Told 7700k is a housefire

>told 7700k is a housefire
>ok
>buy 1700x
>completely stock
>can't get memory to 3000mhz
>85C
>can't overclock at all
Ok are there some sort of secret tweaks I need to be aware of or what? Because this thing is 30 degrees hotter than my i5 on liquid cooling

Other urls found in this thread:

ultimatebootcd.com/,
sourceforge.net/projects/usbwriter/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

1800X and 1700X have a 30C offset for temps.
Memory support incoming.

update bios

These are Ryzen readings, sometimes I can't even boot into the bios because the thing is reading 90c
I did, twice, crosshair vi hero

Check the heatsink? Shouldn't be anywhere near that hot.

Re-applied thermal paste twice as well
Pump at maximum and so are fans

Contact support, faulty product.

That's 65°C. 1700x has a 20°C offset

DELET

Patched already in Ryzen master

Reset your bios settings to default, also make sure you don't have any malware bitcoin miner running, You should try a torture test using a live linux booteable disk.

>he fell for the amd meme

How many times have people told you by now that this place is full of AMD marketers? Not just le tinfoil meme, but the actual legit thing?

But don't worry, we all fall for that meme at least once. Hope you've learned your lesson though.

Lost my kernal disk a while ago and I don't really want to look for it
Currently I'm attempting a couple things
1.fresh windows install since I did switch from an intel chip
2.Another 1700x
3.Another cooler
4.Fucking around in the bios
Curently right now in Ryzen master I'm getting idle 40-55C but if I add any load I shoot up to 70-80c

>Secret tweaks
Yes. Stop lying on the internet using stock photographs of products you neither own not intend to ever purchase.

Question though
Should I disable XFR? I see my voltage jumping around the place in Ryzen master

Ok buddy

Sounds like you fucked something up or you got a DOA (happens sometimes with everything).

RMA that shit.
Also what kind of shitter buys an Asus motherboard for AMD? They are known to be terrible. Did you even get samgsung b die memory? Or did you go with the cheapest Hynix kit you could find? If option B wait for the microcode update that is coming soon to fix cheap memory.

My Ryzen 7 1700 @ 4.1ghz doesn't break 68C under prime95 with a Noctua NH-D15.

The standard Asus motherboards are garbage but the crosshair is up there with alot of the best
I contacted amazon and they are sending me a replacement but I'm going to see what else I can do before then

Hey, my apologies. I saw a stock photo in the OP and assumed the worst based on how much shitposting has been going on here lately. You need to RMA that CPU, it's fucked.

>the thing is reading 90c
You did something wrong user. Don't blame the chip.

I'm not
I'm fully aware I need to do something but I've installed it correctly, so I'm assuming it is the chip
Yeah I'm returning it, still gonna try to get something out of this one until the new one comes

>doesn't break 68C under prime95
In what version of Prime95? Are you using AVX instructions (the default setting)?
Also, what voltage?

My 1600X is cool and all with non-AVX tests, but Prime95 makes my temp go to the 95ºC

49C is not that hot.

i own a 1800x with a crosshair and no way should your processor be showing 90c in the bios. you ARE doing something wrong.

even though the x series have a 20c offset, meaning they show 20c more than what they are for some bullshit reason, that still wouldn't cause you to show 90c in the bios. it should be around the 40-50c range in the bios.

Completely Idle
Stock
With a liquid cooler

It's ok though amazon is sending me a replacement that is coming later today

...says the intelshill. Seriously, fuck off back to tom's shillware already.

What could I be doing wrong besides the cooler which is attached properly
Is it most likely the chip

>He fell for the AMD shills
Sucks to be you bro.

Oh, looks like I got under pajeet's skin.

wat.
I have the 1700 at 3.6GHz.

and gets to 60-65°C at 100% on all cores wiht the stock cooler.

Quit your bullshit.

I'm whiter than you are, kike.

Literally posted a pic in this thread
Not an intel shill bud, drop the tinfoil hat

Try ultimatebootcd.com/, download ISO and burn it using sourceforge.net/projects/usbwriter/

It's annoying to do this but it's a great tool to have to troubleshoot things, once you boot it try "CPU Burn"

50C idle. Damn son.

After a clean install of wangblows 10 I've noticed my CPU temps evening out a little
Any Ryzen master tips?
I haven't had an AMD CPU since my 8350 in 2014

Sure you are, pajeet rajesh.

The problem is somewhere else, messing around with software won't do much. What motherboard do you have? It could also be some shitty bios putting insane voltages to the cpu, this happens in ANUS boards (asus)

>ryzen master
Is that auto overclocker? You should try using it without it first to eliminate the most amount of bloatware possible, uninstall everything except essential drivers, which is probably only your GPU driver.

It's time for RMA.

Interestingly enough
I know this sounds fucking retarded
But a clean re-install of windows took my down to a chilly 50C with aida 64 full load

No fucking idea why

>No fucking idea why
Weird. It's not voltage/LLC problem then.

I'm at a loss for words
I had no bitcoin miners or anything

I'm assuming it could have been latent jewtel drivers fucking things up but it runs incredibly well now

Post pic of ryzen master

Request a replacement. No CPU should be anywhere near that temperature idle.

Either something went wrong on your old windows install when switching to a new PC or it actually was a miner that hided very well. If it happens again check the latest programs/cracks that you installed.

...you tried running the same windows install with a new motherboard and CPU?

Wtf are you cooling the chip with? A potato? My 1700x is at 50c at full load which is cooled by the most basic am4 noctua.

XFR shouldn't be bumping the voltages higher than allowed. XMP might though, if you have it enabled. Still, if it's only going up to 1.35v it's perfectly fine. Even small spikes up to 1.45 are nothing to be worried at.
AMD says that 1.35 is perfectly fine and safe for long term usage, 1.45 is pushing but still relatively safe, so small spikes up to that every now and then are irrelevant for the CPU health. If it's going higher than that, you might want to take a closer look at it.

Yeah, retarded of me, It's been two years since I replaced the motherboard and CPU so I completely forgot
Why, everything is working now

You started a shill war because of your incompetence.

APOLOGIZE

Sorry guise
forgiveness?

Not like it makes Ryzen look bad, everyone knows it slaughters everything intel has

>You started a shill war
They are happening here like 24/7.

>Jewtel fag trying this hard.

Post pics, or it didn't happen.

Hey we've all been there. I actually made that mistake on my first big upgrade about 14 yrs ago. Congrats on the new CPU glad it's working for you now.

>itt: shit that never happened

Funs over man fixed it

Good job, now go shrek some video encoding or something. Wish I had that shit right now but stuck on a 2600K.

Not a big conspiracy buddy, I was just an idiot

>inb4 the fan is off

>AMD IS PERFECT, Y-YOU'RE LYING

Also try running with the stock air cooler. I had a faulty corsair h100 on my fx9590 and didn't religiously check temps. It went bad after a while and burned the thing up. Now i,have an 8350 with the stock cooler and I can't push it past 45 c even with prime95 and ar ma 3

Faggot, no one was suggesting AMD is perfect. The issue was the use of a stock image when this shithole of a board is overrun with anti-AMD shitposters.

It's not as if no one tried to help him or that no one came to the conclusion the CPU was defective and be should RMA it. Ironically, it apparently wasnt the CPU after all.

yes it's called BIOS update u sub90 IQ manbeast

You Lie! Go Back You Idiot Mother's Womb. Bad Man Lie for Intel. Shame On Your House. Enjoy Your Cucktell Jew HouseFire.

nice try, amd cpus turn off in your face above 75°C, the X versions have a 20°C offset in all softwares, even the official AMD ones

>buy 1700x
>completely stock
>can't get memory to 3000mhz
>85C
>can't overclock at all

Lying this much. Ryzen has shilltel on suicide watch. The fear is real boys.

No proof at all. Nothing, but baseless claims. Fucking image xxx is back.

your damage control is adorable.

you're literally sperging and making up theories beacuse OP used the first image in google images

Damn guys, read the thread before you post.

NOOOO

it's a troll thread so guess who's going to the gulag

>Implying these issues aren't already fixed with the latest bios update.

>Based Jim Keller btfoed Intel hard

>Intel can't compete

*Op rubs hands while Intel deposits a fistfull of shekels"

This is amada

Well what did you do wrong? Tell us. We need a fucking conclusion to the story!

This is Yuno!

>fell for the ryzen meme

>nvm fixed it

here
its insane how emotional Sup Forums trolls get in a simple tech support thread

Ryzen is no meme. R7 is more powerful than a 6900k for half the money, r5 are killing it for desktops, and threadrippier will be the cherry on top.

(You) actually are who everyone mistakenly assumed he was.

>implying anyone bought an overpriced meme like 6900k

C
Pics or it didn't happen.

We are not supposed to be helping people without problems.

Not for me. I'm using a 1700@4GHz with 1.35V with the stock cooler. It never goes up 70°. And my RAM is running at 3200MHz CL14 with the DOCP.

Reminder to report shitposters.

OP here. False alarm 1700x works fine now. No issues at all now, and this CPU rips. It's the fastest CPU that I've ever used as of yet. All my games are buttery smooth with fraps running. Very impressed. Thx AMD.

How high do you think the clocks for Zen+ will be?

which motherboard and ram?

Wtf our curiosity is what gets us answering tech support threads. You owe Sup Forums an answer. How did you fix it? What did you overlook? What was it that solved the problem. I'm fucking triggered. This is Lost in Translation all over again!

150-200mhz higher.

too late now u cost AYYMD 1000s in losses lol

bro he was booting into the same windows install as his old motherboard and CPU. he did a clean install and everything works now. THREAD OVER.

It does not hurt to spend 1 minute scrolling trough the thread before asking questions that have been answered in the thread.

Congratulations on buying a funeral pyre. Yours to be exact.

>idling at 85C

You fucked up

Probably didn't even install the heatsink

My next issue is getting ram to work
I have corsair vengeance 3000mhz and I can't for the life of me get it to run higher than 2133

ASUS mobo?

yeh
crosshair vi

Are there any memory updates coming?

Your AGESA version is? People were getting 3466 easily with 1.0.0.6 on C6H.