Are Apple products really a botnet? They seem to be quite serious with privacy

Are Apple products really a botnet? They seem to be quite serious with privacy.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=V2aq5M3Q76U
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

yes

no

maybe

i dont know

not really

Not as blatantly as Microsoft's, anyway. There's that one checkbox when you're setting up OSX and that's it.

Everything with Intel in it is a botnet. Can't escape it no matter what OS.

Recent AMD shit is also a botnet

Apple is not a botnet no.

Spotting a common theme on Sup Forums.
Everything is a botnet.

goto fail

It's not Sup Forums, everything really is a botnet. 99% of HDD/SSD manufacturers have baked in NSA back doors, 100% of processors have NSA back doors, the majority of Linux distros have baked in NSA back doors, OSX has them, Windblows has them. All of the entire internet of things is one fucking massive botnet, and it fucking sucks.

Your post has 99% baked in tinfoil.

Yes, but less so than Windows

not really user. he is pretty much correct.

Intel chips for sure have backdoors in them.
Whenever you use the encryption algo's on chip, they keep a "cache" of the keys. they say there is no way to get them out the cache. but i bet the NSA know a way :P

efi and uefi basically fucks your whole computer.
youtube.com/watch?v=V2aq5M3Q76U

Open-source hardware when?

Apple has pretty good privacy desu senpai

The problem is they are overpriced garbage

A FRIEND TOLD ME THEY ARE NOT USING FREE SOFTWARE?!?!?!
CAN ANYONE CONFIRM?!

Never, the amount of research and production equipment it needs to create competetive hardware will always ensure that the (((tech giants))) have a monopoly.

BACK THE FUCK OF?!?!

>pretty much correct
>99% of HDD/SSD manufacturers have baked in NSA back doors, 100% of processors have NSA back doors, the majority of Linux distros have baked in NSA back doors, OSX has them, Windblows has them

In short: NO, all of this stuff DOES NOT have NSA backdoors. NSA may have ways to exploit some or even all of them, but they were not placed there purposefully.

>In short: NO, all of this stuff DOES NOT have NSA backdoors.
how do you know

Simple deduction, really

Good luck getting the following to install an NSA backdoor for you:
- Korean and other foreign SSD manufacturers
- "majority" of Linux distros (or in fact ANY Linux distro)
- Apple with their stance towards privacy (see the iPhone unlocking debacle)

For processors (Intel more than AMD) and Microsoft, yeah for them it seems possible.

>- "majority" of Linux distros (or in fact ANY Linux distro)
Any distro that uses GPL code as a base is already full of NSA backdoors as half the code is from one TLA or another specifically to give them access. Do people actually believe the "free" code is created altruistically by nobody basement dwellers on the internet?

I'll believe this when I see proof of it. It's not open source for no reason, you know.

>For processors (Intel more than AMD) and Microsoft, yeah for them it seems possible.
but user, this is all they need

This is true and it worries me.

Still doesn't make the other points true.

I assume the NSA makes intel it's bitch and also cisco and anyone who makes the bigtime hardware that runs the internet

between those two things that's all they need to be all up in ur shit whenever they feel like it

given the snowden revelations i think it's clear they are capable of getting into your home network and computer if they wanted to

>soldered ram
botnet or not, apple is a shitty meme.

How quickly you forget CVE-2016-5195, a backdoor that was undetected for a decade in your open source having been removed by LT then deliberately reinstated. Or how about the LUKS CVE-2016-4484 backdoor allowing full access to encrypted hard drives the fact that to enable the backdoor only requires you to hold the enter key during boot up is a massive indication it's not a code error but a deliberate insertion, that went 5 years before discovery. Unless you are going to read and more importantly understand every line of code before you install linux being open source only makes it easier for the TLAs to insert the backdoors.