AI n shiet

Hey guys, General Thoughts on Artificial Intelligence and the Future of Humanity?

youtube.com/watch?v=PMcPsNdKqa0&

youtube.com/watch?v=BF2aq0-vv5s&

youtube.com/watch?v=jJX1N5PBpr8

> AI leading to automation and replacing many jobs
> Hardly any industry will be immune
> Shift in social and economic dynamics

Is the future even bright?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=e-gio29nApk&feature=youtu.be
youtube.com/watch?v=wuvw1ALOSck
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

it's a scam

How so?

the first rule of pandora's box is always open it

xD

It is not box if you do not open it.

sam hyde got stoned in a car and made the best points about AI, to sum it up, once its created, it can change itself, and what it becomes is better than we can create ourselves. You cant catch up to it once its created, because what it changes itself into is infinitely better than what man can make.

He was repeating an amalgomation of lectures available online; don't give Hyde credit for the singularity meme

all ai/ml does is optimise for a given problem
whether it be by iteratively correcting for "expected - achieved" or pseduo-randomly iterating thorough a set of solutions and combining parts for new solutions
the only thing that actually correlates to real learning is probably reinforcement learning

I think thats a great point, and pulls one back to perspective - AI just really optimizes a solution to a problem set.

With some of the Deep/reinforcement learning, and huge swathes of data available paired with the 'AI arms race' perpetuated by industry, and im sure government - the question is to what extent the technology can be pushed, and what can be birthed out of pushing it to its logical extreme.

I still think AI will lead to a large displacement of human labor and thus we will need to restructure out society/economy heavily, and I believe this change will occur rapidly as the onset of tech/AI comes at exponential speeds

some nuggets of potential truth, but not original as said

not sure we have a choice with industry/gov't competing to be the best in an 'AI arms race'

not buggin out, plus the AI killbots are friendly towards you if you have a TI-83+ on your person

>I still think AI will lead to a large displacement of human labor and thus we will need to restructure out society/economy heavily, and I believe this change will occur rapidly as the onset of tech/AI comes at exponential speeds
absolutely
but those will at best be application specific development
what should be considered ai is when an algorithm can learn unknown tasks i.e. tasks that it was not specifically developed to optimise for
the entire name and field of ai and ai research has been normiefied bloating the name and function of ai

Yeah, we're on the cusp of having actual 'AI' at least in a rudimentary state in the public sector (and who knows whats done privately).

What do you think the role of the corporate oligarch's will be in the future? They have disproportionate economic and technological influence/power. Will they own us?

Vid related:

youtube.com/watch?v=e-gio29nApk&feature=youtu.be

Last conspiracy theory i heard is that the elite wants to create 2 separate races: the elite and their slaves. But I'm optimistic about this, it seems that stopping the distribution of technology to all people is as effective as keeping newfags out of imageboards.

>actual 'AI'
it will still not be efficient enough to be applied before the next computing revolution happens (le quantum meme) and until then it will only be a rudimentary
>Will they own us?
you are a fool if you think they dont own us already
that being said, the third world is already enslaved by the corporate conglomerates in terms of labour, i doubt most of it will be replaced by computers and robots within our lifetimes because even if a factory of robots are more efficient and faster than a factory of vietnamiese kids, the fact remains that it will still be more cost effective to use the kids than buying and maintaining the technology meant to replace them

this already exists to some degree, there is a great divide between the elite and the regular joe such that without the joe doing anything extraordinary, he can never achieve elitism
the separation needs not be enforced any further

there is no 'rudimentary ai'. Intelligence is either on or off according to chomsky. The only intelligence humans know is humans and research hasn't even scratched the surface.

Its impossible to create Intelligence without first fully understanding the mechanisms of human intelligence.

"Noam Chomsky, a prominent proponent of discontinuity theory, argues that a single chance mutation occurred in one individual in the order of 100,000 years ago, installing the language faculty (a component of the mind–brain) in "perfect" or "near-perfect" form.

Most of what people propose as AI is not 'intelligence' but machines and programs designed to do a specific task

Soon we will all have everything done for us. Everything will be automated and thought for us, which will probably lead to idiocracy, or if we're lucky - chip implants that help us think faster and let us learn everything instantly from birth. Alongside CRISPR this could lead to an artificially-evolved species of humans that can do things we can't even imagine. That is if we don't nuke the shit out of ourselves first.

i also dont see people like Nick Bostrom coming up with any real groundwork for AI. Bostrom and others are AI philosophers, like rabbais and clergy who 'study' God all day.

I predict the next step for a better world is not to dream about creating AI but to augment or aid human intelligence via companies like Musk's Neuralink

universal basic income and sex bots

this, a thousand times this

the future is bright

Here's an actual talk about "AI":

infoq.com/presentations/myths-ai

I just hope our new synthetic overlords let me be a NEETlord after they take my job.

I hope so too :D

You see that BJ bot on worldstar? LOL vid below

world*hiphop.com/videos/video.php?v=wshhUi3k5TDAnsXD7i6W

ty will check out for sure

I'm always skeptical about visions of the future about AI from people that aren't somewhat vested in CS/Programming outside of general macro philosophical concepts. Chomsky is smart, but I doubt he knows what a neural network is.

Yeah it seems as the middle class is eroded (by design or naturally) this seems to be the dynamic playing out. Even working full time for a few hundred thousand/year compounding at ~8% you still need to work a decade plus saving everything to matter a tiny bit (outside of some successful entrepreneurship).

As far as I know moore's law is reaching its physical limit (capacity per chip due to atomic limitations) so something will need to happen to cause a paradigm shift (quantum, different materials, increasing scale, ect).

We're largely 'owned' but still have a huge degree of freedom, unfortunately it appears it is gradually eroded over time (again, not sure if by design, naturally, or both).

Yeah I think Universal basic income due to AI will lead to a large swathe of the population to become drooling idiots, however it will allow people of value to focus on their passions and allow for greater overall aggregate creativity. Along with AI designer babies will be interesting once we master the human genome (just another form of engineering super-intelligence).

Also to everyone in the thread, if you wouldn't mind helping a fellow neet pls sub to my shit tier channel about AI - starting this kinda stuff is slow will post vids daily.

youtube.com/watch?v=wuvw1ALOSck

>homsky is smart, but I doubt he knows what a neural network is.
I dont see how neural networks is in anyway close to intelligence