So we're (my friend and I) are putting together a new PC. We have it able to start up...

So we're (my friend and I) are putting together a new PC. We have it able to start up, however it stops and progresses into an eternal boot loop. We've done everything on this list with nothing helping: tomshardware.com/forum/261145-31-perform-steps-posting-post-boot-video-problems

Here are the parts: pcpartpicker.com/user/Mcchesney/saved/xcrbvK

We aren't retards, but I feel like an idiot. Is there something simple that we're missing?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=n2dJvqU2_x4
techbuyersguru.com/intels-core-i5-6600k-vs-i7-6700k-vs-i7-6900k-games?page=0
memtest86.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Bump

Remove everything including the CPU. Boot the motherboard. Follow codes. Then put each component one by one with shut downs.

>intel i5
My condolences.

Alright, we will try this. We don't have a speaker for the mobo do we will be judicious. We'll respond in a bit

This. Troubleshoot to find the component causing the problem.
I had boot issues after flashing my BIOS. Booted with just my Mobo and CPU. Downloaded all drivers for peripherals. Keyboard mouse and GPU drivers. Problem solved.

It gets the job done, man

how do u people even find this board?
where do u all come from?

Thank you, we're trying this right now.

You'll be reet kid. It's always worrying when you've shelled out that much money and it doesn't work. 90% of the time things are easily fixable. It seemed I'd bricked my Mobo but I made sure to troubleshoot and was able to fix it.
Is windows installed? Or can you not even get into the BIOS?

its probably ram

Yes, it's the bare minimum for right now. RIP new PC

That's reassuring to hear, yeah you definitely understand this feeling of anticipation. We're breadbording the mobo, no BIOS still. We are using a hrddrive with windows pre installed.

Have you got an empty HDD to compare with? Is the HDD connected properly? If you have the windows key it might be better to clear the HDD. Boot up if you can into the BIOS and then reinstall Windows.

No idea how you have set up your PC. Maybe you have misplaced a few cables.

This is a clear and simple guide on PC building. make sure you have done all the things in this vid.
youtube.com/watch?v=n2dJvqU2_x4
Apart from flashing the BIOS which you can't get to. If you want to flash it I advise waiting until you have more experience with computers.

>Durrrr i need i7 for duh gaymen

Nah, I-57 is perfectly suitable for gaming, which until OP states otherwise, is what I'm assuming the computer is intended for. There's no reason to pay an extra $150 for a processor when graphics cards do the majority of the work.

i5

because autocorrect is fucking retarded

We do, although we are breadboarding it atm. Even with just the CPU and PSU, it refuses to start properly. We're going to try a different PSU from an older computer to see if it even starts.

Is there a chance it's the MOBO?

no nigger it's not, when's the last time u've looked at benchs you corelett looking mofo

I have added this to my "Watch Later" list on YouTube. It will definitely come in handy for this build. Thanks for the link.

>Shilling this hard

It is though, try providing legit info instead of a literal meme pic.

It's pretty hard to know without being there and testing it. Just make sure everything is connected to where it should be and properly.

believe or not 4c/4t are starting to be crippling (esp. regarding LOW FPS) in the year of our Lord 2017 in *some* gayms (open world etc.)

If u're poor as it seems to be the case consider a ryzen 1500

me in the middle

Let's see some i5 vs i7 stuff, since that's the original argument.

it took approx. 20secs of jewgling to find this techbuyersguru.com/intels-core-i5-6600k-vs-i7-6700k-vs-i7-6900k-games?page=0

No shit the raw numbers are gonna be higher in benchmarks. I'm talking about actually comparing gameplay performance, side by side in real time. No frame counting shillshit. If it runs at 60fps smoothly, then there's no reason to pay the extra cash. Jeez the shill fanboy fucks on here are outrageous. Stop misleading people into paying for much higher priced component they don't need.

are u retarded?
>If it runs at 60fps smoothly
It's not gonna run like that, it's gonna dip sub 60s all the fucking time on some gayms.

Hell even the i7s 4c/8t are starting to get abysmal 0.1% fps results in the latest gayms

By your logic you should get and recommend AYYMD cpus bc they are cheap as fuck and tend to perform much better in regards to mimum fps

>Speaking absolutes

Let's see the proof shill.post a blind test comparison.

lmao - kid asks for help building rig n yall start arguing i5 v i7

So we're on the phone waiting for customer service now. Maybe we actually are retarded. We've tried everything (to our knowledge). Again, thank you for the help from those who replied, and those who are arguing about specs, kys.

>corelet
>in 2017

>Guy arguin for the cheaper setup

My argument is he doesn't need a $500000000 processor to play games.the i5 can game at very acceptable levels. AMD is just as capable, problem is everyone here wants to act like being an enthusiast is the only way to be.

Contrarily, people who just need it to "work" exist and don't need all this pinky out hardware.

>Maybe we actually are retarded.

you know it

Sorry for hijacking your thread with the argument.

Is it getting to the point where it can install your OS or is this at POST?

wut? no.

i5 is literally perfect.

the ryzen 1400 is just 145$ you nefarious bloated fiend
ur arguing for muh i5 against all reason

honestly bro, an i7 is like ~100 bux more...when ur alrdy spending ~1000, you might as well get it.

/nupol/

Depends on what you're playing you fucking pleb, you can say "doesn't need it" about anything. Loads of older mod friendly games require you to squeeze maximum st performance, oced 7700k is the best there is and I personally would pick it over any i5. Even in every single new game 7700k beats it.
>but muh 60 fps
you don't even know what frametimes are

IGNORE CORELET POSTS

It's still at POST

>Loads of older mod friendly games
>Loads of cum up your ass
Either way: older games is an ever shrinking part of gaming. You are using an ever receding argument to justify your poor choices.

says the guy who can't run modded GTA5 without dipping sub60 LOL

>GTA5
>Mod friendly

>GTA5
>Above 60 fps with some resolution and some settings and at least one mod
Are you really this retarded?

>GTA5
>>GTA5
>>>GTA5
>> minute loading time GTA5
>>>>>random crash 5 minute reload time GTA5

>i-it's ok user i dont really wanna play those gayms anyway

Try running memtest86.com/ (bootable ISO) for 24 hours, and if you get any errors update BIOS. Then try again.

Hmm better yet just update your BIOS if an update is available on the manufacturers homepage an if the boot problems persist try Memtest to identify bad RAM.

If possible try cross-checking the RAM on a different system.