Leaving it all behind

so how hard is it in this day and age to just one day say "fuck it all" and leave your wife/house/job/shitty neighbors,etc and start fresh without all the baggage somewhere else? Obviously I know you gotta plan shit out in advance, stash money away, get your data copied to a portable device,etc. It just as simple as one day telling the wife, "off to work sweetie" but hitting the interstate/airport instead? I'm trying to get ideas cause I know in the future I'll be sick of it all, the job, the wife,the whole shitty scene.

Thanks to the information age you can never escape waht you have done, you can never start over.

>You better start believing in sob stories user, your in one.

Im curious too. In particular, how much money should one start out with before doing this, and should you keep your vehicle or maybe even trade it for one easier to live in like a van or suv.

In January I will be getting 3000 from taxes and was considering moving across the country, with no job lined up

>Thanks to the information age
Even with information age, governments can't keep track of terrorists;
yet alone civilians keeping track of a relative who wants to start a new life under a new identity in some other place thousands of miles away.

change your name when you get to the new place and dump all your previous social media accounts which you shouldn't have had in the first place

Bumping for curiosity's sake

>Even with information age, governments can't keep track of terrorists
governments know within days who is an who is not a terrorist based on one's searches on google.
Problem is, terrorist acts mean people want bigger gov, which means gov gets more power. Therefore gov agents don't do anything about terrorists because terrorists benefit them.

>yet alone civilians keeping track of a relative who wants to start a new life under a new identity in some other place thousands of miles away.
your face is in a database with facial imaging software tht can track you, if even so much as 1 picture of you is taken in your new start, people will know EXACTLY where you are.

Remember how easy it was for Sup Forums to find shia?

too bad a single passive picture with your face in it will instantly get you re-mapped by google.

>b-but no one will take a picutre of me
Smart Phone + Selfies + Public = you in the database.

honestly as long as you never get married to begin with, you can just give your workplace a 2 weeks notice and go somewhere else without too much fuss.

are you trying to run away from the CIA or from your relatives? stop being a strawman, they won't find you cause your vague shadow shows up in some kid's selfie

Pol found Shia because Shia is a celebrity you puff. Random people talk about celebrities when they see them.
You think people in a city of over 100 000 will all stop once average Joe #37219505271 with a new identity comes in and start discussing his real name and identity online after a skywizard endowed them with knowledge and random curiosity towards him?
Get a fuck grip.

Also governments don't know shit. Even with all their technology they don't know shit and can't stop shit. When a man with intent wants to do something, no surveillance and magical crystal balls on this planet will stop them until AFTER the fact.

I moved across the country with 1000 dollars to my name.

I stayed on a friend's couch for a month and worked a shitty restaurant job until I found a sysadmin job at a datacenter in my new town.

You can easily do it with 3000

I moved from Alabama to Montana btw

Lots of people who disappear and are reported missing by their family are actually just starting over somewhere else, it's certainly doable if you plan it right.

How did you get there? did you have your own vehicle or did you take a train/bus?

You and i both know that some whore will take a pic of you in her selfie for attention, then you are once more logged.
Can't bring your own tech with you either, they have associated IP with user.
Wish i were being paranoid, but i have lived a life without a single picture of me and some bitch took a picture of me for her fag-book selfies. Following that i long in on fag-book for the first time and they know EVERYTHING about me, even things i have nary said to a living soul!
How the fuck did they do it user?

Also governments don't know shit.

they know more than they may let on.
Check systems and see that they knew who would make the next jihad attempt in london and where, because deepmind predicted it. Too bad dumb shits like you don't comprehend their reach.

They dont need to have someone post a pic of you on fag-book even, there are CCTV cameras everywhere in every city, and every survaillange camera in the world is selling its data to big gov because it is lucrative.

4 + 4 = 8, surveillance + big gov = prolapsed anus.
Open your eyes and see just how fucked you are.

Bump, because I plan on doing this, before the end of the year. I know your pain, OP.

why run away? The only thing stopping you is your wife really. Just divorce her and your free to go. The only real baggage is your wife, and you should really divorce her if you plan to a real fresh start.

Had my own vehicle. The drive was pretty shitty but the gas in total was only about $200

>Following that i long in on fag-book for the first time and they know EVERYTHING about me, even things i have nary said to a living soul!
>How the fuck did they do it user?

Because of your browsing history and mining-cookies you stupid fuck.

or just dig a ditch in the forest and bury her there

YOU CAN'T ESCAPE, NO MATTER HOW HARD YOU TRY.

just move to Alaska that's literally what the state is for

seconded

>YOU CAN'T ESCAPE, NO MATTER HOW HARD YOU TRY.
Average people aren't privy to government information and surveillance data, and this discussion is about flipping the bird to relatives, coworkers, and generally the city you are from, you fucktarded tinfoilhat.

>Because of your browsing history and mining-cookies you stupid fuck.
kept a clean cache, avoided google, used duckduckgo+vpn+TOR lived a life outside of my room.
Still got logged.
fuck me.

Prove me wrong user, start anew and post back here.

You can't keep a clean cache because the process before cache-cleaning is already transmitted and stored you stupid fuck.

You may avoid Google but you can't avoid other corporate cookies and mining code,
nor the ISP which you use and their documentation.

Duckduckgo are also spying, as i remember a scandal about them, and VPN+TOR worked about as well for the kiddie fuckers a few months back as it does for you.

You've said plenty to many souls, on the Interent.

I will. Even my family can't find me as it is now. I just want to escape this shitty marriage . My bitch is crazy and a adderall/booze fiend. I just can't take it anymore.

flower vase to the head and problem solved

so if i am tracked by every company, then what is the point of trying to escape. Inevitably for work in my new life i will use the internet, and then im back to square 1 and my boss will start to ask why i changed my name and moved.
roofie her, set the house on fire, and run.

>old coworker moved away from Alaska from parole over sex crimes to fucking North Dakota
>worked under a different name
>they still found him

Seemed like a decent guy when we were out for drinks, if a bit odd.

Running away?

Pathetic.

sex offenders are fucked though, they're listed on several sites

Go to a third world country. Become an english teacher. Done.
How much money do you have? Dollars go a long way in the third world. If you have a few thousands, you have enough for rent during a year, which should be enough time to get your shit together in your new city.

be prepared, a divorce will mean lawyers and all the bills that go with that plus she'll get half your shit. Stash money away without leaving a paper trail ahead of time before you go the divorce route. Also wtf, murder is way outta the question, it'll bring far worse problems down on you than it'll solve.

>how hard is it in this day and age to just one day say "fuck it all" and leave your wife/house/job/shitty neighbors,etc and start fresh without all the baggage somewhere else
Gloriously easy, though child support will follow you because obviously they should, being a parent carries certain responsibilities.
>Obviously I know you gotta plan shit out in advance, stash money away, get your data copied to a portable device,etc
I left one country and started life in a new country instantly courtesy of my skills. I was given a relocation package to pay for my ticket and my first two months rent. They paid for a hotel for the first two weeks.

This shit couldn't be simpler nowadays, you just have to not be a useless waste of flesh.

Nope. I'm just going to disappear. I've got plenty of money. I don't care about the house, and I have no kids. I'm done with this crap, it's like living in a horror movie.

Not that guy but someone who moved countries to get away from everything. I had dug my heels in, fully aware that I'd get my teeth kicked in. For my loyalty I was rewarded with two references that would give me any job I wanted. When the dust settled, I was just sick of the pervasive passive aggressive culture that was present in my country.

Just a heads up, Scandinavians are spineless pricks that will never face a personal issue head on. They'll smile to your face and bitch about you behind your back.

>This shit couldn't be simpler nowadays, you just have to not be a useless waste of flesh.
This desu. The "going to an unknown place" isn't as dangerous because with the internet you can learn about the place and make preparations before going there.
Part of me longs for a fresh start too, but my parents are old, I'm their only child, and if I leave they're going to suffer too much without me.

Fun fact: all marriages are fucking awful. My wife is about as good as I can possibly expect, but ultimately I'd rather just save my money and jerk off.

Just shut up and deal with it like the rest of us, and wait for her to OD.

ok mane i was just shitposting, also if you need a vehicle just buy some old toaster with cash at a used cars dealership don't rent shit or you'll make it easier for her to track you with the credit card info or just by asking the renting agency

I'm not getting a divorce! I'm just leaving! Fuck that mess, this bitch is INSANE, but she's too caught up in acting like a meth-head to be bothered with tracking me down. Sad thing is, I was actually considering suicide at one point. Didn't take too long to realize how dumb of a reaction that is.

>this bitch is insane

All women are insane you fucking idiot, what did you expect when you married her?

>no kids
Why don't you divorce her then? Why something as dramatic as running away?
If you feel you're in danger because of this crazy bitch, get a restraining order or something.

>Just a heads up, Scandinavians are spineless pricks that will never face a personal issue head on. They'll smile to your face and bitch about you behind your back.

Sounds like the average person.

Everyone smiles, or plays it cool...

Everyone deep down hates you.

That's life.

>Just shut up and deal with it like the rest of us
No way, fucker, I've wasted too much time with this (10 years).

>Sounds like the average person.
No, most other nationalities will not stoop to the level exhibited by Scandinavians. They tear each other apart because all of them are bitching about one another. If you leave the room, they will bitch about you. Then the ones listening will tell you in an attempt to curry favour. It's downright pathetic.

Trips is superior to dubs, tripposter speaks truth.

Because a divorce involves sort of a waiting period, if you will, that will only allow her time to clean me out of money. I have a sizeable nest egg she does not know about yet. Get lawyers involved, and there goes my safety barrier. I can walk right now with a years wages and not worry about surviving.

>No, most other nationalities will not stoop to the level exhibited by Scandinavians.
Meh southern europeans are as much backstabbing if not worse. It won't get any better in most places.
For all the shit people give about murrikans they're actually pretty nice even if a bit cold and distant before you get to know them.
t. someone who's lived in 3 continents

My gf and me are planning on getting married. we live together now. thing is that she's like "when i turn 30 I want to have kids" where as I'm not all that into the whole kids thing. I like them, just don't want them. She's kinda over doing it on the drinking to, though she's not the falling down, mean type drunk, she just drinks a bit then goes to bed. but still after awhile it'll get to you. She's already told her parents about getting married and stuff, me I'm kinda on the fence about it all cause I know it'll only be problems. Her wanting kids and me not and the whole drinking thing.

Yeah, don't marry her. That's not going to work.

Don't fucking get married.
If you get married you are in for a life long contract in exchange for a small tax break and if it goes wrong it's gonna cost you a hell lot more than what you saved.

>years wages
I still say you should try your luck in the third world. This kind of money goes a long way here.
Just find a city with a high HDI and you are set. For example, I live in Blumenau (Brazil), which is supposed one of the best cities in this country to live. This city never had slavery, so the criminality is low, the city is safe, has lots of IT jobs, is near the beaches (without having beach cities problems), has friendly people, decent culture, lots of things to do, and far enough from shitholes like Rio.
If you have $30k saved, that's about R$97k, which is enough to live like middle class (eating out everyday etc) for 32 months, assuming you spend R$3000/month. More than enough time to find a job.

what country did you move to?

Thanks to online banking I've got a decent (though not huge) nest egg hidden away with no paper trail that no one knows about. Just one little item marked on my taxes makes note of it and that's it. I could go anywhere in the US or outside (I guess) and access it with no one having a clue. Guess I could get a prepaid credit card, load it up to the max to avoid carrying large wad of cash and using online job search tools, potentially setting up a job ahead of time.

I was actually considering that. Oddly enough I work for a global company who opened a plant in Brazil. I was thinking of approaching them about working there in my current role. Do many people speak english there? I don't think I could learn another language quickly enough to get by.

Have you ever heard of Donald Draper OP?

>bank
>marked on taxes
>no paper trail

what did he mean by this?

>Do many people speak english there?
Not really unfortunately, but it depends on the city. It's pretty common between young people from middle class (american "culture" is all they consume), but older people usually don't know a lick of english.
If it's an actual pro job, you would need to learn portuguese to communicate with your co-workers, or at least the people who work with you would need to know english while you don't learn english.

>ywn meditate with Don after running away to the other side of the country

Make her hit you and get a restraining order.

But, honestly, if you were that dumb to marry a crazy cunt you are probably too dumb to carry out what you are planning

why on earth would this belong in Sup Forums

She wasn't always a loon, she was prescribed adderall to help prevent her from falling asleep behind the wheel (long story). For whatever reason, she took up binge drinking shortly after. It's been going on for years and it get's really scary sometimes. Think, The Exorcist meets Misery. I live in the country and have pretty much nowhere to go to escape from it.

Well, you have it right there, bud. Just keep in mind you are not that good at predicting stuff, also, if this has been going for years you might be subject for holding things up way too long.

Running away is never an option. Get a divorce, tell your family, boss, neighbours to eet fuk and get a new life in front of them, you will feel better about yourself in the end, just my 2 cents.

much easier if you leave the country

Just watch American Beauty and you'll understand

I'm not running away from family or other social shit. I'm just getting tired of the normie rat race.

I was going to become a "digital nomad" and/or buy a big ass van and live out of it. I just want my free time, cheap tech, and freedom to move around. the way I see it you can live on a minimal/inconsistent income if your living expenses are extremely low. best way to have low living expenses is to not pay rent. which means either living with family or friends for free or being homeless. I might have to be homeless one day so I was thinking of the best way to live out of my car.

my real dream is to get a remote job that pays well enough that I could be a 2nd world traveling bum, all I would need is enough for cheap rent and internet access.

Better settle a business that you can run remotely while you cross-tie walk the world

You americans complicate things so much, holy shit.
>save $200k
>move to the third world
>buy bonds from their country
>they pay 5.69%/year + inflation
>the interest is paid each semester
>that's $948/ month
>the money is always paired with inflation
>more than enough for a single guy to spend his days jerking off and watching animu in some comfy third world city far away from the dangerous places
Why do you think third worlders try to enter the US by the droves?
They can literally be set for their lives by working a few years there.

It would be easier and cheaper than ever with shit like google maps and AirBnB.
If you don't want any contact with your past life, just delete all your social media accs. Done deal

>Open your eyes and see just how fucked you are.
Nice tinfoil hat you got there user

>he thinks most americans have the means to save 200k

>gas
>$200

This guy has no idea what he's talking about and he's making shit up.

this. most amerimongrels just shit out kids because they are too stupid to use condoms. they end up living paycheck to paycheck and the kids are sent off to work as soon as legally possible only to repeat the same lifestyle of their parents. if they are shitskins they purposely shit out more kids for welfare.

>save $200k

>guys should I run away
>I wanna get away from it all
>me and my fucking $200k in savings have had enough of it all

Actually white americans are having less kids than ever hence mexicans and blacks replacing them in the next 20 years it's more just that it's impossible to get ahead in america without luck/having a reasonable amount of money from the beginning.

Wait for another 9/11. You just know some of those guys just melted away to be beach bums in Florida

it is possible, but amerimongrels have this retarded "tradition" of kicking their kids out at 18 years of age. that might have worked fine in the past when the US was an industrialized nation, but not anymore.

the kids are stuck either taking shit jobs and working paycheck to paycheck, going for some bullshit degree because there's no one to tell them better, or in the best case joining the military where their superiors will babysit them so they might turn out half decent. US is exactly like every other country in americas right now. if you have money it's great. if you don't it sucks and you'll be surrounded by shit people that will make your life even worse.

>kicking their kids out at 18 years of age
You're literally talking out your ass iIt's not at all uncommon for kids to live with their parents past 18, in fact kids have stopped moving out and getting married recently to the point where it's becoming a problem. Try reading the news sometime.

i never said no one stays at home past 18, fagtron. what i said is that amerimongrels have the tradition of giving their kids the boot at 18, which is true.

can confirm, am 18, am getting the boot

I'm barely there, I'm everywhere.

>what i said is that amerimongrels have the tradition of giving their kids the boot at 18, which is true.
No you dumbass it's not, most people stay with their parents until they have a stable enough job to move out and even then in cases where kids do move out they're often still supported by their parents financially, almost no one gets kicked out, but keep telling yourself that when there's plenty of articles out there on it, you uninformed simpleton.

>but keep telling yourself that when there's plenty of articles out there on it
that's why you linked them all, right?

>being this coddled

to make $200k quickly you either have to have a nice gig/scam going or you have to already be a career man and thus wouldn't be the kind to do that anyways. your average young guy who doesn't have parents money and/or has been saving since they were 13 will take many years to build up 200k considering most income will go to living expenses. hell most "normal" americans with careers barely have any or no saving, I'm talking like 1-5k emergency money sitting in some bank account.

believe me if I had 200k inherited or something I would have done that.

There's no need for all that. Just take everyone who's making your life miserable out fishing. Then have a tragic boating accident.

You just go pussy. Leave your cellphone somewhere and clean out the bank account and just walk.

This senpai

People who are drug addicts die easily, they just "accidently" OD

You think facebook will forget who you were?

As a 28 year old guy who's just come out of another serious relationship and is wondering if getting married, having kids or even being with someone is something I actually want to do, this is the most interesting thread I've read in a long time.

I did such a thing and it is hard unless you happen to be transgender like me. Basically I never opened bank accounts, signed up for anything, or had a criminal record. I was born in California and I changed my legal name and gender then moved to Seattle Washington. No one had a trace on me. I got my degrees changed over, my license and insurance. In fact I had trouble passing a few credit reports and background checks since I literally had no record. I changed my phone number too.....

I did it ......

I have an advantage than you do because California does not publish tranny name changes to the public so with that loop hole I was able to make a new life.

This is a really fucking unique thread

My car got ~35mpg and roughly 400 miles to the tank. The trip was roughly 2100 miles. I filled up 6 times total.

Basic math must elude you.

>so how hard is it in this day and age to just one day say "fuck it all" and leave your wife/house/job/shitty neighbors,etc and start fresh without all the baggage somewhere else?

it's simple! i gave up my computer and phone, and i don't even have access to the internet anymore. everything improved overnight!

pic related, it's me and my friends lined up outside the kathmandu apple store for a product launch

>pack things
>move, far
>tell no one
it's really that simple, but if you use social media you will easily be located at some point.

It's extremely inconsiderate to just leave the people that love and care about you without even a goodbye OP

show this thread to your wife