. thats the point though, having guns doesnt automatically make you a mad max shithole.

I know you can just buy gas pistols in Germany. And you can shoot through a door with them.

Here in the Netherlands you can grt pretty much any gun but you need to be a sport shooter, hunter, trader or collector. Because carrying anything for the purpose of self-defense is illegal.

Absolute chaos my nigga. Everyone had guns and everyone shot each other.
It was also the time of Billy the Kid, wish I could have his boypucci desu

>mexico has strict af gun laws and look at them
Don't use us to "prove" ur bullshit, thx, our problems aren't that simple

>things that only happen in hollywood

>Lower than Belgium, Italy, Netherlands and Portugual.

He's probably including suicides.. Switzerland has a relatively high number of suicides, and most people use guns to do it.

Because switzerland is white.

Same with finland, high rate of gun ownership, low rate of guns used in murders. Whats the difference between finland/sweden and usa? USA tends to have more africans and hispanics and thus more gang related crime.

Illegal in theory but here gun crime is taken on a case by case basis, if you shoot someone in self defense you will be fine.

>M-Muh guns
They are supposed to stop the government from fucking you in the ass.
Have they worked? You have centuries of history to see the answer for yourself.

No, he clearly said firearm homicides.

the """"""""""""wild"""""""""" west actually had a really low crime rate compared to today
neither are gun laws. im saying again that strict gun laws dont affect crime (or the chaos that is mexico) in a country
im just trying to prove a lack of correlation
dont bring race into this pls im well aware its blacks and mexicans responsible for most violent crime but has nothing to do with the discussion at hand

>anyway mexico has strict af gun laws and look at them
Just so you know, most firearms here were purchased legally in the US.
And don't make me remind you about that little FBI trick that didn't work.

You can buy gas pistols/rifles and air pistols/rifles freely here too though. Just not replicas, you need a minor license for that because apparantly airsoft replicas are more scary and dangerous than actual airguns that will shoot you dead...

>Because carrying anything for the purpose of self-defense is illegal.

Yes... Even though if you DO carry something for self defense and use it, the judge will likely not hold it against you. You'll just get a slap on the wrist for possession/improper storage of a weapon. Our laws are retarded.
>M-muh monopoloy of violence

Just going to ignore the absurd wealth inequality?

You can shoot people in self-defence here as well, if you or someone else is threatened with deadly force.

>dont bring race into this pls

Than chalk it up to gang culture instead of race.

I'm going to kill myself before I let anyone take my guns

t. Northerner who likes guns

Of course not, only a cretin would think that. But you must admit that America is not as peaceful. You have poors, you have social problems, and God knows if you don't have political and religious fanatism. Maybe it's not such a good idea, to give muslims born and raised in your southern countries outcast from society to own assault weaponry. Your mass shooters are mostly children or fanatic manchilds, not the kind of people that would know how to get themselves heavy weapons illegaly. But hey, they don't need to, they just need to go to their local gun shop and get a load of them.

>it's another gun control episode
Just leave it you idiots. If Americans are content with their gun addled country, then so be it

If you were out to kill a bunch of people would you choose a knife or a gun? Why do mass knifings rarely involve deaths? Very dumb poster

Yeah, but many 'firearm death' stats tend to be vague about that.. Many just suicides as homicides too, because 'lol we're all homos with agendas ;DD'

Same thing lefties always say.

>it just didn't work because because the whole rest of the fucking world wasn't following our plan.

If you take out suicides gun deaths in the US drops by 1/3rd.
The remaining 75% are gang related.

In this light, the US has a similar gun violence rate as Europe, actually lower than some European countries. Even if this wasn't the case, banning guns has never dropped the murder rate, every single time guns have been banned the murder rate has either stayed the same with knife murder replacing it or in some cases causing the murder rate to increase. In all instances of guns being banned and confiscated, the general crime rate including but not limited to burglary, mugging, assault and rape has gone up. Disarming the civilian population does nothing to stop criminals from committing crimes. In most cases it just makes their job a lot easier, a 240 pound thug can shrug off pepper spray, he can't shrug off a sucking chest wound.

Peepee and poopoo haha

wasnt there this farmer that was imprisoned for 10 years for shooting a burglar in england? load of bollocks
at least norn iron has ok gun laws
which means nothing
yeah im aware of that also. which strengthens the arguement about illegal guns, criminals will be able to get them from somewhere
thats what ive been doing, read my posts
yeah america has problems with crime but to blame it on guns is silly
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/2014_Kunming_attack
more deaths than sandy hook

>one of the highest

And yes access to guns vastly increases suicide rates

>The remaining 75% are gang related.

Couldn't find exact list, but based of wikipedias list of rampage killers I'd say they're Norway and South Korea. It's likely that some of the current wounded victims will die, so it's possible USA will become #2.

>internet debates with 6 people at midnight on a phone
isnt this great fun
honestly if people want to kill themselves, let them. might sound edgy but its really a personal thing
last time i checked america has waaaaaaay more gang violence than anywhere in europe

Yeah, but what you are ignoring is demographics, most violent countries are made up of young people, USA has far more young people than those Yurobean cunts you mention, which is certainly a cataliyst for violence.

america has a large population tho so it takes more deaths to boost the standing
did not know this.
whats your stance on gun laws?

I don't care.

People own their own bodies and if they wish to end it that is their own right.

Suicide does not impact my safety nor does it impact the safety of innocent people.

Switzerland doean't have the highest gun homicislde rate by far in Western Europe so you have to move the goalposts over to gun deaths.

Libshit faggot

Yeah but it was cooler.

Here pretty much 90% of the shootings are done between drug criminals.

With the occasional suicidal cop who shoots up his family, a bank robber from abroad and one recent (2007) crazy sport shooter who shot up a mall.

>gun deaths in the US drops by 1/3rd.
>The remaining 75%
Man, that common core really fucks lil' gringuito's math, doesn't it

Twin Peaks in Waco had 170 bikers armed to the teeth from two separate biker gangs and only 9 people died in a mass shootout. I realize people were going to die, but why the fuck didn't any of these faggots attempt to rush the gunman? Did they just line up for the shooter to get shot?

Wait that was 2011. Its the only mass shooting I know of here.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alphen_aan_den_Rijn_shopping_mall_shooting

ye simply cannot compete with my superiour intellect. i am the master of internet debates.
'twas indeed. the old west was americas best period.
in ireland we have gang wars with loads of shootings right now and hand guns are banned.
i think he meant 75% of the remaining 2/3

No?
The places in the world with the highest rates of suicide have some of the lowest rates of gun ownership. Guns are easy to kill yourself with and that's why people use them if they have access to them. I don't think suicidal people should have access to guns, but that's a metal health issue not a gun control issue. I suppose it could be both, but you can't legislate that suicidal people shouldn't have guns cause how the fuck are you gonna enforce that? We need better access to mental health care in this country.

Mental issues are the reasons most mass shooting happen and is responsible for almost all suicides.

I'm saying of the 2/3rds remaining after you count out suicides, 75% of that amount can be blamed on gangs.

If you disagree take it up with the FBI, not me. And just think about it, in the North there's tons of ghettos, in the South, there's tons of drug trafficking and surely you know about the Cartel problem Mexico has, and how weak the Mexican-US border is? Not to mention all the white supremacist gangs and biker gangs in general, and now the Italian mafia has died down a lot but I hear the Russian mafia is making a resurgence.

>Mental issues
also this america has crazies running amok and no one is doing anything about it. healthcare in general is fucked for joe mcbillybob.

He owned his guns legally. Despite being mentally ill.

Worked well for Paris.

hsph.harvard.edu/means-matter/means-matter/risk/

'no'

Although it's a great idea to have a well armed population ready for whatever may come the thought of my neighboor owning an automatic rifle is scary.

I'd say that allowing to own semi automatic weapons is a good cut-off, also a proper training on marksmanship should be a must for everyone who pretends to own a weapon.

I don't agree with the "shall not be infirnged" meme because rights carry responsibilities and if a person shows signs of being irresponsible the society/state has a legitimate power to take such right away

Literally don't care suicide is a human right and has no bearing on my physical safety at all

>well armed population
That's a meme, any kind of civilian militia would be steamrolled by any kind of modern military.

if people want to kill themselves, let them. you cant stop every death, and it doesnt risk anyone elses safety.
try to stop them if you can (to save face honestly no other reason) but it doesnt matter in the wider world.
i agree gun owners should be trained in safety and how to properly use their guns. only gun control measure that can truly be considered common sense. of course, most gun owners educate themselves on this stuff anyway so it doesnt matter too much.

If someone gets a gun license here he literally needs to ask the police for that license so they can do a background check. Except that they didnt lol. While he was known by the police as they once helped put him in a mental institution.