So some of my ram is no longer showing up

So some of my ram is no longer showing up.
It shows 40GB, even with it in or out.
Should be 48... It was also much hotter then the rest. Did my 290x barbecue it? It's sitting right under it.

Is this reason enough to rma it?
Do I contact the seller? Or the manufacturer.

Ask in the stupid questions thread you moron.

no, fuck you

On kingstons site, it says I can return it to the seller, or ship it to them at my cost.

Will amazon replace it for free? Or just try to refund it, which they are twice as much money now.

memtest86+

This is what you do:
Take out the ram underneath your 290x
Take out ram from a couple slots above
Replace, keep the ram from the working slots out
See if your computer reports whatever amount is supposed to be in.

That way you'll know if it's the slots or the sticks.

are any of your CPU/socket pins bent?

>mem
Lmao ebyn :DDDDD

Nope, worked for 9 months.
Not sure when it died though, I dont really pay attention to my ram.

I really cant be bothered. I doubt its the motherboard though.

It wont even show up in BIOS.

You fucking post outside /sqt/ but "can't be bothered" when some awesome user tries to give you help
Just google it you little faggot. Why do you need 48gigs of ram anyways? You have a 290x you idiot. Lemme guess, you also have a 2500k?

>48 GB
It's refusing to work because 48 is a faggot amount, get either 32 or 64.

/thread

>2500k
no thanks.

It's in tripple channel. The motherboard has 12 sockets, 6 slots per socket, 6 sticks of 8GB. It worked fine until now.

>someone tells you to fuck off
>respond "no fuck you
>someone gives you helpful advice
>respond "can't be bothered"
Fuck off ya cunt

I should clarify I guess. I dont really think the test of swapping sockets will show a different result. It is more likely the cheapest ram stick (at the time) is bad and not a $600 motherboard.

But mostly because the computer sits on a shelf at arms length high. I can not reach the top slots even.
I'll probably do it tomorrow.

[User@root # ]lshw

run lshw and see how many ram cards it thinks you have plugged in. should tell you if a memory card is bad by if its missing or not

Best I can do, bios confirms 40gb as well,

Also, as you can see, windows is retarded.

confirmed user, this obviously isnt working correctly because the number of GB of ram is not a perfect power of two. In fact, 48 is a multiple of 3, which is coprime to 2, which is obviously why this is failing.

Computers HATE it when you give them numbers like 48. Its like asking someone to count by multiples of 3 when they only have 2 fingers.

also, if your using 6x 8GB RAM sticks, try switching to 8 sticks of 6GB ram, you still get the same 48GB of memory (which still isnt a power of 2) but atleast you have 2^3 slots which makes your RAM bus much more efficient

give user a break, he prolly just got the ransomware removed and got his pc up and running again

And then triple channel won't work. As per the motherboard recommendation, and the Intel spec for the cpus, this is the correct layout.

12 SOCKETS and 6 SLOTS per SOCKET? Your motherboard has 72 memory slots? What is it? An entire rack composed of one motherboard?