Microsoft Edge General

Let's talk about this browser. I've been using since some days ago and I have to say it is really fast and have almost all the features that Firefox has.

I have notice that is uses a lot of RAM too.

Ok so we can talk about things we like and don't like about it, things you would like to be in the browser, etc.

Other urls found in this thread:

w3schools.com/browsers/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

ehh is it any different than internet explorer? i'm never gonna use it, not because i don't like it, but out of spite because microsoft wants to force me to use it

So are you a M$ shill or just an ignorant poo in loo?

Edge is terrible just like IE. Have fun with your 10% share browser.

It runs really smooth but it doesn't play the webms on my favorite Laotian Sword Swallowing forums.

For example, I only have three tabs opened, two from Sup Forums and the google translator and the browser is using 722 MB of RAM. Also I don't understand why if you only have three tabs there are seven process running. I thought that each process was a tab opened.

It's not as terrible as IE, but it's still not even close to being competitive with chrome/firefox and co. No good extension support, still a pain in the ass for web developers (even if not as much so as IE used to be). I'll admit I was pleasantly surprised by its speed though.

I think it's because Edge runs each tab in a VM to "keep you safe"

It hangs too often for me, but when it doesn't scrolling is better than in Chrome or FF.

Still lacks some features though, and the UI is weird.

vivaldi masterrace

Enjoy your shitware, pajeet.

Good post, Pajeet. Please accept this for your hard work.

What will it require for them to fix it and let us play webms on our Baluchistani Goat Racing Commune?

>is it any different than internet explorer?
For me it's better yes. I haven't used Explorer since many years ago but I would say that yes, it's better.

>because microsoft wants to force me to use it
Stop that fucking stupid thing of being agains something just because it's mainstream or because they use their power to try you use their product. Just try the product and decide for yourself.

>Have fun with your 10% share browser.
Are you talking about privacy? I don't care anymore. Nowadays it's almost imposible to not be tracked.

No fullscreen mode
No RSS reader
I just can't care for it without these features.

nice reading comprehension sanjeev

>EDGE SHILL THREAD
EDGE SHILL THREAD
>EDGE SHILL THREAD
EDGE SHILL THREAD
>EDGE SHILL THREAD
EDGE SHILL THREAD
>EDGE SHILL THREAD
EDGE SHILL THREAD
>EDGE SHILL THREAD
EDGE SHILL THREAD
>EDGE SHILL THREAD
EDGE SHILL THREAD
>EDGE SHILL THREAD
EDGE SHILL THREAD
>EDGE SHILL THREAD
EDGE SHILL THREAD
>EDGE SHILL THREAD
EDGE SHILL THREAD
>EDGE SHILL THREAD
EDGE SHILL THREAD
>EDGE SHILL THREAD
EDGE SHILL THREAD
>EDGE SHILL THREAD
EDGE SHILL THREAD
>EDGE SHILL THREAD
EDGE SHILL THREAD
>EDGE SHILL THREAD
EDGE SHILL THREAD
>EDGE SHILL THREAD
EDGE SHILL THREAD

>still a pain in the ass for web developers (even if not as much so as IE used to be).

Chrome and the bajillion JavaScript frameworks are both a bigger pain for web developers than all combined versions of IE put together.

>VM
What that's stand for? Virtual Machine?

>he never had to write webpages that worked on IE6

>Stop that fucking stupid thing of being agains something just because it's mainstream
I don't hate Edge for being mainstream, I hate Edge for constantly interrupting my browsing by throwing an annoying popup onscreen saying "EDGE IS 50% FASTER TRY IT TODAY". Also because Microsoft telemetry.

w3schools.com/browsers/

its actually below 5% right now lmao

Yeah. They use a VMware virtual machine to run each tab. VMs use a lot of RAM and CPU because you're literally emulating a computer on your computer.

>things we [...] don't like about it
Yes, the fact that it stores its history in the CLOUD(TM)

Changes in browsing Sup Forums:

>The post menĂº is different.
>There is no option to expand the text area (Why is that?)

>Examinar...

>going from 90% market share to < 5%

Microsoft understands that performance is a desire for consumers. The small selection of addons is the main negative about it.

good lord this is embarassing. M$ completely fucked up their browser and mobile strategy. Their new laptops are shit too

Is there anything M$ is actually doing well at the moment?

>Not knowing the difference between user privacy, and the percentage of people using a product.

Shill elsewhere, pajeet.

Office. It's where MS by far makes most of their money and is why they can finance all these failures without seeming to be hurt by it.

>Is there anything M$ is actually doing well at the moment?

Xbox

>I hate Edge for constantly interrupting my browsing by throwing an annoying popup onscreen saying "EDGE IS 50% FASTER TRY IT TODAY".
I have never seen that popup. Is it when you are in Edge or in another browser?

>Also because Microsoft telemetry.
1) What are you afraid they can read from your internet browsing?
2) Do you think that others browsers don't do the same?

Because it's new and few people know it. Also because when you have been using a browser for many years people don't like to change because they are used to it. But Firefox is falling more and more and some of those users will go to Edge and others to Chrome.

But what is the objective of it?

Office 365 is good. Azure is good. Xbox one is shit though. The 360 was the best.

Yes I'm spanish, what's the point you are trying to make?

lol no - Edge has been around long enough to the point where if it truly was good, people would be jumping on it. Edge even comes pre-installed with Windows, and if you try to use IE, M$ will tell you to check out their fancy new browser. People know about it. People just don't care. No good reason to use it. It's just IE with a slightly better UI. The only reason FF is hanging on is because of muh features. SJWism killed FF. M$' retardation killed their browser share. Google actually knows what the fuck theyre doing. Non-Chromers please kys.

>The small selection of addons is the main negative about it.
It has the most essential ones like Adblock Plus, etc. It is a new browser and is normal there aren't so many addons.

Enligthen me.

desu I'd use it as my main browser if it had a cross-platform mobile version so I could sync tabs and bookmarks. That's the only reason I stick with Chrome.

>2) Do you think that others browsers don't do the same?

>inb4 obligatory "i use x open source browser" post from some clueless tard who didn't even check the source and compile it himself

All of them is overpriced trash, especially azure, for that ransom they do it.

Another thing I don't like is that when you highlight text and want to search it in google it only give you the option of Asking Cortana. It's almost the same but It would be nice if you could search in Google too.