Intel’s 18 Core Skylake-X Won’t Be Available Until Next Year – 14 & 16 Core Parts To See Delayed Availability

>Intel’s 18 Core Skylake-X Won’t Be Available Until Next Year – 14 & 16 Core Parts To See Delayed Availability

wccftech.com/intels-skylake-x-core-i9-7980x-wont-be-available-until-next-year/

Other urls found in this thread:

qctimes.com/business/investment/markets-and-stocks/how-intel-corporation-s-core-i---xe-can/article_43102445-a24d-5e9d-b2eb-e8d9ee9fcf2f.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Yeah it was a rushed knee-jerk reaction to Threadripper. I bet they don't have any clue on what they're even going to run at yet. Only that they're rebadged xeons.

Intel BTFO

AMD wins 2017

Thank Jim Keller, shit wrecker

Take a guess why

You're cooling it wrong, it needs LN2 for ultimate performance and MEGA TASKING

UHNNNNNN I HIRED A MIDGET TO POUR THE LN2 FOR ME, MEGA-TASKING SO HARD RIGHT NOW

Intel Throttlefire

How much will a thread ripper system cost

CPU $560-$900 (estimated)
Mobo $250-$400 (estimated)

Wtf

850-1000 for the CPU + 400-600 for the Mobo.

>I'll just keep posting my forced meme on every thread

Who is the father

thredrapper needs to be in the 300$ range or ti's DOA

Welcome to HEDT. Intel's prices are even higher.
Their 8 core 1700 just dropped to that price, lol.

According to that the 7980XE needs to be $270 or it'll be DOA

>7980XE
uh think again sweetie
qctimes.com/business/investment/markets-and-stocks/how-intel-corporation-s-core-i---xe-can/article_43102445-a24d-5e9d-b2eb-e8d9ee9fcf2f.html

>lol I posted it again

>For the 7980XE to be cleanly superior to the $999 Core i9-7900X, it should offer a maximum Turbo Boost 2.0 speed of 4.3GHz, meaning that each one of the 18 cores on the chip needs to be able to run at 4.3GHz

This was written by someone who has not even the slightest clue about Intel's architecture. lol

He's not wrong if Intel make the 7980XE a 400W TDP part

AMD = Threadripper
Intel = Socketmelter

That's be really cool, but really fucking stupid from a business perspective.

Can anyone fill me in

2016:
>$300 range: skylake
>$385~$600: haswell/broadwell-e

What are their replacements now? Why is everyone so caught up with hedt suddenly? it wasn't even popular a year before though it was the objectively better choice.

The replacement for Skylake is more Skylake, so that's not really interesting.

>Why is everyone so caught up with hedt suddenly? it wasn't even popular a year before though it was the objectively better choice.
AMD has a compelling option and Intel has dropped their prices significantly. The HEDT wars are officially on.

MOAR RINGS
O
A
R RINGS

can't tell if retarded or just pretending

I want to get off Mr.Intel's wild ringbus ride.

Just Pay™

THE INTEL FRONTSIDE/RINGBUS RIDE NEVER ENDS