Sup Forumsuts Ryzen edition

No guts? That sucks, I'll help fix that
Was a click away from getting a 1700x and an x370 gaming pro carbon when I found out the AM4 corsair brackets are out of stock. So I'm gonna have to Wait™ a little longer

Other urls found in this thread:

pcpartpicker.com/list/YfRFnn
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Do it bruh. You won't regret it. Either that or wait for thread ripper.

No way, could never use that much power.
I love my 1800x build at work although I had to return the first one because it would crash anytime a put a big load on all the cores. Corsair support just sucks, they won't let me know when they will be back in stock.

>too much power
No such thing.

Plesse reconsidero ÿour choice intel ist better . Intel tm is better for gam,intel tm has bežter overcloxking and single core personification . Also pls buy mvidia 1080ti and microsoft windows pro 10 for maximum piromancy tm ty my friend

I ran my 1700X under an H100i on an the Crosshair VI with an AM3+ backplate for a month before getting my AM4 bracket.

It's an Asetek bracket. The NZXT Kraken brackets are exactly the same thing.

Any issues you ran into?

Not really. It was a little loose, but it still made good contact.

Oh shit ok I'll just do that, ordering now

Oh, the backplate on the CH6 is glued on, so you have to be careful removing it.

Did some research, it doesn't look like the h100i gtx v2 am3 mounting bracket can fit on the AM4 holes, are you guys sure?

You need an AM3 backplate

>Seasonic Prime Titanium
Judging by you positioning it that way I'm guessing you keep the mode on hybrid. Does it heat the case up by any noticeable amount?

I got all the am3 backplate and mounting stuff
Will this work with the MSI gaming carbon?

Here's the two backplates.

No. Only the crosshair VI

Yeah I can dissect my old AM3+ motherboard for that

Yeah decided to go for that one anyway, seemed like a better motherboard

Ryzen master race reporting in.

Apparently Intel's X299 will be software upgradeable with scratch cards and flash drives KEK (no support for RAID 1 and 5 out of the box, need to pay 300 bucks for a flash drive that you plug into your X299 motherboard to unlock that)

>

>"workstation"
>install winblows and plays video gaymes 24/7

Fuck these threads for 18 year olds.

>2 overpriced GPUs
>still no monitors over 60Hz
>that RAM frequency

Fucking gaymer retards.

1. 4k
2. 4k
3. literally nothing wrong with 3000 mhz
Consider an hero

y are pepo gettin the 1700x over the 1700?? makes no sense to me

There is literally nothing wrong with that build.

I have it in the hybrid mode I think yes. And I have the fan facing into the case like that because my desktop is on carpet. I don't want my PSU to breath in carpet.

As far as I know, power supplies vent air outside the case. Their big fan pulls air into the supply. As far as temperatures in general, my PSU fan rarely ever kicks on, my 980ti classified peaks at 76C in benches, and my 1700X only sees 53C at 100% encoding load for days on end.

>complains about overkill GPU power for 60hz monitors while also calling him a retard gaymer

So which one is it, idiot? What do you say to those freelancing from home in a field where you need GPU horsepower but you don't shit enough money to buy quadros?

The insides of my old gayman rig

R5 1600 or 1600x and Matx or atx board i can't decide.

pcpartpicker.com/list/YfRFnn

How's this look? Help me pull the trigger, will change the ssd to 500 gbs , any help appericate

I don't really like the case and OCing is a no-go with the current CPU cooler, but otherwise I've been pretty content with the upgrade after having used a 2500K so long.

I just built a 1600X+matx+fractal mini-c.

Having upgraded from 1090T+ATX full tower, I'm loving it right now. It is at least 50% faster at literally everything, and often much more than that, it is more reasonably portable, still runs cool, and is quieter.

All newer parts are more energy efficient and produce less heat, so it is increasingly feasible to cram things into smaller cases. My CPU only hits 50C at full load with a NH-U12S cooler.

>pcpartpicker.com/list/YfRFnn
Why the mini gpu? Other than that it looks pretty good.

>pcpartpicker.com/list/YfRFnn
Have you looked at either the Define C or even Mini C? Unless you need lots of drive space or just want a bigger box for no reason, you can get something significantly smaller. I have the Mini C for my Ryzen build and it is great.

>My CPU only hits 50C at full load with a NH-U12S cooler.

Fuck. The post above you here. Mine goes easily 65 °C at around 75W load already. Guess I should've spent more money on a CPU cooler. Or then it's the case, since its airflow is so restricted.

I picked up this old antec full tower case and was thinking about turning it into my main pc but i am not sure.

r5 1600 + h60
r9 fury nitro
32gb ddr4-2933
phanteks p400

Is the top fan intake or exhaust?

exhaust
rad fan is intake

This is a little more than 10 minutes of the CPU-Z stress test at 100% on all threads. I've never actually seen it go over 49C, but I assume it would probably bump up maybe one more degree if left for long enough.

It never gets hot enough for the CPU fan to actually speed up past the 'idle' 1000-1100rpm.

I'm not sure , which gpu would you say I should do? First time builder, I want this to last college and some games , not only that my gf used AutoCAD SketchUp Revit and Adobe for school/work should I just go for a 1080?

No I don't think I need a bigger box , I just hit one that look alright, I'm new to building and I don't have a care for lights or led , I just want a nice slim case, any recommendations?

don't get an ATX sized case if you have a MicroATX board, either step up to an ATX board or step down to a microATX case. ATX is fuckheug, and if you're going through college and dorm rooms a smaller pc is very nice.

You could probably get a cheaper/smaller power supply I don't think you need 750W

Make sure your ram is Samsung B-die DDR4 since it works better with Ryzen apparently and you could probably get it cheaper than $134

Use some of the potential savings to maybe step up to a 1080 or even a 1080ti or buy peripherals if you don't have them. Invest in a nice monitor.

Definitely smaller case does sound nice now that you put it that way , yes I'm going in college right now, and can see how that can be convenient. Also how would I check that ram so I can get it too along with a 1080, can you link them to me? related me looking at parts since Im retarded

what case is this in pic related? thx in advance

It looks like a Fractal Design R4

>60735851