Is it possible to be a programmer with Attention deficit hyperactivity disorder ?

Is it possible to be a programmer with Attention deficit hyperactivity disorder ?

Other urls found in this thread:

europepmc.org/abstract/med/16919409
books.google.nl/books?hl=nl&lr=&id=iv-XFAL5CdAC&oi=fnd&pg=PA3&dq=adhd&ots=6DZ7AT4LCg&sig=1cEaY9HoDyhLET3UmGZuxXj1OpY
sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0890856709614271
pediatrics.aappublications.org/content/100/4/662.short
youtube.com/watch?v=_tpB-B8BXk0
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

nice meme

yes

maybe

Hello, I am one of those. I'm very good at it. Dexamphetamine helps a lot.

yes
you
will
just
be
a
shit
programmer
but
you
can
be
a
programmer
nontheless

Can you repeat that?

>Dexamphetamine helps a lot.
How does it work on you? Do you become more calm or what?

No, becasue ADHD doesn't exist.

Same reason you can't program while riding a unicorn.

For me it kind of just clears the mental fog and focuses me on one thing at a time, also have less anxiety about the looming pile of work before me and thus instead of procrastinating away the stress, I just jump straight into the task.

Yes. At times I think it helps, at other times it definitely doesn't.

It can help you with creativity, finding out-there solutions to problems, but it can also make it impossible to implement them because you get distracted from putting it in

I'm on this boat
ADHD is the new buzz word for kids that had shit parents
"We can't do anything about our child's behavior, he is too much for us to handle."
But when you raise your child on spongebob and give him everything when he asks to avoid a tantrum of course the child is going to be a drug guzzling fuckwit

Pretty much the same as . I don't get hyperactivity nearly as much as inattentiveness, so "clearing the mental fog" is a huge part of it for me. It also helps that programming is extremely fun.

>ADHD doesn't exist.
Will power is a thing.

I have great parents.

Yes, there's actually a cure for ADHD now.

Legally getting drugs is pretty nice tho

Did they ever go outside and play soccer with you to burn off your "excess energy" instead of putting you in front of a screen because you wanted to

Also if your brain that active as
You'd be getting 100% on every test and smarter than einstein

They sure did.

It's a new programming language they made called exercise

asthma is just the new buzzword for people who smoke too much

schizophrenia is just another word for people who still have imaginary friends

just like adhd

down's syndrome is the new buzz word for being a bad student

>comparing a made up "waah i lack willpower give me meth" to diseases that have killed people

Enjoy your kidney and liver disease.

being a woman is just a buzz word for being a wus

linux is just a buzz word for unix

No, it's called Mazindol. It was actually a treatment for narcolepsy, but used in a clinical trial in 85 people, symptoms had been reduced by 50% in a majority of the participants, compared to placebo.

Which is better than shit like adderall, too.

adhd papers:
europepmc.org/abstract/med/16919409

books.google.nl/books?hl=nl&lr=&id=iv-XFAL5CdAC&oi=fnd&pg=PA3&dq=adhd&ots=6DZ7AT4LCg&sig=1cEaY9HoDyhLET3UmGZuxXj1OpY

sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0890856709614271

adhd meds papers:
pediatrics.aappublications.org/content/100/4/662.short

so... adhd is a thing, and the meds dont give you liver disease, all based on peer reviewed reports... but I guess google scholar is too high a level of academic value for you

dont listen to these money hungry institutions that tell you you have ADD, autism, etc its a big scam trying to get your money and control the masses

you dont need any meds to program. Absolute insanity. If you practice and study like a normal person you can learn almost anything. Don't risk becoming a meth addict and destroying your life

if you cant program then you probably can't program. Go bag groceries or something. It's what I do and I love it.

There's a reason only young white males have (((ADHD))), it's a real thing but all its real name is "people who are a threat to the establishment so must be drugged into oblivion."

fuck yeah just eat a bunch of adderall like me and you're good

neuroscience student here, adhd is very real

It's prescribed meth.

wrong. Dextro, adderall, ritalin, etc is not meth. Please learn the differences of amphetamines vs methamphetamines. Big difference

either way - if you need to get on either of them to program, just kys you have terrible genetics

desoxyn is prescribed meth

I love my adderall. Unfortunately I need to move to Commiefornia soon and am worried my new doctor will be a cunt about giving it to me. I had to drop my first doc I got after finely getting insurance when he kept trying to push libido killing Welbutrin on me. Second doc finally listened to me. Took 8 months after I tested positive for ADHD before I could get a script and I'm worried it'll happen again. Went ten years without it after high school. Coming back to it finally made me feel like I was in control of myself again.

how do you have to behave to get diagnostized with ADHD so you can get ampf for prescription? i also like ampfis myself, but i have to get it from a friend.

>new buzzword
it's called Asperger's now

>ITT manchildren think they're doctors

>t. Non adhd person
What's next? Autism isn't real either?

I wish I could get something like adderall. I can't focus on anything, even things I like like books and movies.

I'd love to learn some real world skills but I feel like it's too late anyway. I'm old now, been like this my whole life. I just don't want to die feeling like a failure.

dude not everyone was meant to be a genius man, i was the smart one out of the family but im not the "happiest".

I don't know. I've always been ADHD so I just acted like myself. I've been tested twice, once as a kid and again when I was 26. After high school I joined the Marines and had to pretend not to have it since my recruiter told me out disqualified me from service. I originally wanted to be air force, but the recruiter literally stopped picking up the phone when I told him I had ADHD. A few years after I got out I decided to try and get back on meds since my scatter brain was struggling keeping up with phones when I started out as a help desk tech. Finally grew the balls and called to get tested a few years later. My main doctor then didn't seem to want time prescribe me any schedule 2 meds so I had to dump him. Dextro and Adderall have always been the only things that worked for me and when my mom tried to put me on SSRI's in hopes you get me off stimulants I nearly committed suicide.

Anyway... Go get tested. I've known people who were straight A students, but somehow decided to get tested in college to help them cram and had no issues testing positive. Just be aware some doctors are skittish about schedule 2 drugs so you might have to shop around.

this!

Watch Jordan Peterson on YouTube. He's a good help

Don't want to be a genius. Just want to not have trouble with things other people seem to do so easily.

Just go to a doctor, ADHD meds are stupid easy to get.

I didn't think they prescribed those to people in their 40's.

People have different IQ levels. It's natural.

Deal or feel.

Thx for the great advice user.

ADHD is actually a thing ( Minus hyperactivity, unless you're 8)

Watch this, fucktards youtube.com/watch?v=_tpB-B8BXk0

Partially this is the situation.
The result is that people who actually suffer from the disorder get grouped with those who just grow up from their misdiagnosed 'ADHD'. See .
And additionally the system is set up to diagnose every hyperactive child with attention deficit hyperactivity disorder and ignore those with attention deficit disorder.
The overdiagnosing is a shitty situation in both directions, you just ignored one of them.

Yes.
Aspergers is close to the exact same situation.
Overdiagnosed to the point of the term meaning nothing in practise.

Yes they do, it's called Adult Onset ADHD and they usually start you off with Clonidine, which improves concentration as well as helps with blood pressure.

your "willpower" rests on certain physiological parameters that are different in other people
you just aren't aware of it in your daily life

It isnt per say. Children that have trouble functioning in a over-stimulated society are considered "autists" in other words they are normal.

>he believes in free will

>le psychiatry is just scam meme

Since when scientologists pollute this board?
Go back to

>TFW can't tell if I have autism, ADHD or are just plain stupid

Im 34 and considering joining navy or army. can they find medical records on their own, without out me telling them about them? I was prescribed adderall for 6 months, i basically told them i had add symptoms when really i didnt; this was years ago. i also have some medical stuff on my credit history. i got good asvab scores in the past.

If they want you bad enough they can give you a waiver. Maybe probe one recruiter and see if he's willing to get his lazy ass to file some paperwork to meet his quota. Otherwise keep your mouth shut and don't get any posting where you need more than a secret clearance. This will probably be what your recruiter recommends to do away. They will use scare tactics to try and make you come clean and worry even about how you concealed a webbed toe at boot camp, but unless you need a background search for anything you're good. Also wtf are you doing joining at that age? Even as an officer that's still pretty old.

just plain stupid famalam

Living a boring ass life paycheck to paycheck. cant afford any hobbies. can barely afford to keep up with car repairs.

could use a little discipline training too.

anyway, i wanst planning on mentioning any of this to the recruiter. with the possible exception of the things that will show up on a credit report. my credit isnt bad btw, theres just some stuff on it