"Rex regnat et non gubernat"

>"Rex regnat et non gubernat"
>"The King reigns but [literally 'and'] does not govern"

Remind me again why we need them?

tourism money

Why isn't this "Rex regnat sed non gubernat"?
It's an antithesis.

We need them because it is often useful to have well mannered figureheads that hold no real power. They can visit states to honour them, but are not kept from other important business in doing so.

muh history
muh tourism
muh culture

etc

we dont
people say "tourism" but even then people really dont care about them that much
no-one gave a shit about the royal familys second child (who i cant even remember the name of now)

they should turn all of their shitty palaces into museums tbqh

90% of Japanese support the emperor system in Japan.
It works well.

Isn't the emperor of Japan considered a demigod?

>it's a japan asks a stupid question early in the morning thread

parasites.

not after ww2 i think all references to the ad hoc spirit amaterasu were removed from official documents

90% of Japanese would support anything as long as it's the status quo.

It's difficult
Japanese religion is really different from European one

Even you and me are gods in Japan
You are naturally a god, but after suffered and influenced by substantial matters in THIS world, you get impure and less godlike
So Japanese religion weigh the purity, to live as pure as a baby

The Emperor is a god in this sense.
Even before WWII, nobody believes that he created the world or that he is the governer of the heaven

You know Europeans weren't always Christians, right? They know what animism and shamanism are from pre-Christian times. You don't have to explain it to them like they're children.

What he's asking is if the Japanese believe that the emperor has been divinely appointed to his position or if he's just another ordinary human that represents a pre-modern tradition.

France/Italy get more of that

americans are european

The royal family are held to a higher moral and cultural standard, making them better people than most, and valuable as diplomats and role models.

In theory at least, when i see the nobility start being arrogant, lazy faggots I want to shoot them.

>They know what animism and shamanism are from pre-Christian times.

no they don't

They're aware of it. It permeates a lot of their folklore and traditions.

>yfw every country in yurop except france would be a kingdom if it wasn't for ww1

The Dutch king actually holds relatively much power compared to other monarchs.

Respect brother.

German knows the best way to break European tradition, or in other words, they has been reformers
They tried it many times
They broke Roman Empire, splitted Western Christianity into two pieces, broke kingdoms by WWI, had Europe give America the govern right of the world and get specialized into wellfare society, and now changing European society with many immigrants

You're discussing us like we're African monkeys.
What do you need to know about the old ways?

This is either a proxy or Japan has completely bought into the dank Sup Forums memes

I WANT A NEW KING
MAKE FRANCE GREAT AGAIN
GAS THE PRESIDENT
POLITICAL WAR NOW

figurehead for the continuity of the nation

Actually, don't have time for your rp.
Could have been fun but you're a bunch of kids.
Take care.

kek
Poor Jap, look what we've done

You're worse than him

I'm really really sorry but is not for you but for forgive my carelessness

The Japanese have a really bad habit of assuming that we can't understand their culture because it's "lol so different and unique". I'm pointing out that European cultures are hardly strangers to shamanism and animism.

On the subject of monarchies - I think they're mostly harmless (as long as they're of the constitutional variety) and it's good that countries with them can maintain their traditions, but I don't think I could ever support one existing here.

so millions of people flock to the tower of london and gib tourism monies

Interesting theory but wrong. Germany suffered the most from dismantling the nobility and empire.

fuck him