I'm researching microphones and want one I can attach to my existing headphones without any modification...

I'm researching microphones and want one I can attach to my existing headphones without any modification. I found pic related, and seems to be exactly what I want, but it seems way too cheap. Is there anything else with a similar design that is meant to be clipped onto a headphone wire?

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com/dp/B0058MJX4O
amazon.com/gp/product/B00BJ17WKK/ref=ask_ql_qh_dp_hza
amazon.com/dp/B01HB9H4LK/ref=psdc_2407777011_t1_B00BJ17WKK
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

wtf, just buy the zalman you dumb faggot.

I had the Zalman and it was a piece of shit, sounded like I was trying to communicate from the moon. Got a modmic instead and it's much better, attaches on the side of your headphones with a an adhesive magnet.

>13 years later and the design still hasn't changed

Use the left ear of your headphones

Get a good studio mic that'll pick up your voice from a few feet away so you do not need a headset mic.

That's a high quality microphone, but the cord is very long, and if your chair has wheels it won't survive.

I had been using this for a couple years until I recently got a modmic from Massdrop. It works fine. Would recommend the modmic instead if you are willing to pay for it though.

I have used this for years when I played comp tf2, I bought mine for 5 bucks, and the sound quality was great. People heard my clean, and crisp.

No shit right? Granted I bought mine.. 7 years ago. I still have it in a bin some where.

this is true. I had to wrap it around my headset a good while until I didn't have any slack.

amazon.com/dp/B0058MJX4O

Don't want to mod, recommend a product with literally mod on the title

This was suggested to me, never tried it.

amazon.com/gp/product/B00BJ17WKK/ref=ask_ql_qh_dp_hza

>v-MODa

Is it that bad? I was just suggested it.

Frankly I'm in the same spot as OP, that's best I found so far. Maybe this, but it looks like Chinkshit.

amazon.com/dp/B01HB9H4LK/ref=psdc_2407777011_t1_B00BJ17WKK

>amazon.com/dp/B01HB9H4LK/ref=psdc_2407777011_t1_B00BJ17WKK

Do the job, nothing extra.

I had a modmic. Quality wasn't the best and when it finally died after 2 years, customer service told me to go fuck myself

It's really crappy. I had one and all my friends complained that I sounded like shit.
If you really don't want to have a standing microphone, and if you have at least some use for a webcam, you could get a Logitech c920 webcam. It's a good webcam (as far as I know, best value for the money) with a decent microphone, and it won't take any desk space.

Okay, let's assume we go for standing mic. What's one with good sound quality that doesn't pick up every sound?

I use BM-800 (the chink microphone), which is pretty much the cheapest mic with a decent quality, but it requires phantom power, so if you don't already have an adapter, it's like $50 total instead of $25. I'm fairly satisfied with it, but, to be honest, if I knew about the webcam mic before I bought BM-800, I wouldn't bother (since I need a webcam anyway, and its sound quality is not that much worse).

Was meant for

Yeah, that's the problem. I'm heavily looking at the BM-800 or whatever (Which has like two twins what the fuck), but once I get like a swing arm and the phantom power for it I might as well get like a Samson Meteor. Shame, if it was fully functional at $25 maybe.

What's with the phantom supply thing? It says it works without it on desktop, is it really that bad?

Zalman really sucks.

The Antlion modmic is what you want.

BUT, I hope you don't use those headphones in bed because you have to stick a big fuckoff magnet in the ear cuff instead of a simple fucking clip.

Other options with a clip?

There are none, I have fucking looked.

It's really quiet. Check it out on youtube, I'm pretty sure a thousand kids and pajeets made test videos.

I have the Zalman and if you're interested I could record myself saying something real quick.

That Zalman works decent, no need to spend over $40 on a modmic.

If you want cheap standing mic, then cheapest you can go is Superlux E205U. 44 yuros on thomann and it comes with a stand (simple one but works). It's usb mic so it doesn't require phantom power, and voice quality is pretty good. I have no clue what's availability in other countries.
BM-800 is very good but as was already said, will sound like shit without phantom power, which is much more expensive than mic itself.
I have this zalman mic and vmoda boom pro. Those are fine too but overall nothing outstanding. I stopped using zalman because doubled cable annoyed me but as long as you have it close to your mouth and all boosts set to minimum or disabled, it sounds fine. And it's cheap.