youtube.com/watch?v=zt7hI2TAWW8
youtu.be/k7teT9CNwG4
youtube.com/watch?v=2xUYEZeKUMI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

They all sound the same to me.

Russian

Čiki briki

>Russian likes Ukrainian

I thought Ukrainian and Russian were both very similar languages? Isn't it like 60% the same thing or something? Can that even count as being different?

Russian and Ukrainian are as similar as Spanish and Portuguese

Ok so sister languages with enough differences to be considered separate. That makes sense I guess.

Belarusian

youtube.com/watch?v=gCdNqVor-tI

Slavic languages have more in common with one another than languages from other groups within I-E. Polish and Slovenian have 60% of their vocabularies in common, but with Russian and Ukrainian it would be 85 - 90%, I would guess.

Slovene, of course. Everything else sounds off.

French and English share 70% of their vocabularies and still sound absolutely different

This is what I have always been told, but whenever I ask actual Russians or Ukrainians about it they get all assmad and insist that their respective languages are completely different in every way and not even remotely similar.

I have to disagree, sir, Slovenian is clearly superior.

youtube.com/watch?v=8_tZZ9GP8fo

All Indo-European languages are similar to some extent as they came from the same proto-language

disgusting

The Scandinavian languages are very similar to each other.

True, standard Slovene is nothing special.

>ukrainian

no such language

Slovenian because they were influenced by us.

Linguists don't agree with you

For me Ukrainian sounds like a funny rural rednek speak. Maybe it's a beautiful language for some people but i just can't listen to it.

so you claim that this youtube.com/watch?v=lRx8N_pk1MQ is the height of our language? I don't think most Slavs ITT will agree.

>Linguists
It's not a linguistic question.

You probably only heard Surzhik spoken by Eastern Ukrainians

So what is real ukrainian then?

It is. Politicians know nothing anout philology and only make scientists laugh when talkigng some crap like "there is no Ukrainian/Catalan/Norwegian/whatever language"

Called Taras, lives in Galicia, has weird haircut, hates Russians and Poles, wants to be fucked in ass by Germans and Americans.

What?

Why do pidorahas always think about cocks and anal sex?

>razgibana, vesela gorenjščina
>toga, umetna knjižna slovenščina
Izberi eno.
Pa še to, čez Avsenike se ne govori. Avseniki še knjižno slovenščino naredijo zanimivo.

It was a joke.

why do ukrainians use the letter i in their cyrillic alphabet if they already have и

Because "и" is for another sound

You sound like drunk Friulians. Don't take this as an offense though.

what sound

/ы/

ы if i'm not mistaking

B

It's not. There's no any clear scientific method to divide a dialect continuum into separate languages. It's all about politics and people's desires.

>izrazna, umetelna knjižna oz. zborna slovenščina
>čustveno osiromašena, bastardizirana kmečka govorica

izberi eno in samo eno

>on govori v zborni slovenščini
(w)ew

Lol, even by this logics, Ukrainian isn't a Russian dialect, but both languages are different dialects of the same language

>no unnecessary j everywhere
>aesthetic pronunciation like bulgarian
pretty nice, thick, solid
8/10

Yes, of course. I didn't say the opposite.

No, that's another dialect.

youtube.com/watch?v=i8c3-eRFyI0

Standard Slovene actually has a lot of unecessary j letters (like in Ljubljana, Radovljica, Kranj, konj,...). That's why dialects are superior to the standard.

Russian. Smaller countries and near micro languages such as Slovene and Croatian are basically simplistic dialects developed and used by the majority of peasants, while German and Italian were used in all high ranking offices and so on, places where cultures only existed and thrived. Simple reminder that not longer than 50 years ago Croatia was still kinda like that with enormous number of peasants and one true city, which was Zagreb. Language that became official Croatian by one decision in 19th century or so was extremely simplistic and it lacked expression and its nature is very rough, commanding and straightforward.

Compare that to Russian which was used for centuries in all spheres of huge societies and spread elsewhere.

Dunno about Croatian, but Slovenian got its first great poet 200 years ago. Does this sound rural, rough and commanding to you?

youtube.com/watch?v=zt7hI2TAWW8

Ayy. Slovene dialects were used wen coronating Carinthian dukes up to the 15th century and Slovene burghers declared their allegiance to their towns in Slovene throughout the middle ages.

But Slovenian is the best Slav language exactly because Venetian/Friulian and German were spoken in those regions. They influenced the pronounce and other things.

it sounds like slavic italian
and all these 'uzhka kuzhka" sound funny
also that is cute that i recognize some words

As you probably already know, we've had plenty of objectively good poets for the last thousand years or so. You shouldn't simply ignore other languages for comparison to make conclusions about objective nature of yours.

It doesn't sound rough and commanding, but it sounds like some peasant cow milking talk unfit for even my Croatian ears, let alone of nations with some finer, more developed languages. I can barely stand listening to it, reminds me of those peasants from Zagorje who can only talk about tending to animals, farms, vineyards and pussy.

Please post sources or media of the language you like.
youtu.be/k7teT9CNwG4

Urška is just the diminutive form of the personal name Uršula.

Those are lofty words coming from a speaker of the language that's best known for the phrase 'jebem ti mater'.

Why so many dislikes?

youtube.com/watch?v=2xUYEZeKUMI

Because primary school students are required to memorize and recite the entire poem in class. I remember having a hard time with it myself.

Hahahaha