Apply for entry level IT jobs

>apply for entry level IT jobs
>get a call a month later
>I already got a job

Lol are these retards for real?

I wish I got calls.

tell them what you earn currently, if they can offer you more switch

Lol who knows bro! They might call you in a couple years!

I think my former classmate once told about being contacted eight months later for a summer job.

>Have Bachelors in MIS and an MBA
>Four years of experience working IT in the university I attended
>Been applying for jobs over the past few months and never hear back from them

I applied to work in another university in February and I got a call back 2 months later in April. I did a phone interview, he said that it went really well and he'd like to bring me in for an in person interview later. 2 more months later and still haven't heard anything back. Haven't really heard anything back from anyone else.

I have an old IT coworker that has applied to over 50 jobs in the last few months and gotten 2 or 3 calls back. Some other old IT coworkers that majored in CS and have been unemployed for a year. Maybe it's just our area...

this

Enjoy taking calls, ramesh

I've definitely experienced not hearing anything from companies. Seems like if they make a decision of not hiring you, they just won't bother ever contacting you.

Lol, I get 3 calls every month from recruiters cause I can administrate and am experienced with Windows, Linux and a bunch of middleware (mostly Oracle stuff). Get experience and you won't even need stupid certs. When a recruiter calls me I tell them I switch jobs for a new Tesla, some are even considering it.

(You)

one month is actually pretty normal. not great, but normal

>be tranny
>have female name
>get tons of interviews
>not even call backs

The programming socks don't work.

Man I had an HR lady call me 2 months later out of the blue and give me this whole "We were impressed by your resume and degree and skills but we have decided to move in another direction etc. .. she went on for minutes"

my thoughts: "Nigga I found a job 6 weeks ago and presumed you dead long ago, why are you calling me now"

mfw

I had that happen to me but it was fucking SIX MONTHS after I applied.
What the fuck do they think? That I just sat around with a cock in my ass paying rent with my jizz-mixed spittle?
I cut the recruiter off mid-sentence and told him I found a job a month after I applied to them, but thanks for calling.

How much are you making? 60k no experience?

>Apply to a bunch of jobs
>End up saying fuck it and going to uni
>Get a call from the hiring agent for some fucking toilet-making apprenticeship I applied for 2 months ago
>"I'm calling on behalf of Greg at [toilet manufacture]
>"What?"
>"Did you apply for a job at [toilet manufacture]?"
>"Oh right"
>"Well are you free for a phone interview right now?"
>Laugh and say I've already found something

sounds like a good place to be. Have a network, have experience, get money

I just can't imagine how they are an IT company and have a whole department dedicated to HR and wait so long to call people. I did a phone interview, a skills test, 2 in person interviews (one with the CIO) and thought I had the job. Then they ghosted me.

Why call me 2 months later, what purpose does that serve?

Also they were interviewing other people I knew in passing and they offered one of them the job 2 weeks later (2.5 months of no contact total)

he had another job too

How they ever hire anyone while treating people like this I will never know, if anything it makes me think they must hire low quality candidates who are unable to find employment in the meantime

>fill out 30+ applications this past week
>one call
>rejected the same day
>mfw

Mate, not how it works. It's a numbers game. Be like your colleague. Companies will try to cuck you out of your paycheck so the boss can earn more $$$. So they will try to find the best suited candidate which costs the least. So younger motivated people.

After the interview, do it go well?
>Yes
Go for the next job interview since you're not the only candidate.

>No
They prob wont bother contacting you no matter what bullshit they where spouting at the end. If you feel like it did not go well you can be 99% sure you will not get the job.

They will not even bother contacting you, or very late so fuck them.

Job interviews are all about trick questions,

1) They asses your skills to see if you can do the minimum.

2) They see what kind of personality you have and if you fit in.

3) They want to know how hard they can cuck you. (less pay, more experience/skill)

If you fail/do neet meet their expectations at any of these points they will be polite and say the will contact but they will not. Why? Because you're their backup plan in case things go wrong and nobody more suited shows up.

That's why you sometimes get these assholes who call a month later. They had no other good options. Just tell them to fuck off in that case, since even if you took the job they will might try to replace you quickly if a more suited candidate comes up.

--- Do not give a shit what these asshole companies say,
--- and if you managed to get job once you can do it again.

applied for apple retail and got an email after 3 months. what the fuck is wrong with these people

applied for a waiter position in an asian restaurant with under the table pay and they called back after 4 months (submit resume for summer hire and got called in october)

sometime these people are pretty retarded and sometime its because they can't make up their mind or something, idk

>apply to job at cisco in July 2016
>got a rejection email last month

it happens.

got another story from that job hunt:

>interviewed with a company
>it takes them 1 month to get back to me with an offer
>between interviewing and getting an offer, I applied to another company, interviewed, and had been working there for a week

I got a 'job' but they said it is freelance/contract work and they haven't given me any work to do.

This is what tends to happen in Australia because of all the workers rights bullshit.

What's the point in minimum wage when every organisation switches to contracts instead of full time employment so they don't have to pay minimum wage or benefits?

Management here.

Shit like this happens when you have an unexpected fireing/quit. Ideally you want to groom employees from the bottom, or hire straight out of college and groom from there. However, when SHTF, you go into the backlog, find what you are looking for, and spam.

Even if it's 6 months old, out of 1000 applicants you will find about 10 who's circumstances led them to be jobless or not have found a job yet. Normally these employees are shiftless and shit, but occasionally you will find a gem this way.

Furthermore, fuck HR.