I wanna build a gaming pc but I'm not sure if I should wait until the inte x series comes out...

I wanna build a gaming pc but I'm not sure if I should wait until the inte x series comes out. What do you thing Sup Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=TWFzWRoVNnE&t=140s
youtube.com/watch?v=PbDFLgNI76s
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

the x series in a meme, user. where have you been?

Just get a z270 and 7700k if u are using it for gaymin

>i7 for gaming

>buying Intel in the first place

That was my plan. I guess I just wanted a second opinion. Thanks

the i7 is leleliterally the best for gaymin user, will probably be surpassed by kaby-x when it comes out.

Neither of which are good value for money.

I just prefer intel. Idk if I trust ryzen just yet. Amd has let me down in the past

Then I can recommend our i7-6950X.
It is well worth its price and is like 5% faster than Ryzen's alternative the 1800x for just 1000$ more.

You aren't a poorfag, aren't you user?

the lowest clock models of the ryzen lineup have really good value, 1400 1600 and 1700 outperform their counterparts when overclocked to 4ghz, all the while with the other chips not being able to go above those 4 ghz, with a freaking stock cooler.

>falling for x299 meme cpus

Just buy a 6700k or 7700k and call it a day.

I am a poorfag. I'm relying on graduation money for my pc. Kill me

Unless you're also doing editing or some other actual processer heavy shit i7 is beyond futureproofing and into overkill territory. By all means if you've got dads credit card go ahead

Wait, save, and buy everything in one go.

i'm talking about the 7700k user, the 4c8t, i'm not saying buy a 6950x

>buying Intel
>2017

Oh shit nigger just buy a ryzen 1400 or 1600 and get your ass out of here, if you're a poorfag there's no reason to buy intel, unless you want a pentium.
Muhh gayyyming benchmarks between 7700k and ryzen are pretty much the same now, you either get more cores for the same price or the same cores for less money and you save electricity

ryzen is as good as intel for half the price.
Intel is extremely anti-consumer, if you buy their shit you are a true fuccboi.

My budget is $1200

7700k + Z270

but if you go with the yid, you must delid
and buy a decent cooler.

Yea OP get it
Here is a good review on why intel is the way to go.
youtube.com/watch?v=TWFzWRoVNnE&t=140s

Then get a ryzen 1700x, one nvme ssd and a couple regular ssds, a good amount of ram, like at least 16gb and an rx 580, spend the rest on 2 good monitors, 144hz or higher resolution, whatever floats your boat. You're not going to have to upgrade for 5 years.

I was gonna get an i7 or i5 with a Gtx 1070 and a z270 with 16gb of ram

>doesn't play strategy games

With a budget of $1200 only a retard would buy an i5, that poor thing struggles on a game if you even so much as have discord open in the background.

A 7700k would cost you the same as an 1700x, but you get 2 times as many cores on the 1700x, and performance in gaming is the same.

Nothing wrong witha GTX 1070 right now, but they suck for vulkan and dx12 because all the scheduling happens in the driver, instead of on the card like with GCN cards from AMD. You're gonna have a tough time in a few years with that.
Another problem is that the driver has to be optimized for every game that comes out, and Nvidia stops doing that for old cards. AMD cards don't need as much optimization in driver and will still work.

Buy a 1700 or a 1700x - unless you want to delid dis(tm) and have less cores, higher temps and higher power comsuption for the same money.

get the i7 and gtx 1070 for gaming

this AMD shilling degenerate has no idea what he's talking about. Games not optimized for for 8 cores. won't be for the next decade. Drivers issues has only AMD with their cancerous GPUs.
NVidia Intel best combo for gaming don't even consider buying anything AMD.

Do not buy Intel at that price ceiling. Your CPU is not going to be the bottleneck, be it Intel or AMD. Focus on graphics card, motherboard with good support for nvme, the nvme itself, memory and some better monitors. Maybe even a better keyboard/mouse.

get the i7 and 1070, 16gb as you planned

0.05 Hyperthreaded(c) cores deposited on your babylake

1600X and a good GPU
1600(+ overclock) and a slightly better GPU would be my choice

Are you retarded or just trying to justify your inferior purchase?

>games optimized for 4 cores on consoles
>only thing running is the game
>buy quad core
>shits its pants when you try to open a browser while gaming

get core 2 duo for real performance

You can tell he is internally furious right now because someone came across his shilling for AMD.
See OP that's why you never ask Sup Forums for any advice. Here are over 90% shilling shit skins pretending to now things.
Also note how he has anti Intel images at hand, it's because his entire life is worthless and miserable from all the losing to Intel and Nvidia.

name 5 relevant games optimized for 8 cores / 16 threads
I'll wait

Ryzen 1700x. Easy choice.

I've bought nothing but Intel CPUs for the last 10 years and am fanboy myself, yet I'm still saying this. (an i5 would be complete retardation btw)

i7 gtx 1070 without any questions for gaming

true, but is there actually a strategy game worth playing that's new enough to be processor intensive?

Well ur mom is optimized for 8 dicks

hook line and sinker you living degenerate

It doesn't matter if gaymes utilize all 8. There are still 4 cores that have almost the same IPC as the i7. Yet the ryzen will provide superior multitasking and future proofing, along with the same performance (and far higher minimum frame rates to boot).

Worth playing is subjective, and to me no fucking game in the last 5 years is worth playing at all and anything older can be ran on a toaster.

>it doesn't matter
>futureproofing, multitasking
he went from buy 8 core cpu to it doesn't matter to multitasking
OP is building a gaming rig you abomination. i7 is more than enough for multitasking, gaming and youtube.
Still need those 5 games you were spouting about optimization.

So you're saying he should buy the less capable CPU for the same price just because he doesn't "need" anything more for gaming? really makes you think.

The Ryzen chip also has better power consumption

No one cares

>less capable CPU for gaming
No that's not what I'm saying, abomination.

get the 1070, i7 as you planned for games

Enjoy your shitty minimum frame rate dips and stuttering, Mr. 7700k.

Come back in 2-3 years when your CPU has aged like shit.

that's so adorable what he pulls out of his ass,
funny thou how nobody complains about it ever. Don't be surprised when the G4560 runs every game on the market in the next 2-3 years and you were pretending something about needing 8 cores.
AMD niggers are so pathetic It's hilarious.

>paying 30% more for 5% more frames in a game with half the number of cores and threads

>2 cores
>2017

This is some ultimate poorfaggotry, I think even Americans living off a 4GB datacap live better than you

I have an i5 and I'm going to a Ryzen 1800X to get a i5 or a i7 is like buying a 6 year old chip. Intel is garbage this year.

you really shouldn't be calling anyone poor AMD fangirl

Get a x or b motherboard with an AM4 socket
A ryzen 1700 and overclock it with the stock cooler to around 4 ghz, update the bios before

a gtx 1070

16 gigs of ram with good memory, like 3000+

one ssd too boot from and one hdd( add more if you wish)

a GOOD PSU like 500-600 watts from corsair or evga like the supernova series
case can be whatever as long as the specifications fit your graphics card

thermal paste is preapplied to the cooler but it might be a good idea to get a tube yourself and apply some on the cpu yourself.

I got a 3570k and since I don't play manchildren entertainment slideshows I don't care to upgrade.

I'm not the one recommending a $60 CPU, you beggar.

Just get a 7700k if you want to juice every frame
Ryzen 1600 if you want to save a bit of money only losing 5-10% perfomance

yea but you take part in the flamewars. just as bad faggot.

some games, like Far Cry 4 won't even start on dualcores such as Pentium. You can google it and see for yourself.

I didn't. See you don't even get the reference to the g4560 being relevant in the 2-3 years for games. Dropped out of elementary?

Farcry is garbage

It wasn't relevant 5 years ago it isn't relevant now.

Dual cores, jesus that's basically 2011 macbook air tier.
That's not even enough for a dedicated facebook machine.

youtube.com/watch?v=PbDFLgNI76s

shut the fuck up please

>people recommending spending more money on a CPU than a GPU for gaming
Just buy an i5, a non ricer motherboard, 8 GB of RAM and a gtx1080. The case doesn't matter nor do you need a PSU with more than 650 watts.

I have 4670k and 1080Ti, so what processor is best to pair with gpu now?

ah yea, seemingly people must've "fixed" this with 3rd party patches
still, a dual core in these days will work only for gaming and nothing else. Quadcore is minimum these days, even a Phenom II would work just as good if not better in games compared to that shitty dualcore.

>bottlenecking your cpu

thats like your opinion

if youre only gaming get a ryzen 1600 or 1600x, but youd need to spend 100 bucks on a new motherboard so thats probably a nono for you

Manchildren should be gassed on site.

Fucking FPS games, disgusting.

amazing with how many excuses a retard can come up with within seconds after getting told

maybe 2 years ago. There are games that perform noticeably better with an i7

dude will you please shut the fuck up, even me hating intel to the core, would say that the pentium g4560 is an amazing value processor perfect for budget gaming, no 50 dollar amd processor of same value will reach the performance of the pentium, more cores doesnt mean higher performance seeing as the FX series was hot fucking garbage.

7740k would be the way for you, have fun.

>2 cores
>2017

Dedicated
Facebook
Machine

Hint: Get a phone

Just wait for Ryzen 3 and your intel fanboyism will be dead

why would I want to wait for this exactly... what
is everything okay there over buddy?

well if i didn't have the money i wouldn't ask.

And yes im only gaming, so why 1600(x) is better than like 7700k?

>And yes im only gaming, so why 1600(x) is better than like 7700k?
It's not.

>1600(x) is better than like 7700k
hell no

either youre too lazy to look at benchmarks on youtube or too retarded to remember the name of the processor

Enjoy your dualcore you fucking faggot intel fanboy

>intel fanboyism
nigger are you retarded, did you even read what i said
man both sides are fucking moronic pieces of shit as always but i guess you cant do anything about it.

>dual core
It could be called The Holy Vagina of Virgin Mary and in fact be its direct fully functional physical reincarnation for all I care, it's garbage.

>youtube

Oh that explains a lot.

12 threads, cheaper, on par IPC. It's about 90% of the performance for 60% of the cost - of course, you could say about the same thing for the i5 line up but the 1600 is more future proof and it's nice to do other things with your processor. The 1600 also comes with a cooler (not the 1600X though) and will work with lower end B350 motherboards which are on average cheaper than the H270 lineup. The power consumption is about the same as an 1700.

The disadvantage is to leverage full performance you need to spend more on higher frequency, lower latency DDR4 which is expensive right now, it's less overclockable and since it is clocked a few hundred megahertz lower than the competition it's also going to slightly underperform, but generally it's not that visible.

Regardless of your choice the GPU, the SSD, and your monitor will be larger factors in terms of performance.

>would rather put a phenom in his system than an up to date processor with hyper threading
u wot m8

No, I'd rather put basically anything, including used 2011+ quadcores that went through 4 different owners before a shitty dual core cripplet with circuitry downs

Is 1700x better than 7700k?

I just want to upgrade my cpu to pair with my gpu
And if im going to buy processor i will buy best board to suit my needs, money aint problem

Get a 6950X

heres a good psu to go with it but you wont be able to sli tho

I'm sorry I made this thread it turned into a shitshow.

No HEDT is "worth it" just for gaming, unless you like wasting money.
Stick with the regular consumer lines.

>Is 1700x better than 7700k?
Yes it is, 8 vs 4 cores, same average performance in games, less micro stuttering.