German or french: Which language should i learn first?

German or french: Which language should i learn first?

Other urls found in this thread:

pt.duolingo.com/course/de/pt/Aprenda-Alemão-Online
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

german is retarded to learn and speak

at least french will get you laid

German if you want to work
French if you want to fuck

french since more countries speak it, and it's soo much similar to english so it will be a little bit easier

Why do you say that?

Learn Arabic instead. No one speaks French in France anymore anyway.

Bonsoir ami rital, c'est assez Français pour toi, ça, copain ?

french if you are gay and want to fuck gays
german if you are gay and want to get fucked by syrians

>tfw I understood that sentence perfectly without need for translation

Fucking lexical similarity.

Wait...do syrians fuck you?

I find German more logical but English is my native language, for romancefags it's a tough language

Also I learn Norwegian

You understand the word "rital" ? :^)

meh

It's a cool language

Is it true that french people don't like english speakers?

Yes I did, crapaud.

No

why should I dislike an American, an Aussie or a leaf ?

french, because diplomacy, culture, science and number of speakers

Italy in charge of banter x)

>learn first

Well, if you are going to learn both anyways I would recommend to learn German first. Maybe you can learn fast enough to put it into use before there is not Germany anymore.

You already know English and Portuguese. French will be a cakewalk for you

Don't you dislike English people?

Deutsch is recht schwer desu
enorme Flektionen, kompilzierte Adjektive...
What do you think of?

What do you think?

meme answer : huuuuuuuuuur yea they out eternal rival england first french colony hahaha plantagenêts were french just like the normans hahahaha

serious answer : nah, I like them

I think..........
German is certainly difficult, but I found it's totally interesting.
as you know, German is quite close to English, so easy to learn, at the biginning

I like classic Musik so much, deshalb I've learned it.
Why did you have an interest in two languages?

German of course.

I want to learn a new language,.

pt.duolingo.com/course/de/pt/Aprenda-Alemão-Online

>logical
>arbitrary genders assigned to every object and more random than Romance/Slavic genders
>drastically different syntax (SOV) for subordinate clauses for no reason
>two digit numbers pronounced in reverse
>wildly varying dialects that are gibberish to the standard
I like German but the Ordnung is a lie.

but Portugese and French belong to Romance Languages jo
I reccomend French

Based Japan is here again
Also can you please send a vocaroo of you speaking French ,for scientific purpose only

>Speaking French
omg I cannot speak
I can German desu
die deutsche Sprache

German sounds fun to yell in

Come on it will be fun

That's what you get when you are the country of poets and philosophers while the standard High German is developed.

Hanky panky rules instead of good ol "I must unite all umlauts under one banner" autism.

>learn first
So, you want to learn both in the end?

Honestly, it depends on which one you need more immediately.

I studied Spanish for a year, because I was watching Breaking Bad and wanted to understand those Mexicans firsthandedly.
>tfw last season the foreign moments were mostly in German

English.

learn French, it'll be easier for you as a Portukek speaker
then go for German when you have some language learning experience

> "I must unite all umlauts under one banner"

KEK

But there's nothing wrong with local dialects. It spices things up a bit. Just the fact that a bread roll has varying names depending on your region is pretty cool.

OP, you'll have an easier time with French obviously, far more similar. Then again, German might be interesting since there are still a few German enclaves in Brazil from what I've heard, maybe it'll allow you to See them from a different Perspective, delve into the culture some more?

>implying it's not the reverse

The reason we got so fucked is basically because all of africa speak french.

What dialect is the true expression of German autism then? The allemanic dialects use the umlauts more often for plurals and preserved a proper subjunctive, yes? They also took the Lautverschiebung all the way out of pure ocd. But that's in Switzerland.

None.

Learn welsh :3 join the master race

t. Muhammad

learn english

What they don't like is when people come to their country and don't even bother trying to word simple phrases in French.
>Excusez-moi, je ne parle pas francais. Parlez-vous anglais?
is mostly enough and the French are suddenly the nicest people ever.
>Excuse me, I don't speak French. Do you speak English.
will just make them act like they don't understand and walk away.

this x1000

Even if i speak incorrectly?

arabic so you can communicate in both countries equally well

slavic genders are not random, they are easy to grasp most of the time just by the sound of the word

feminine nouns mostly end with -a, and the rest are mostly masculine, neutrum nouns end in -e or -e

yes, because what is important is the fact that you are trying, it's just about respect

That's what I said, read it again. German genders are often weird and unpredictable with some fleeting patterns to follow while the Romance and Slavic languages have pretty consistent patterns with the word suffixes mapping to genders.

Serbian, so you can get bombed by nato.

Both will be useful in Europe, but outside Europe, french is more useful.
But who cares about that if you already speak english.
The best would be to speak both of course.

Does german people dislike people who only speak english in their country?

serbian so we can bomb your house

Not according to the cliché though it's not unlikely.
It's mostly a French thing to expect foreigners coming to our country to at least try to say 3 basic survival sentences in our tongue.
It's linked to our history, French always competed with English to be the world's "lingua franca", both languages have been used as a mean of colonionalism and are "imperialistic languages" (i.e. the otehrs are expected to learn it, not the other way around).
So yeah, trying to speak French is a mark of respect when you come here.

don't expect every german you meet to be able to speak english

Lonely alien Basque, sitting there away from the others.

Neat map

>german
>spoken only in some countries in Europe

>french
>spoken around the world

it's clear which you should choose

I'm taking French courses because for my head it makes so much more sense and I want to live in Francophone city.
Also it helps to learn other languages because latin and shit.

German since if you can speak German and English you can basically speak Dutch and Flemish and Danish and Austrian desu

Dunno, I learned french for 7 years in school. It's pretty difficult, especially because it's one of those languages where you don't speak the words like they are written.
And German, well it's my mother tongue, so I don't know how difficult it is to learn.

So original. I haven't heard this joke for the 100034th time.

Shut the fuck up. I'm so tired of being disrespected on this goddamn website. All I wanted to do was post my opinion. MY OPINION. But no, you little bastards think it's "hilarious" to mock those with good opinions. My opinion. while not absolute, is definitely worth the respect to formulate an ACTUAL FUCKING RESPONSE AND NOT JUST A SHORT MEME OF A REPLY. I've been on this site for 4 years: 4 YEARS and I have never felt this wronged. It boils me up that I could spend so much time thinking and putting effort into things while you shits sit around (probably jerking off to Gardevoir or whatever furbait you like) and make fun of the intellectuals of this world. I've bored you? Good for fucking you. Literally no one cares that your little brain is to underdeveloped and rotted to comprehend my idea...MY GREAT GREAT IDEA. I could sit here all day whining, but I won't. I'm NOT a whiner. I'm a realist and an intellectual. I know when to call it quits and to leave the babybrains to themselves. I'm done with this goddamn site and you goddamn immature children. I have lived my life up until this point having to deal with memesters and idiots like you. I know how you work. I know that you all think you're
"epik trolls" but you're not. You think you baited me? NAH. I've never taken any bait. This is my 100% real opinion divorced from anger. I'm calm, I'm serene. I LAUGH when people imply I'm intellectually low enough to take bait. I always choose to reply just to spite you. I won. I've always won. Losing is not in my skillset. So you're probably gonna reply "lol epik trolled" or "u mad bro" but once you've done that you've shown me I've won. I've tricked the trickster and conquered memery. I live everyday growing stronger to fight you plebs and low level trolls who are probably 11 (baby, you gotta be 18 to use Sup Forums). But whatever, I digress. It's just fucking annoying that I'm never taken serious on this site, goddamn.

>Dutch and Flemish and Danish and Austrian

Austrian I believe and Dutch when it's written, but Danish and Flemish?

Choose German OP, but I only say that because i cannot into french pronunciation

Dutch

Flemish is Dutch dumb cunt

>Austrian
U wot m8? They speak (an ugly hillbilly dialect of) German, you know?

If by Austrian he means the dialect there then not even that. I believe it's too divergent to be understandable but they speak regular German too.

Definitely not Danish

Please help me I can't for the life of me find basque there

Eus for Euskara, the language endonym. It's on the left by Romance and connected to Spanish, Galician and one other place.