currently whatsapp daily and messenger occasionally

Wire.

Telegram
Messenger
Hike
There are loads of
Just dont use whatsfag

youtube.com/watch?v=46ozjP-R2-E

Messenger from fb? Yeah why don't I shoot myself in the head while I'm at it. Telegram I would recommend but messenger is the most convoluted piece of shit software that you could use as a main chat app. Also Whatsapp has quoting, doesn't fuck up voice note quality as much as messenger by a mile, and feels snappy

You don't. People who make poor decisions are a liability.

>not using KakaoTalk

>Just dont use whatsfag
What's the deal with WhatsApp ?

owned by facebook

Isn't whatsapp encrypted anyway?

If I had to guess, most of it will be a nebulous suspicion cast on anything widely used. But also being owned by facebook.

At the end of the day, communication tools are only useful if you can actually communicate with a good number of people, and frankly you shouldn't be using something like whatsapp for anything not utterly innocuous anyway.

You use what your friends use.

I can't believe you basement neckbeards don't get this lmao

You shut your fucking mouth and stop being an annoying neckbeard

Use sms like a true American hero

yeah, end-to-end, I think the paranoia is over it being read off at the terminal. but to be honest, that's a vulnerability on just about any messaging thing; wasn't shit like candy crush all but keylogging users and mining all your other apps/phone profile? you basically need to do a meticulous curation of every single little thing as well as get suspicious of the underlying OS, which kind of undermines what is a utility object.

unless you're going to keep your phone switched off and in a lead box you might as well just assume it's compromised. you'll probably be better off trying to swamp any signal you produce with noise rather than assume something as crude as picking a different IM app is going to concretely protect your privacy.

which one allows me to send dick pics to strangers?

I still don't get why there are (were) suddenly dozens of messaging apps that can only connect to the same messenger. It's especially stupid when they advertised them as "free texting" when I haven't seen a single limited texting plan since smartphones came out, but data is still limited for most people. To people just not use SMS or MMS anymore? It shouldn't be this hard.

International texting is pretty expensive.

you're looking for RCS

Infinite SMS is a thing only if you live in the US, the civilized world moved on 5-6 years ago

Wire is too laggy, takes 15+ seconds for a pasted in image to populate. Sometimes I even get input lag. On top of that they send analytics to a logalytics server every time you send a message. Source: Firewall logs with deep packet inspection.

LINE

Ignore shills, what'sapp is all you need.

I use the Google messenger app for SMS and Facebook messenger lite.
Why should I use anything else ?

Because both of those companies actively datamine you for money, you fat retard?

And what should I use ?
My friends use facebook and SMS to message me.

>constantly forcing my gaymen friends to use my Mumble server instead of Discord
>constantly forcing my classmates to use Telegram instead of WhatsApp
>more and more people want to avoid me and my constant ultimatums
J-JUST SHUT UP AND BE HAPPY I'M DOING THIS FOR YOU

>downloaded this
>opened up app
>"please enter your phone number"
haha fuck you no

Signal or WhatsApp integrated with SMS, just start texting people instead of talking over messenger.

I know, I don't like facebook that much, but there are a lot of group convos and some of my friends use the integrated SMS function of the "big" facebook messenger version.
It's hard to convert all those retards.

I know that feel and I am down from like 30 people to 2. It feels better now that I know that these two are there for me and want to use these programs.

all these private messaging apps face the issue of isis and terrorists using them to communicate, my solution is to make the captcha so that you have to draw a picture of Muhammad