Is it cringe to learn japanese ironically?

Is it cringe to learn japanese ironically?

I mainly wanted to learn another language and japense is kind of a fucking meme right now, with all the anime references and vaporwave pics

Have you guys ever learn a language because of a stupid reason?

I started learning Norwegian because I wanted to know how to pronounce 'o', and then I just got into it. It's nice because you basically learn Swedish as well, and to a lesser extent Danish.

Replace 'o' with 'ǿ', seriously, fuck Unicode blocking

I am thinking about learning Korean

Learning Russian after playing metro games and the desire to know what " cheeki breeki" means

T.bh I really like this meme language

I learn French just because I like studying languages and it used to be Lingua Franca

I'm taking Japanese classes in a Japanese Institute and it's full of fucking weeabos.

Like yourself? Fucking beta loser

>Haha, it'd be pretty ironic if I learned Japanese and started reading mangas and watching animated cartoons! Lol xD!!1!1! I'm not a weeb or anything, it's just a meme!!

Uh-huh.

If you're qts, please study Japanese. I'm ready to teach privately.
If not, please study Korean and Chinese.

i did japanese for many years before stopping, now i study german. i think a well educated man must speak at least two or three european languages.

oh cool can you type a sentence in French to see how good you are ?
(No judging)

It means nothing, man

ayy same
cyrillic is pretty cool despite what people say

I learned Italian because my elementary school only offered it as a second language. Later i figured i might as well take some courses in it since i already knew the basics.
I want to learn French, but i'm not sure if German would be more useful. German sounds horrid to me.

for a native englishman, german is a good choice but german and english are probably equal in difficulty for someone who isn't either.

English was never difficult for me (tho i have some friends who really struggle with it). Praise cartoon network

Study Chinese. Japan is losing its population and soon enough only people speaking japanese would be weeabos

How do you guys get the time to learn? I got a lot work to do every day and finally can spare very little time for it every day, so i quit, shit, not feel good

I am learning spanish to be able to speak to you and our other hermanos hispanohablantes in spanish.

>Is it cringe to learn japanese ironically?
Not if you're learning it for the right reasons. It's a sought-after business language and if you plan of traveling there often, it especially helps because much of the Japanese population is monolingual.
And honestly, it's pretty interesting. The grammar is different, but logical and consistent enough that you can use it intuitively without having to memorize a bunch of cases, genders, or special rules. When it comes to reading, you get the best of both worlds- a 100% phonetic script (kana) combined with those exotic chink runes that you can impress your friends by deciphering. I don't even watch anime and I really enjoyed studying it in college.