Pls respond. I want to discuss this

Pls respond. I want to discuss this.

South west dialect = similar to spanish
South east dialest = similar to italian
In the north you've got "dutch dialects" and in the east " german dialects"

Corsican is italian through and through tho

A lot of dialects in the center sound like Italian too. That was the thing which surprised me the most.

Governement decided that French was the official language of the republic, so they actively pushed it throughout the country. Regional languages suffered a great deal from it and only start to recover now.

yeah cool, thorougly breaking apart the last sense of unity France enjoyed through language to become a shithole like spain where every region think they're special snowflakes

Separatism is good. Italy should become city-states again.

You know everything isn't one extreme or the other, right ?

Regional languages are safe from extinction now, people can freely learn them as they're available in public school as well as in private courses, some cities even chose to use bilingual signs and street names ... but no other language than French will ever be an official language

>inb4 except Arabic amiright ??!!! xDD

By the way, why the hell aren't the dialects officially recognized as well though? All of ours are.

Because France is a highly centralized state. French has become an institution, it is the only official language of the country, that's what the Constitution says.

People are going to associate a lot less with france but rather to their linguistic region, it's going to promote independantism and will break the idea of a common french identity made of common interest. It'll be my region interest > other regions interest.

Look at Britanny, the Basque country or Corsica and their petty regionalism and independentism, they don't feel french anymore, they don't want to be part of the great body that is france mainly because of their linguistic exceptionalism.

Limousin should become the standard official language of France desu. It's the best sounding one.

Sounds like a retarded italian trying to speak french gibberish to me

>People are going to associate a lot less with france but rather to their linguistic region, it's going to promote independantism and will break the idea of a common french identity made of common interest. It'll be my region interest > other regions interest.

Well, I come from a region with a very strong regional identity and where the local language is still spoken to a rather large extent. Nobody, except maybe a couple of lunatics up in the mountains, feel like promoting independantism.

>Look at Britanny, the Basque country or Corsica and their petty regionalism and independentism
Yes, it's non existent. Corsica's regional party won the last regional elections, but they have never expressed any desire to break off the country. Every single region of France has its own dialects or languages, but French identity actually incorporates them.

It sounds gay, no thanks.

I'm Breton and only a few elders know breton, we feel mostly French. Regionalism is not as strong as you may think, plus with the recent reform of our regions (theyr number have decreased, some were merged together), the borders have changed quite arbitrarily thus reducing the independantism.
>People are going to associate a lot less with france but rather to their linguistic region
No, France is the birthplace of the idea of Nation, it is too deeply rooted to fade away like that.

Gascon, Orléanais or Percheron then.

>be occitan speaking landlord
>produce a huge body of literature
>adhere to cathar heresy
>get buttfucked by the crusaders
>watch as french speaking landlords become the dominant forces in france and enforce french as the language of the courts
>watch as the bourgeoisie decapitates the royal family, introduces "The French Nation-State" and suffocates regional languages

Still, french is beautiful, man. Best romance language along with italian.

pls.

>
Well, I come from a region with a very strong regional identity and where the local language is still spoken to a rather large extent. Nobody, except maybe a couple of lunatics up in the mountains, feel like promoting independantism.

Where are you from ? Savoie ? Basque country ?

>
Yes, it's non existent. Corsica's regional party won the last regional elections, but they have never expressed any desire to break off the country.

For the time being they don't clearly says it ( unlike most of the bretons i've met who really feel they are special snowflakes, corsicans don't feel part of the continent but still want its money)

>Every single region of France has its own dialects or languages, but French identity actually incorporates them.

I agree that frenchness has different meaning according to the region you're from, but it is closely related to the language.

In Spain, litterally every people are regionalist and the usual spearhead of their arguments is the language ( galicians,basques, catalan,or andalucian...) It's going to break the country as a whole because its identity is already fractionned by the too lenient dialects policies

Are you from Rennes by any chance ?

Because all the bretons i've met felt strongly breton, and were happy to wave their flags ( gwenn ha du ? ) for everything

They sound the best, faggot. Also, Mainot and Marchois as well.

To me sounds like retarded peasants speaking about how plebeians they are

Standard french sounds a lot more refined and classy

You have shit taste. Standard French sounds like they're guzzling cum.

I grew up in Northern Catalunya. Feeling like a special snowflakes is different than wanting the break the whole country apart. Spain is a decentralized country, where each regions has a lot of power and authority over many things. Regions in France are far from this level of autonomy.

>hurrr muh opinion
>durrr muh opinion
Listen, they're very accented dialects that might remind you of Italian. Great. In my opinion, while they're not the absolute worst, they're still not that great. All those variations and modulations just make it sound gay.

>gay
>from the fag that speaks like he has cum in his throat

I don't share your experience with swallowing cum.

>Pls respond. I want to discuss this.

Fuck off, you don't want to discuss anything. You want to spam your opinions and people to agree with it, otherwise it's all memes and golden lel. You started the thread, but the Spanish guy is actually the one that made it interesting, with actual questions and actual discussion.
You might as well leave now.

I'm giving my opinion on which dialects sounds the best. There's no need to be upset.

Fuck why wasn't I born in France?

Awesome, lovely, classy France!

I can't roll the letter R but I can do a perfect French R, I plan to speak French fluently too!

I have a talent for it my teacher always said!

I also just look like a Frenchie too!

My skin is much much whiter than the average Italian's and I'm also much more taller and beautiful too than the average Italian fuck.

Fuck, I would be the perfect Frenchie!

I also absolutely LOVE hairy pussies and croissants and bread with chocolate, I was born to be French, fuck it's all I've ever wanted, you Frenchies don't know how blessed you are.

Fuck off you retarded cuck.

Also, French are manlets as well. They're only 1cm taller on average.

>that cum guzzling language
>Standard French sounds like they're guzzling cum.
> the fag that speaks like he has cum in his throat

More like you'r exposing your cum fetish to everybody.

>I can't roll the letter R but I can do a perfect French R
Isn't it considered as a form of speech inpediment in Italy ?

>Isn't it considered as a form of speech inpediment in Italy ?

Yes, almost, you can't pronounce most words properly without doing that stupid fucking retarded action known as rolling your R.

No, Brest, westmost capital of Brittany.
yes many Bretons take pride in the gwenn ha du, eventough it's a pale copy of the American one.

I wish I knew how to roll my R's so I would have not sounded like a retard in Latin courses.

Just pretend you're an airplane.