Thinkpad retards would rather pay ~500 bucks for a 720p TN panel or even more for a 1080p screen when they could just...

>thinkpad retards would rather pay ~500 bucks for a 720p TN panel or even more for a 1080p screen when they could just buy a used macbook pro and get
-way higher resolution
-backlit keyboard
-a SSD
-overall better design
-a magnetic charging cable
>b-but a used thinkpad actually sells for less!
yeah you can get thinkpads for about 150~300 but that doesn't mean they won't be 720p trash without all the before mentioned functions.
I don't fucking care if you don't like OSX you can install pretty much any GNU/Linux distro on a macbook and even windows works fine on it.

Other urls found in this thread:

usedmac.com
shop.computeroverhauls.com
powermax.com
forum.thinkpads.com/viewtopic.php?f=45&t=122224.
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Website is usedmac.com
There's also shop.computeroverhauls.com with similar prices and powermax.com

>a SSD
retard alert

*on some models you fucking mongrel
You can upgrade to a SSD if you want as well.
The macbook air is supposed to be used as a internet browsing machine, media consumption, programming and other light tasks, if it overheats it's probably because a baby like you is trying to use it to play your shitty vydia or don't know that video editors use desktops/macbook pros.

>t. mactoddler subhuman

Literally meme keyboard for HTML hipsters who type at 20 wpm.

t. greasy neckbeard who still lives with his parents :^)

Both max and thinkpads are shit
just buy tablet with keyboard
>Last longer
>support win,linux
>high resolution
>Is not gay
>cost less

>way higher resolution
Agree, thinkpad screens are utter shit
>SSD
Only one? a memepad can use 3 at the same time.

All your other points are stupid shit for retards like backlit keyboards.

memepads can also run macos if you're into that by the way

It should be 'an SSD'. Clearly you're a nigger whose first language isn't English, and if is, then you're legitimately retarded. It's time for you to stop shilling here. How much are you getting paid anyway?

it is the ssd actually.you have shit for brains.
greetings from britain.

I'm talking about the OP, muhummad.

With the money that you could use to buy those 3 SSDs you could just buy one with higher storage
also,
>what are external drives
You also forgot to mention:
>buy a new laptop
>gotta get used to the keyboard layout
>it's a non-backlit keyboard
>want to use my computer at night but I'm still not used to the keyboard layout

>when he's lacking counter arguments and so desperate that he resorts to calling people out on their grammar

>way higher resolution
Not needed unless you're editing photos

>backlit keyboard
lmao he looks at his keyboard when he types

>a SSD
Think of all the time you could save so you can waste it later shitposting and watching anime.

>overall better design
lmao fucking poser

>a magnetic charging cable
Are you blind or something? Suffering from Parkinson's?

good thing this $115 chinkpad has an overhead lamp to illuminate not only the keys, but surrounding workspace, and the same iconic keyboard layout since 1992.

>becomes a non-issue after using your laptop for a week

>he never used a new keyboard at night
It's for having a reference point, if you're still getting used to the keyboard you won't need to light up the room to keep typing on it.
Yeah but then you're still stuck with a shitty 720p TN panel and a power cord that would bring your laptop down and crash it altogether on the floor as soon as someone bumped into the cord lmao

>paid for a vaio z 11" for less than $700 during the bankruptcy
>1080p ips
>touch screen
>700g carbon fibre
>macbook air btfo

I own both.

W510~ W530 supports 1080P TN panels that has better gamut and contrast than current $1000 laptops. It will cost you $150~$250. 1080P included.

T420~T430 should only cost you $120. Roughly $200 after the WQHD (1440p) kits comes out later this year.

T420s/T430s kits are out. $225~ total cost after upgrades. FHD and WQHD.

T540p cost $200 and a 3k IPS upgrade will bring the total to $350.

There are a few more gems but I'm currently bidding on them so I can't share.

The only MacBooks that are worth buying are Retina ones and they start at $800 . I own one myself but for $800 you can also get a P50 with Quadro Maxwell graphics and a 4k IPS panel.

>shitty 720p TN
its got an ips
>power cord
somehow i've made it this far without yanking any laptop i've owned off the desk like a fucking spazz

>after the WQHD (1440p) kits comes out later this year
wat

Honestly, I still don't see the point to >1080p displays on laptops.
Like, I guess it works in very specific use-cases, or critical professional usages, but none of those would be cases or uses I'd want a Macbook Pro for.

I've got a 15" Matte 1680x1050 sandy vag Macbook I got for a Christmas Present while I was in uni, and my Desktop with a 4K Samsung. The Macbook does everything I would want to do on a laptop just fine, and being able to boot-camp it is fantastic. But I really wouldn't care to spend my own money on another Macbook, used or not. I think the newer "retina display" screens are retarded and gimmicky, and I've genuinely not a fan of how Macbooks age. I've had to put a strip of electrical tape over the top edge, because the aluminum cuts into my wrists uncomfortably now, and there are a bunch of permanent dents in it from being in my bag everday for the last 5-6 years.

Genuinely, I think I'm going to spend the money on either Thinkpad, or Surface (or surface competitor) when this finally bites the bullet.

>reference point
Lol buy a desk lamp. Helps with eye strain too.

Yeah I just out about them earlier this week.

forum.thinkpads.com/viewtopic.php?f=45&t=122224.

In a few months people will be running $225 1440p ips ThinkPads with a 3.8ghz sandy bridge quad core and 8 hour battery life with a 9 cell. They'll come home and combine with the egpu dock.

Funny how you mention that even though the websites I just mentioned sell 2560x1600 res macbooks for less than 800$...
High res on windows = almost non noticeable shit font rendering.

Those are for the s models though.

By the way, you didn't mention how's the battery life on those T4XX thinkpads once they get display upgrades.

Read the thread nigga. The thread is about opening orders (again) for the s kits. Non s kits are FULLY functional now but the guy is trying to get a more efficient method working. If it doesn't work he'll just release the higher power consumption model.

With 9 cells and causal browsing:

W series
5-6 hours with quadro
8+ hours with igp

T series:
8+ hours

Best part is you can just swap out the batteries and get instantly 8 hours.

Oh wow, it's even less than the macbook air.

It's probably on par since you're comparing used MacBooks and with the savings you can have multiple ThinkPads in your backpacks

Because cetain thinkpads can be run withhout any form of NON-FREE
SOFTWARE. Namely these:

Lenovo ThinkPad X60/X60s
Lenovo ThinkPad X60 Tablet
Lenovo ThinkPad T60 (some exceptions)
Lenovo ThinkPad X200
Lenovo ThinkPad R400
Lenovo ThinkPad T400
Lenovo ThinkPad T500
Lenovo ThinkPad W500

However keep in mind you can also run completely free as in freedom sofware on these non-thinkpad laptops.

ASUS Chromebook C201
Apple MacBook1,1
Apple MacBook2,1
(I will give apple credit for making essentiaklly and x60 in a shiny case with the apple logo)

You can also acheive full freedom with these desktop PC's.

Gigabyte GA-G41M-ES2L motherboard
Intel D510MO motherboard
ASUS KCMA-D8 motherboard
Intel D945GCLF
Apple iMac 5,2

I'd rather invest a little more in a real laptop.
You can get a well equipped T450s for 800 Euros, that has 3 times a macbook's battery life (at similar prices), back-lit keyboard, better ergonomics (keyboard and track point) and a matte screen.

If you actually took a look at the pictures and websites you'd notice that the pricing is actually good.
also, I'd rather have a device that properly supports macOS than a something that will eventually break with hackintosh.
For canadians and brits there's actually good refurbished/used prices on amazon.

>MacBook Air
I get easily 8+ hours of max brightness, multiple browsers (each 20 tabs), acrobat, ide, PowerPoint and spotify on my 9 cell T450s.

yeah, you got a high resolution screen that is 100% useless for anything other than pure osx.

use vm's? use rdp? use ANYTHING other than just osx and terminal? its useless

not to mention linux itself is 100% dogshit at scaling so the 'just reinstall linux' argument (which doesnt even work depending on model/gpu) is completely useless as well

im trying to sell my retina macbook and then buy a 1080 thinkpad

I really don't care about the way my font looks?

Like, I'm going to be dead serious with you. I really like OSX/MacOS. It's a great operating system for the sort of casual BS I would do on a laptop, a computer for use when I'm not at home.
It's ability to render font better than windows, is about the most useless feature anyone has ever told me about it. And I've been told I can use an Apple remote to skip tracks and play/pause itunes from across the room with it.
It is about as inconsequential to me as whether or not my neighbors 4 houses down from me took a shit last Tuesday. It really, REALLY does not matter. Seriously, if you showed me a photo of my 4K screen, displaying a website in Safari under MacOS on my macbook, and Chrome under Windows 10 on my desktop, it would be a 50/50 guess from me any day, if I couldn't see some part of the UI that would give it away.

Debating font rendering sounds about as autistic as audiophiles debating how warm the mid-bass drop-off is between two different clock radio systems.

>buy thinkpad for 200$
>resell it for a way lower price because used thinkpads can't retain proper value on the market.
>buy used macbook for a cheap price
>resell it and regain almost 3/4 of the money spent

>resell
Fuck off macpoorfag.

that only works if you are one of those idiots who upgrades every 1-2 years

>buy thinkpad for 200$
>resell it for a way lower price because used thinkpads can't retain proper value on the market.
>buy used macbook for 400$
>internal battery leaks acid on motherboard and breaks everything day after warranty expires

>he somehow thinks the majority of the upper class doesn't use mainly apple devices
>he's using retards who pay full price for apple products to prove his point even though I never suggested anyone to pay full price
>what happens with one device will for some reason happen with every single one of them
way to prove your point retard

>Can't werks without battery
MBP and Apple in general is about planned obsolescence and you advise me to buy a used crap. Retard.