>mfw PRNTSCR key will not simply take a silent screenshot to directly clipboard in Linux

well done, lunixfags

>he's pretending to be retarded again

>using loonix
>on a daily basis
dangerous

>his prtscr key doesn't actually call the printer and print the screen

Not an answer.
There is not a single way to directly, silently and instantly get a screenshot to the clipboard like in Windows.

There are several ways to get one to file or have something like Spectacle with an GUI where you can choose to get the captured screenshot to clipboard but Spectacle lacks the command line option to directly get that shit to clipboard instead of file.
The whole thing also has like a 5s delay while it is in near realtime in Windows.

Why the fuck would you need it on the clipboard?
There are hardly any programs which would support pasting that, even on Windows, and of the programs that do (basically just image editors), you could just open a fucking file.

>There are hardly any programs which would support pasting that, even on Windows
why is my board full of retarded fucking idiots with down syndrome
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Most instant messaging apps do support it
Word as well

>configure global shortcuts for PRNT to Shutter
>Shutter takes screenshot and copies it to the clipboard
>take another screenshot
>Shutter crashes because it crashes whenever an instance of it is open

>someone posted a fix
>fix isn't working

It's true, you spend more time getting normal things working than actually doing productive things

pipe scrot to xclip or some shit if you want

whats the purpose of having it in clip, the only thing you paste the image in is mspaint or photoshop

Yup, that's one of features I love about Linux. But if you enjoy having to open Paint and paste your screencap just to save it then more power to you I guess.

>Why the fuck would you need it on the clipboard?
>whats the purpose of having it in clip

>having image data in the clipboard is a completely alien concept for Linux people

Give a keybinding for "xfce4-screenshooter -c --fullscreen".
I don't know if scrot can do this or not. Next time ask fglt for loonix questions or it will generate shitposts and ad hominem.

data in clip i understand, i have scripts that format data in clip for pasting in matrices in latex for example but images? no reason to, save it to a file directly and open it in krita/pinta/gimp or whatever fucking shit image editor you use

>he rather prefers to have the screenshot saved to a file, go to the directory, open the file in a image manipulation program, crop the file, re-save cropped file
instead of
>pasting screenshot from clip to image manipulation pogram, crop, save

Shutter would even allow cropping inside itself without any other program needed but it loves to crash a lot

Does X even have a concept of an image in the clipboard?
I wouldn't be surprised if not, clipboard on X is totally fucked up.

>what is snippingtool.exe

You'd either overwrite the screenshot file or have to delete it afterwards if you don't need it anymore. It just fucking unnecessarily clutters up folders with screenshot files when all you want is just getting a part of a screenshot into a document quickly.

It is just a key on your keyboard.
Hotkey applications allow you to run applications by pressing a single key or a combination of keys.

Some people press the printscreen because they want to store the displayed image to a file, for those, the large "where do you want to store it" applications, works really well.
Others will immediately crop the image so they only capture a part screen, for those, the graphical tools works well too.
Others take a lot of screenshots and just want to store them all, for those people, copying it to the clipboard doesn't make sense either.
For those people, it might make sense to silently store the images and the default tool may be in the way of this (even though you only deal with it for the first image you take in a series). Scrot is a good replacement for those people

>use Linux you plebs, it can do anything

>ok, I want prnt to get a screenshot to the clipboard

>THAT DOESN'T MAKE SENSE! WHY WOULD YOU EVER WANT THAT

And please share with the class how you set it to run when you press prtscr

scrot -s -e 'mv $f /tmp/ && gimp /tmp/$f'
?????

That's pretty pretty extreme to think i want to use gimp for everything. Do you assume my gender too? :^)
Also pic related

fuck of faggot
scrot -s -e 'mv $f /tmp/ && krita /tmp/$f'
scrot -s -e 'mv $f /tmp/ && display /tmp/$f'
scrot -s -e 'mv $f /tmp/ && pinta /tmp/$f'

>Not having it remapped to something useful
I bet you also have an Ins button that changes the typing mode to insert, you retard.

Aww. Triggered thin skin. No doubt low effort b8 like OP's got it's not so well deserved bumps.

Why does it save it to a temporary file and not just do the whole thing in RAM? Why so inefficient?

>wasting ram on shit
are you figuratively retarded?

>not having at least 4GB of ram installed

How fucking poor are you?

snippingtool allows you to create a screenshot without having to paste anything.
you can assign any shortcut to it, why would you want to assign prntscr to it ?

>all these linux incomplete and config editing based solutions
wait til windows unholsters ShareX

>>Shutter crashes because it crashes whenever an instance of it is open
>Shutter would even allow cropping inside itself without any other program needed but it loves to crash a lot

you can always exit the program after each screenshot and don't create session if preferred , so no crash.

nice "solution"

will try that one

>he doesn't have a scrots folder

I thought Gnome is supposed to be the least featureless DE.

Sorry i mean, the most featureless

>Why the fuck would you need it on the clipboard?

>There are hardly any programs which would support pasting that

>even on Windows

What the absolute FUCK

maim | xclip -selection clipboard
oh wow so fucking hard

Currently LMAOing at your life

What are you guys going to do with it?

One less memespamming retard using GNU/Linux, all is right in the world.

>guys
This is my 3rd post here.

THIS
OP, you just asked a board full of autists running ricer distros.

What kind of garbage distro are you running, OP? Sound to me like you got memed by the "minimal distro, no bloatware" crowd. How embarrassing.

It have been answered several times. You and OP just unable to read. Well, you are just another autist from g

Yeah, user. Running scrot -s -e 'mv $f /tmp/ && krita /tmp/$f' is the correct answer and in no way a complete pain in the ass. Do you mount your USB thumb drives with commands? Do you connect to wifi by issuing iw commands?

see
OP was enough large faggot to don't write anything about his rig. I kinda doubt he use linux at all (if yes, he is a complete retard in "troubleshooting").

jwivhervoiejvgt4iuhvgo4gjviudhcncijv3ugi3jk2rw

>>mfw PRNTSCR key will not simply take a silent screenshot to directly clipboard in Linux
>mfw PRNTSCR key will not simply take an image of my monitor with the current content and print it out on my printer directly in LOOONIX

what is your excuse????

Ok, fair enough. I see OP gave no details, so the "correct" answer would be the one that has the lowest number of dependencies/assumptions about his machine, and not just "my DE doesn't have this problem".

> expecting features and programs in Linux

Get used to the bare minimum and then expect disappointment

>Get used to the bare minimum and then expect disappointment
Sadly that's Windows. This why i deleted it and bought a MBP.

I use Unity™ and I literally don't have this problem.
Printscreen = screenshots the whole screen and asks where to save the image
Shift + printscreen = select a rectangular area to screenshot.

Because Linux is a huge waste of time if you try to use it as a desktop OS.

OPTIONS
-c, --clipboard
Send the grab directly to the clipboard.

i'm not telling you the name of the program because of your gay attempt to have Sup Forums to tech support for you because you can't figure it out yourself.

>tfw you fell for the KDE meme

But it has everything I need and I like the looks.
All solutions mentioned before either create a temp file which gets fed into the clipboard (slow in case you want to screencap something quick that is live) or it simply doesn't arrive in the clipboard at all (clipboard stays empty).

The only solution that is working right in KDE is either use the original screenshot solution that came with it ("Spectacle") which will open a window on which you can click "copy to clipboard" and overall it's also fucking slow or you bite the pillow and use Scrot and configure it to save a PNG on shortcut. Scrot is quite fast.

This is pretty much the only thing I hate about KDE. Been a pleasant ride despite this though so far (6 months usage).

>or it simply doesn't arrive in the clipboard at all
Even got a webm for retards so they can't do denial.
Still denial.
I'm out.

Your webm shows how you do it in Mint using the Cinnamon DE. Do you expect it to work the same exact way on a KDE machine? In that case the webm shows nothing helpful.

Did you know imagemagick has a special command line argument for this:
convert.exe clipboard:myimage poop.png