What do I do about dust in my server?

What do I do about dust in my server?

Clean it

wipe flats then cleaning blobs

Should I use like a leaf blower?

Don't really wanna turn it off

the dust will just fall in it again

Just shower it in mineral oir,it will look brand new.
Mineral oil is not conductive so no issues.
I do it every 3months.

>shitbox is so old it actually has a floppy drive
it should be in the trash

It does its job.
I can stream 4K off it no problem, it will max my 1gbps network

Oh wow it will max a 1gbit port. You need 13 fucking disks to do this? For fucks sakes a single laptop HDD nowadays can easily max a 1gbit port.

>single core cpu
>92 watts
i'm guessing a atom tablet is more powerful than that shitbox

Install gentoo.

8 disks. Eventually 16 when I run out
An atom tablet costs money and is not reliable. This was free and has ran this long and will continue to do so for the foreseeable future.

Also
>recommending a single point of failure

>i dont know what electromigration is
>i think electrolytes never evaporate

Oh, and it's dual socket with HT, hence the 8gb ram.

>dual single core 92 watt CPUs
that makes it even worse. my dual E5-2660v2s put out enough heat to be annoying but at least they serve a purpose which couldnt acomplished with a iPad.

>I think everything only lasts 5 years

>paying over $1000 to do what I'm already doing for free

Are you some kind of Cpu salesman?

that shit box is a lot more than 5 years old. that chip came out more than 13 years ago. it fucking uses DDR1 ram.

An Atom or Jaguar setup would still blow the doors off of that thing at 1/30 the electricity use and probably ROI pretty quickly because of that but if it works it works.

>only paying $1k
The E5-2660v2s were $1400 each when i got them a few years ago.

Well they are $350 now. Which is why I do not buy brand new shit, Mr cpu salesman

Power is free/negligible
The box with all 8 drives pulls right around 300w.

>The box with all 8 drives pulls right around 300w.
That is what mine does with 8 HDDs, 8 SSDs, dual GPUs, a RAID card which requires a PCIe power connector and a dual 10GbE NIC. As I said, throw that shit in the trash and buy a Atom or a used Xeon E3.

If the power is free why should he bother?

Its not free, you're parents are still paying for it.

Again. Why would I PAY MONEY to replace something that already fully does what I need for free. All it does, and will ever do, is store files, and replicate data from my cloud network so I can stream video or work with files stored locally.

>my cloud network
user please. you dont have any infrastructure. you have a old shitbox bolted to some 2x4s. i've seen your janky ass setup plenty of times with your hooker cards.

I have about 4 different remote servers in 3 different states and 1 different country.
I have two separate virtual networks, I even have vlans on one.
But sure, I should drop a few grand on a dual xeon box for my house because it's going to be so fucking useful on my dsl internet

Dude, stop. You're being baited.

Okay :(

I'm banging a girl named tori right now