Learning is fun

What language are you learning Sup Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/playlist?list=PL_vIhjXh1UTpfw8atiA31uP3F4Sjix_ZQ
emojicode.org/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Z80 asm

java

German and i don't really know why.

The one in your pic

I know C but I'm working with apis in C++, I'm picking it up as I go. Some things seem alright, other things seem crazy and obtuse.

Gallina

Scheme lisp

good

why?

Same sort of, seems pointless if they all speak english though

Japanese

My desire for vidya is stronger than the desire for money

second test

Hebrew
עברית

Your kind is not welcomed here.

Haskell as my first functional language

Great choice

Not a language but a framework: Django

Built anything interesting yet?

last i checked this wasn't Sup Forums

Korean

>learning language
No I just read the guides, the apis and get the work done. Most languages are practical the same anyway.

Not yet, I'm still focusing on understanding the syntax and its features

why haskell over other FP languages?

I heard great things about Haskell for being purely functional, I was going to pick either Ocaml or Haskell, but I'll stick with Haskell since I already found a lot of learning resources, and I'm getting used with the functional concept

Because it's practical way to do functional programming, especially for me since I've been working with dotnet professionally for years. So far it's pretty amazing, makes C# look like a retarded language (which says a lot about the other languages out there since I consider it a really solid imperative language).

Should have a look at F#, can still work with botnet and also have FP, don't know how it compares with haskell though

That's what we're talking about.

I'm interested in dependent types (products and sum types in particular) for modeling math and physics. The ideas are from the 70's but it's a bit of a meme in that the languages ready to use only have tiny usebase yet.

In any case, last week I started making videos on dependently typed systems, using Idris now, and I will explain the math behind this stuff in detail as I go along:

youtube.com/playlist?list=PL_vIhjXh1UTpfw8atiA31uP3F4Sjix_ZQ

>What language are you learning Sup Forums?
Well, pic related

does it teach japanese?
amine has so far only taught me singular words

That's interesting, I'll keep an eye on your channel for future uploads

Go on Sup Forumsdjt and do anki core 6k then read tae kim grammer. You now know (basic) japanese

ty

Thanks.

The IRC channel on Haskell is very active and helpful. I'll also try to initiate a reading group on the creators book on the Idris google group - although I don't know where a platform to discuss things can emerge there. Maybe a weekly discussion on the Idris IRC.

java

WordPress but I'm not sure where to start after the basics.

How come Python is by far the nicest language to look at?
Is it so hard for other languages to do the same?

Ruby ?

Elixir boi

Emojicode
emojicode.org/

Looks cute, but why is it all so arbitrary?
I bet it's possible to create an emoji language using actually meaningful symbols so that anyone could understand code written in it without prior knowledge of the language.

C++

Trying to speed-read A Tour of C++ as a starting point right now, but I can't find my kindle so I either have to use my tiny phone or my landscape PC which is gay.

None.

Communication is for lamers who can't go it alone.

Surprised nobody is learning Rust.
Man I'm in love with Rust.

I'm also learning German. Could you check for my spelling?
Allah Akbar Tod dem Ungläubigen Kuffar

C++, it's not as bad as I expected. It's actually been pretty nice so far. Coming from lisp, it handles a lot of the language rough spots I dealt with. It's basically the exact opposite in terms of design choices, so that's refreshing.

Weil Deutsch ist naturalich die schönstes Sprache in die Welt

Most python code I see looks like dogshit because people try and get clever with it and mix in overly short variable names and indecipherable one-liner write-only statements.

A theoretical physicist with interest in functional languages/type theory frequents Sup Forums.

Who knew

C++

I'm not here often, but the meme has been brewing for a few years now.

I just hate how annoying IO staining is

I'm learning IDL, which is based on fortran.

As a lover of math, I have to say... Functional programming is nice.

x86 assembly

If you've ever wondered why programmers hate goto's so much, look at some assembly code for five minutes.

Thinking of starting with it. What do you love about it?