Is it a bad idea to buy the biggest external hard drive I can find?

Is it a bad idea to buy the biggest external hard drive I can find?
I've filled my 4tb TV Shows drive and need either a second drive or a bigger one to keep adding to.
Are bigger drives more likely to fail?

Other urls found in this thread:

reddit.com/r/DataHoarder/wiki/hardware
bestbuy.com/site/wd-easystore-8tb-external-usb-3-0-hard-drive-black/5792401.p?skuId=5792401
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

No. As long as it can hold gentoo, it's fine.

>seagate

I just looked up the biggest single drive I could find.
Having said that, my 3 seagate drives have been fine for a long time now. Spinning almost constantly for years

>buying consumer trash in general

There's a 8tb external for 180 look around more.

>He doesn't have a RAID6 nas

Enjoy your lost data.

>include expert installation
>$67.59

>fully grown adult
>4tb of TV shows
seek help

You should really invest in a NAS or dedicated storage server. They're better performance, can connect to your network, can use cheaper internal harddrives instead of external ones, have better RAID support, are more scalable and just look cleaner than 4 external USB connected harddrives.

Read this by the way, contains a lot of useful information about storage servers and what harddrives to buy

reddit.com/r/DataHoarder/wiki/hardware

>hurr durr plebbit sucks btfo

"TV shows"

If you really want an external drive, this seems like a better option: bestbuy.com/site/wd-easystore-8tb-external-usb-3-0-hard-drive-black/5792401.p?skuId=5792401

Not OP, but I actually have terabytes of Japanese TV shows.

Downtown no Gaki no Tsukai ya Arahende, Gamecenter CX and Knight Scoop are all really good.

KEK
For real though, what the fuck needs "installing"?

>Japanese TV shows
So those borderline pedophile sex cartoons?

There's more to Japanese TV than anime.

Where did you find Downtown subbed? I can only find the batsu games.

Oh my god I just made a huge list with URLs to all my sources and Sup Forums thinks it's spam ffs..

Anyways you should be able to find a lot on

www.gaki-no-tsukai.com

and here

www.reddit.com/r/GakiNoTsukai/

yes, anime is all that plays on japanese TV, they don't create any other media whatsoever.

Also www.teamgaki.com. They sub the batsu games and some other episodes here and there.
The main page has links to other subbing groups under "Friends".

1) Buy 5 of the largest capacity drives you can
2) set up raid 6 with a hot spare
3) ???
4) no data loss

Raid is not a substitute for backups.

It's a substitute for failing drives. Doubt that OP wants to waste more money backing up pirated shit. Only concern is getting fucked over by random ware, but for that you can just stop using Windows.

check to see if you are getting the good hdds or if you are getting consumer ones, you can likely find the seagate ones for just as cheap but if the wd version has their consumer drives, you are likely better off seagate.