What is the oldest functioning mac you own?

i am not an homosexual

I have a 1984 that needs the OS reimstalled. Does that count?

I'm white and straight.

2010 White MacBook
I'm white but I like underage cock so it makes sense.

2010 15-inch Macbook Pro

>reinstalled
That mac doesn't even have a hard drive. You just need to boot from a working floppy. For that you'll need to buy a 90s era mac that has networking in order to get the os on it, because macs had a proprietary way of writing floppies that you can't do with a modern usb floppy drive.

Mac Mini first gen.

Powerbook from 2001 or something, keyboard is pretty nice

A 1988 laptop with ms-dos

A beige PowerMac G3 desktop. Someday I'll get a ZIF G4 CPU and a PCI FX5200 for it, and install Leopard just for the hell of it.

Macintosh IIsi

2017 Macbook Pro 15-inch with Retina Display

> This is the only right answer.

xD

G3 iBook (semi functional)

Apple IIe

Those aren't macs though.

/thread

A G5 eMac. Also got a Macintosh Classic II but it's got bad caps right now

>t. mactoddler

*G4

None. Cause they fuckin suck.

You're a fucking moron

Where do technology illiterate mactoddler subhumans get the false impression that they or their fruity toddler toys are welcome much less belong on a technology board?

a mid 2007 aluminum iMac. they were placed to snow globe iMac that had hard drive failure. I used to be a Mac Fanboy. it's now used as a server.

fpbp

We're discussing technology on a technology board. Why don't you do the same instead of shitposting?

>fruity toddler toys
>technology

Good joke.

>we're circlejerking to our ancient useless fruit religion relics, LEAV US ALONEE!!!1111

Go back to circlejerking about your chinkpads

ebin

/thread

ayy

13.3" 2015 Macbook Pro with Retina Display

Kraft Mac n cheese

PPC 8500 with humongous 256MB of ram.

my first computer desu

I have the original macbook with libreboot.

lice quads

and mac

I don't have one......I'm not a cum gargling faggot like you.

a Plus with an HD20 and carrying bag that's pretty nice
>all these retards ITT biting Pajeet from Dell's shitty ctrl+v bait

They did. Either external or 3rd party internal.
Also you can burn images on PC floppy drives with an actual controller (non USB)

Not a Macintosh.

Go shit in a /retro/ thread

>Also you can burn images on PC floppy drives with an actual controller (non USB)
I see this claim all the time. But I've never actually seen someone do it.

Oldest functioning Mac I own is a Power Mac 6100/66 DOS.

thats a good point

why arent you faggots in the /retro/ containment thread if one exists already??

>I see this claim all the time. But I've never actually seen someone do it.
How come? Its documented online.
I wrote several boot disks for my old Classic

>Oldest functioning Mac I own is a Power Mac 6100/66 DOS.
Pleb, at least get a 68k one if you're going to post about it.

Because not all the computers itt are retro

this isnt /vr/ you faggot, Sup Forums retro is perfectly fine with 2005 G5 macshit, etc

only autistic /vr/ faggots try to define retro

>How come? Its documented online.
Source? Not trying to be a shit, if it's possible I would genuinely like to know.

>Pleb, at least get a 68k one if you're going to post about it.
Bitch, you show the first Power Mac with a full on PC inside some respect!

Also: I had a Power Book 145, but it died and I couldn't find the cause (couldn't see a bad cap). Would love to have a Plus or SE/30 but the ones I've found tend to be pricey.

Power Macintosh 7600/132

>I wrote several boot disks for my old Classic
the superdrives in those things are fully PC compatible, the 400K drives in 128Ks are not and PC drives are physically incapable of writing to them or reading from them, so you certainly need a bridge box to deal with them

Epic burn good sir! *tips fedora*

>Bitch, you show the first Power Mac with a full on PC inside some respect!
I have 68k Macs with 486 draughtboards.

6100/60 with a Debian install.

The Nubus-PPC kernel patch was a wondrous little thing.

I can't find the thread?

fucking imbecile

he said first Power Mac, not first Mac

>debian on a 60 MHz 601
that sounds horrifying

Its a tie between my GigE machines i think. I have a dual 450 tower and a 500 TiBook. Both run 10.4.11 and 9.2.2/

If you're going to get a PPC Mac, just get a Dual G4 that can run Classic and OS X, with PCI n AGP.

There is no compatibility reason not to. Else there is a reason to actually own a 68k Mac (compatibility).

"Showing off" with a old shit PPC Mac is like wearing a pro autism sign.

Not bad actually. Debian with Gnome even runs on a '060.

>"Showing off" with a old shit PPC Mac is like wearing a pro autism sign.
90% of people here would say the same to you for owning /any/ old piece of PPC trash at all, why are you so upset at someone for asking a simple question?

If you want horrifying, I later installed Debian on a 6200/75 but didn't keep that machine. The PPC 601 is an interesting chip as NetBSD disregarded it as permanently broken while Linux had a small workaround.

>If you're going to get a PPC Mac, just get a Dual G4 that can run Classic and OS X, with PCI n AGP.
You mean like my Power Mac MDD 1.42ghz x2 G4 that can not only run Classic, but dual boot into Mac OS 9? (Thanks Mac OS 9 Lives!)

>"Showing off" with a old shit PPC Mac is like wearing a pro autism sign.
>STOP LIKING WHAT I DON'T LIKE!
People collect all sorts of shit. Some people collect and enjoy retro computers. Don't like that? Then you're in the wrong thread.

Why are macs such throwaway pieces of shit?

It speaks volumes when a mac from the early 2000s is worthless while a PC from the early 2000s could run XP or linux and still have modern uses.

10.4 is 4 years newer than XP and has current browsers and free software ports unlike XP
they'll also run Linux or OpenBSD great

Pretty much every mac can run Linux. It's just easier to slap together an old PC from old parts than find the elusive ones that Macs like. I once ran Linux on a beige G3, it booted off a CF-card that loaded the kernel which then initialised the better IDE controller card that held the OS disk.

90% of people think having hardware for software you need to use is autism, specially for a platform with very broken emulation? wew lad, projecting much?

>You mean like my Power Mac MDD 1.42ghz x2 G4 that can not only run Classic, but dual boot into Mac OS 9? (Thanks Mac OS 9 Lives!)
when I said run Classic and OS X I was obviously talking about dual booting, else get a Quad G5 with Tiger for Classic in OS X

>People collect all sorts of shit. Some people collect and enjoy retro computers. Don't like that? Then you're in the wrong thread.
this is not a retro thread, just OP asking a question that can generate lots of shitposting

>t. mactoddler

>b-but I NEED to use this old, outdated shitty software
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
Please, you're on fucking Sup Forums, which means you're a home user or hobbyist at best that doesn't "need" shit, you're either a jew who doesn't want to pay for what has long since superseded that software or an autist who thinks it's "objectively better" instead of just admitting to himself that he just likes it as the rest of us who run this shit do.

But man, what can you expect from someone who thinks he's hot shit just for spending the money to own the least old example of an ancient piece of shit platform that's been dead for 15 years and deluding himself into thinking that he actually "needed" it for anything else but looking cool on the internet?

I don't own this, but it's in storage at work and was functioning just fine a couple years ago.

I have a working SE/30 somewhere, not sure why I still keep it since it doesn't have a use though...

do you live in an asylum?

1.33GHz iBook G4, maybe 2006? Running OpenBSD.

>when i misused terminology i was obviously meaning something the term does not normally refer to
"Classic" has a specific meaning in the context of OS X, and it ain't dual booting.

My mistake. May be the 1986. It's the first one with a screen built in. The one he did the superbowl commercial for. It only has one floppy drive, and when I booted it, it has Hard Drive icon, not floppy.

>May be the 1986
It's a computer, not a fucking car. It has a proper model number.
Also, you have this wonderful thing called "search engines"; use them before spewing uninformed bullshit.

Who do you point to /vr/ like it's a bad thing?
Wow, people on Sup Forums don't play games? I'm pretty sure home users and hobbyist play games.

2/10 made me reply, put some more effort into it next time, referring to /vr/ means you agree with the original poster but just want to shitpost in the first place

>spending the money
Uh, stop that, people here actually didn't spend money on the shit, did they? I sure as hell didn't, it's a hobby and this shit is acquired for free.

any MacOS before OS X is called Classic in retrospect

yes OS X has a Classic environment also, you just suck at understanding english

Powerbook 1400

Nice projection, faggot.

It's just called "Mac OS"

No, the OS and the software/games for it are callified as MacOS Classic in retrospect, after OS X came out.

No, it's just called "Mac OS"

It was originally called System.
Then Apple retroactively branded it as Mac OS, name which it kept until the release of Mac OS X, when it was renamed as "Classic Mac OS". Then Apple went on to rename Mac OS X as OS X, only to drop the X later and simply call it macOS. Also, all of the naming changes are retroactive, so you better change your way of calling a certain piece of software or thousands of Apple fanboys will be ready to call you a poorfag.

nice anime reaction, you dick lusting sissy faggot

>It was originally called System.
I know, I'm not looking for a history lesson.
>Then Apple retroactively branded it as Mac OS
The Mac OS name is retroactive? As in, System 6 is not Mac OS 6?
>which it kept until the release of Mac OS X, when it was renamed as "Classic Mac OS"
No, it's "Mac OS" and "Mac OS X," Classic is just the name of the environment for running Mac OS within Mac OS X ≤10.4.
>Also, all of the naming changes are retroactive,
I have a hard time believing this and if it is true I refuse to accept it. Apple's already went full retard calling new OS X versions "macOS," no need to ruin past versions as well.

No, it's literally just "Mac OS".

>Then Apple retroactively branded it as Mac OS, name which it kept until the release of Mac OS X, when it was renamed as "Classic Mac OS".

It was never officially named or renamed "Classic Mac OS". People called it "Classic" Mac OS all the time. But that was not Apple's name for it. It remained Mac OS, while the new one was Mac OS X.

The Classic compatibility layer, however, was an official name.

Awwwww did he hurt your little faggot feelings?

You're damn right I am, I was that deluded once too until I pulled my head out of my ass. It's time to stop living in the past and accept that these things were nice but they are not superior, and yes, a lot of average people will certainly consider you autistic as shit for thinking you "need" to play some old shitty game or use some old shitty piece of software that's been superseded by something else, and then jerking off to having the latest and greatest old piece of shit someone threw in the trash to run it.

>extremely difficult
not impossible? are applefags really that bad at technology?

I can't understand your shitskin-tier grammar but there's nothing wrong with games, just being a faggot, and /vr/ attracts the latter like flies to shit under the guise of discussing the former.
Being disingenuous is a sin, my man. Kill yourself.

>STOP LIKING WHAT I DON'T LIKE

>I can't even read at a kindergarten level
Now this is projecting, I've got more of this shit than you'll ever hope to cram in your gay little studio apartment.

>t. mactoddler