What's the purpose of this "country"?

B

Everything.

E

It's the answer to the question "What if Russians were white?"

B

A buffer zone between central Russia and the EU/NATO

to be integrated into soviet union 2.0

When do you think Belarus will have their revolution?

It's bound to happen at some point, right?

B

Why?

Being Putin's cumdumpster.
It's said they got russified so hard, they used to be actual Lithuanians.

B

E

L

>said
*sad
No, why? Lukaszenko has massive support, just like Putin. I heard people generally consider him to be the lesser evil, and wwho knows, maybe they're right.

yeah but we need to finish the ukrainian revolution first
t. cia operator in Poland

A

Gay

Lukashenko is bad but he doesn't actively bait unrest, very very unlikely anything will happen

Why would we need a revolution? Why do you fuckers want us to end up like Ukraine?

A

Yeah, but their language was Ruthenian. Whole Duchy adopted it as its official language.

peace and harmony

>They used to be actual Lithuanians
Being Lithuanian is a good thing since when?

Lithuanians used to rule Belarus, did not make us Lithuanians. Language was still Ruthenian.

This is a fact, żmudzin

democracy lad
you need it

this 2bh

That's shit.

Democracy does not seem to be worth the effort. Look at glorious democratic Ukraine or Russia of Yeltsin era. Nobody wants that.

mini russia

to confuse nato.

look at Poland and USA famfalam

B

Democracy sucks, it's just a shame you have the guy you have as head of state

Poland AND USA

no USA(germany) and it slave poland ;D

>Look at exceptions
>Not the rule

A bulwark between Russia and the West.

what

most democratic nations are on the top of HDI and incomes

It was a good thing until you got butthurt about ebul psheki wanting their city back. And it still could be a good thing 2bh, our conflicts aren't nearly as messy as the ones with Ruskies or Ukies.
>Lithuanian calls Grand Duchy of Lithuania a shit
?
Be the exception, join V4 :3

What rule? Calling what they have in Ukraine and in Yeltsyn's Russia democracy is a joke.

Lithuania is shit, the grand duchy was shit, nothing good about this country.

That's a technology and rule of law thing, very little to do with having parliaments instead of something else in my opinion

Most democratic nations are in places like Africa and Latin America. Places like the USA are exceptions, and even then they have major problems.

That is what democracy looks like in reality.

I don't necessarily want it to happen, in case you though I implied that.

But isn't that how it usually goes?
Country advances, people get richer, middle class develops, middle class has resources to think about things other than daily necessities, middle class sees injustice, people become discontent, revolution happens?

I agree with that, I certainly don't think anything will happen soon, nobody wants another Ukraine situation right now.
But Lukashenko won't live forever, eventually there's bound to be some change.

Don't selfhate yourself so much fąm, there's plenty of much worse places on this planet

>Country advances, people get richer, middle class develops, middle class has resources to think about things other than daily necessities, middle class sees injustice, people become discontent, revolution happens?
No because what would come from revolution would be worse than what came before. People who advocate revolution are delusional about what comes after. 90% of revolutions result in something worse than what existed before.

Exceptions? Most Western democracies are still preferable to living in Eastern Europe.

Not really.

The sole exception to this may be Singapore, but that's a pure meritocracy, not your usual autocracy.

How would you explain that every other country with good rule of law and developed institutions is a democracy?

We are not western! Revolution here would not magically turn us into Norway.

>Most democratic nations are in places like Africa and Latin America
No, those are oligarchies just like Russia and Ukraine.
I mean real democracies like US, EU, etc.

>middle class in Ukraine
middle kek

Come to Norway, like 35000 of your brothers and sisters. Or better yet, don't, until I get a job again.

Coincidentally the countries which lived through the Enlightenment and got swept up in the discourse of representative democracy, I'm not a politics/philosophy/history student sorry I can't give a better answer

Then don't revolt, reform from inside the system.

>Real democracies
>US and EU

hahahaha good meme

Kek, do young people in Belarus worship communist times?

to be the second Russia

>But Lukashenko won't live forever
I don't think it's that much of a problem

Go pick some potatoes. :^)

>90% of revolutions result in something worse than what existed before.

Can't spell "exceptional" without "exception".

>I mean real democracies like US, EU, etc.
US is an oligarchy as well. EU is a bureaucratic system. EU parliament cannot even suggest legislation, only the commission which is just bureaucrats can.

That is what happens anyway. No system does not change over time.

There is all sorts of opinion.

Not perfect democracies like Switzerland but okay-ish.

I meant EU as a group of democratic nations. All those nations individually have their own democratic parliaments.

Commissioners are selected by national governments

EU itself isn't a country

>EU itself isn't a country
For now.

I wish it was. But not in the nearest future 2bh.

EU exerts as much pressure/influence on individual states like Ireland and Greece as any Empire ever did, doesn't matter whether it's technically a state or not

>I wish it was.

You're so afraid of Russia you want to throw your sovereignty and your history out the window

kill yourself please

Not only because of that

Please don't bully me Sup Forums

To produce brutal death metal albums.

EU is in a weird place. Nation states in the EU can't function on their own, but the EU isn't a powerful federation for now. It's democratic mandate will have to be strengthened before it becomes one.

Agreed.

Highly unlikely,they even had to use an East Slavic language because the Lithuanians were illiterate vermin.

I don't understand why you guys want federation so much, I'm in favour of a union that has no political power, i.e., one that is just based on freedom of movement and commerce, not law-making

It seems the current union is going to have to die before that comes about

The future is not nation states but big unions of states. Alone we can do close to nothing when negotiating with USA or China.

I'm an internationalist

Nationalism destroyed and weakened Europe many times in the past. I don't think we can survive another round.

But if we have a European single market like I said I always want us to have you are negotiating trade deals with Europe, not with individual states

You need unified foreign relations for that (i.e. the French will want to cover their lazy asses like they do now with TTIP) and if you want unified FR you need a common army, etc etc

I have no problem with a common military as long as Russia and others are part of the single market

The purpose of this country is a harassment to Poland.

I don't think Russia will want to join, their economy just can't compete with European. Too inefficient and corrupted.

That's true only true in the short term.

Revolutions are necessary for progress. And that btw is why democracy is so great: It allows for revolutions with very little friction.

Well, Yanukovych wasn't in power for a very long time so he couldn't establish himself like Lukashenko. And the Maidan revolution wouldn't really be all that notable on an international scale if it were not for the Russian intervention. Governments fucking up and then being forced to resign isn't that crazy.

Is that really going to happen? Looks a bit young.

Lukashenko is only 61

that gives him like 15 years max
that boy is 12
27 is quite early but turned out okay for Kim Jong Un

>All this EU loving
Convinced me that you are all mentally ill west of Belarus.

B

The majority of people do not like the EU tovarish

>mfw Belarus will chose the path to the EU soon

Not going to happen

we're north, m8

Wait till the gas price rise again so Lukashenko will smile to the west again.

> end up like Ukraine

We only started, unlike your swamp.

belaruse is much more after russia compared to ukraine, and since they were unable to join EU neither will they

You gonna get ucrained if you do that and will have russians invading with the retarded ripoff of the confederate flag.
Seriously, what were they thinking as they made it?

probably Russian naval jack
the invasion started in Crimea where russia has its navy stationed

>live longer in US
>have more money in US
>have more babies (sex) in US

I see no problem here

>use 3.7 times more electricity
>implying that's bad thing
this site is shit man.

Belarus is much better than Ukraine

I was looking at the other statistics like HIV, infancy death, murder rate, unemployment, prison stats.