It's unbelievable how deep apple is fucking themselves in their own ass...

It's unbelievable how deep apple is fucking themselves in their own ass. Steve Jobs always said that the biggest achievement of iOS was that the users don't have to deal with Filesystems anymore.

Guess what they're introducing as a "revolutionary feature" to the iPad?

Other urls found in this thread:

developer.apple.com/library/content/documentation/FileManagement/Conceptual/APFS_Guide/Features/Features.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Steve Jobs wasn't a God and he wasn't always right.
Not giving access to the filesystem has been the biggest downside of iOS since its beginnings. And yes that includes the horrible design.
This is the only thing making me slightly interested in iOS at the moment.

No, it's stupid. Who needs to manage files outside of an app?

People who like downloading PDF and MP3 files and using them without needing itunes on their computers and phones

Oy vey those PDFs and MP3s are copyrighted material you can't have them unless you use them through our proprietary platforms.

>this app is both designed for both iPhone and iPad
Somehow only available on iPad.

The entire Android userbase.
I think filesystem is the main reason I'm on Android instead of iOS.

I could be so easy. Let macOS have a unified interface, so if you plug in your iPhone or are in the same network you see your iPhone/iPad in your Finder window on the left pane. Click on it, see your apps and just access them easily. JUST AS IT IS ON iTUNES RIGHT NOW.

Instead they had to bastardize it and create a filesystemmanager on iOS that nobody needed.

>they could have carried on with a system where your phone is useless if you don't have a pc around
pls go and stay go retard.

Kek. Low energy bait.

Like what? You can already open files inside iOS with other apps.

No. He said a File Manager will just be a Pro user's additional app.

give people access to files and the WILL fuck something up

It makes sense due them trying to place the iPad as computer replacement.

On phone it's pretty useless. I had couple of Android phones before I switched and lack of filesystem never bothered me the slightest. They should've sort out the cancer that is iTunes.

>You can already open files inside iOS with other apps.
Yes and that's restrictive as fuck. Open filesystem is a fucking sine qua non feature for anyone who expects more than selfies and Facebook out of a $1000 device.

Most Android users are third worlders who couldn't afford an iPhone either way. Most in the first world don't give a shit and the ones who do would still bitch about how restrictive iOS is with a filesystem barely affecting it.

He said it's an app that exists for pro users, not that its exclusive to the pro

This

I never got ishit just because the file system is retarded
Maybe they will fix it

They've got a new file system as of ios10.3 and they're adding a file manager in 11. It's likely that they weren't able to provide a file manager that was worth having before apfs

Yes. So most users don't have any need to get it anyways.

>It's restrictive as fuck
It's not. Give me one case where it doesn't work and now don't come and tell me that you can't move or download the Apple Music files because that's iTunes area. We're talking about all other apps.

are you really this retard...
android user has file manager for over a decade..
and android user has more dumb user than iOS..

I never heard android user fucking something up they android filesystem.

The $1000 device is still a fucking phone and useless for most non phone tasks (which is also FB these days) due the screen size alone, no matter what it runs.

Great maybe in another decade they'll get a torrent client or finally go bankrupt due to all the tax evasion coming to bite them in the ass.

>It's likely that they weren't able to provide a file manager that was worth having before apfs
Is that bait? Are you serious?

>lmao why would you want that fucking basic feature you won't use it anyway
iOS in a nutshell. Not an argument.

>I never heard android user fucking something up they android filesystem
That's because nobody of these dumb users dares to use it. They're all perfectly capable of managing their photos and shit inside the apps they use. Managing files in a filesystem is Windows 95.

Revolutionary =/= a new idea. When the iPad was first announced file manager wasn't needed and wouldn't have worked very well, and now tablets have matured to the point where a manager is needed and even overdue.

Now they're adding one, and they've clearly put a lot of work in to making it a worthwhile feature

For one 8 billions sounds way too fucking low, other than that, every major corporation does it and they'll be all fine due blackmailing the guberment with "MUH JOBS".

iOS 11 will make it for iPad, iPhone, and iPod touch

>horrible design
I agree with you, but if iOS has anything going for it, it's the design.
Using an android makes my eyes bleed.

Taxes are theft though.

Yes, I am. Take a look at the feature set of apfs and tell me that it doesn't make sense that it's a requirement for their implementation of the file manager.
developer.apple.com/library/content/documentation/FileManagement/Conceptual/APFS_Guide/Features/Features.html

fukin ur mum in the bum and not paying up is theft

File system is still fully sandboxed. They just made an app that aggregates all the different app sandboxes together and indexes them. Calling it a file system browser is a stretch.

As long as it allows you to transfer files between apps without needing a pc, it's at least a step in the right direction.

>The file system can enable fast directory sizing on empty directories. You cannot enable Fast Directory Sizing on directories containing files or other directories directly; you must instead first create a new directory, enable fast directory sizing on it, and then move the contents of the existing directory to the new directory

WHAT THE ACTUAL FUCK?! Why couldn't they optimize this?!

I grew up on System 7 thanks to the (((education initiative))) in these parts. My first PC was Windows 95. Then I got a fondness for Linux, which I sitll use unless muh games.

The best Apple product ever created is the Macbook Air, I absolutely love it. Even if I don't use Mac OS half the time. But Mac OS is a great OS in its own right. I am so frustrated they haven't just worked on imroving the Air/Pro and instead insist on fucking around with totally irrelevant non computer shit. Just give me a beastly Air/Pro.

>just give me a steaming pile of shit that overheats even more

I have an iPad Pro, and I downloaded FileExplorer and used it to get a file on my MacBook Pro and store it on the device. Once it was on the device, I thought perfect now all I have to do is open adobe PDF reader or what ever and open the PDF and I can read it. But adobe couldn't see the file anywhere on the device, since iOS doesn't have a file system and doesn't have a documents folder I could navigate to from adobe open file thing. The only option I had was to buy an iCloud account and move the PDF into iCloud then open adobe go into the open file from iCloud thing and then I could read the file.

This was infuriating for me since I own a 128 gig iPad Pro I shouldn't have to go pay for iCloud just so I can move a file into the cloud and then use another app to read it from the cloud. The file is already on the fucking device the app should be able to just search for it in some documents folder and find it. But no, because Steve Jobs said no it's stupid and I don't like it.

Having a file system is a great idea and I can't believe it took them this long to do it. I understand what Steve wanted, with not having to make the user have to worry about were certain files are located and all. However you could just have both systems. Android has a file system and most casual users never interact with it AT ALL, people just use it every once in a while in rare cases, and only nerds use it often. The average selfie taking normie never has to deal with it. iOS could do a similar thing.

You're clearly stupid. You could've opened the file in the FileExplorer and it would've asked you with which app to open. I literally do this every day on my iPhone when I fiddle around with various versions of pdf files. Why are you even on this board if you're to stupid to use an iDevice?

Why are you downloading individual tracks onto your phone? Why don't you have your whole music library auto-synced between your computer and mobile? What are you, a pleb?

Not him and I wish I could do it but there is no iPhone with 512gb storage yet.

Why is he even using individual files? I just transfer all my albums to VOX and that's it. Not fiddling around necessary. What the fuck is wrong with him?

I tried that, but it didn't work, Adobe Acrobat Reader wasn't an option. The only way I got it to open was to use the iCloud method. The PDF reader in FileExplorer also didn't work because it was an Adobe PDF with some encryption preventing it from being read from any other app, except for Adobe Acrobat Reader.

I would also like to note, I spent like 40 min googling for solutions other than iCloud or some time consuming bullshit. And it was my 5th day of owning my iPad Pro. After this event I just gave it to my nephew since I knew I would never be able to use it unless it had a filesystem, then I went and bought a Tab S3 and have been happy ever since.

Why didn't you use GoodReader? It can open every PDF.

>Managing files in a filesystem is Windows 95

Because buying iCloud was cheaper, and this wasn't my only issue with the device, it was just the final nail in the coffin. So after I read my file and finished work the next day my nephew came over and I just gave it to him. And went onto amazon and ordered a Tab S3 when he had left.

>That's because nobody of these dumb users dares to use it.
then why you scared that normie using it?