Why is Linux so terrible?

Why is Linux so terrible?

Because retarded Arch users who don't value freedom, enjoy systemdick, and use and encourage proprietary software are trickling into the community and ruining it for good. For chrissake, the most popular page on the Arch wiki was at one point the article on Steam. They even have an article on Netlfix, which is anti-user, anti-privacy DRM and doesn't even work without cookies enabled - and they have an article dedicated to it regardless. In general, people who willingly use proprietary services and software are killing Linux, as well as GUI-fags who're too scared to use the terminal.

systemD I C C
idiots arguing about "muh license" when systemd is GPL
not a proper architecture
Richard Stallman and the 70.000 autists
and a few miles of technical issues. Search "Major Linux Problems on the Desktop, 2017 edition".

Use TAILS. It's the best Linux distribution.

I love Linux Mint!

>Literal cuck operating system
Stop trying to push your shitty fetish onto others, you filthy BSD fags.

Epik meme, freetard.

GPL is actual cuckoldry by contract.

Freetard isn't even a good insult for these people, they're bound by copyleft lol

Even if they are using their redefined version of freedom I still think freetard's a pretty good word for them, these poor little delusional bastards think they're free.

I don't know, why?

>deflecting the blame: the post
Man, freedom non-conformists really are the whipping boy of this community.

Meanwhile the real reason linux isnt on every desktop is the user hostile nature of everything linux does. From system management, to looking up information online, the community demands you bow down to the knowledge of poorly written, and horribly obtuse manuals like its 1985 again, or even worse, demanding you learn how the program works in order to use it. Some people don't want to learn how to program in order to operate their system. When linux learns that, then linux will actually grow beyond a 2% market share.

Even legacy compatibility could be overcome if linux devs got their head out of their asses when it comes to UX.

>inb4 b-but you dont need to, just look at-
No. Your favorite OS and Terminals don't count cause you need to memorize the commands of whatever program you are doing in order to do anything, and there are system level settings that you can not access through the GUI. In my book, that's close enough to programming for the distinction to not matter when it comes to end-users.

>Literally get cucked by the likes of Apple and Sony
>Th-thank y-you

>it's only cucking when its other peoples projects
>it's okay for the companies to use my software in their product despite me not getting paid for my work
middle zozzle

There are lots of people who get paid to work on Linux, though.

>cucked
>not honored by the fact that a multinational corporation is using my software in a product
>not proud of the fact that my software is being used by millions of people
>not being a philanthropist by offering my software for all of humanity to use while asking for nothing but mere credit in return
You poor selfish delusional freetard, maybe someday you'll learn.

Same with BSD, Netflix, Apple, and Sony pay developer salaries for work on mainline. I'm sure other people do this as well, they're just the most notable. The FreeBSD foundation alone raises a shitload of money every year, I'm not sure about other forks.

Why does any of this matter though? You should use software based on its merit, not external factors that are meaningless to you.

>You should use software based on its merit, not external factors that are meaningless to you.

yeah, right. get this hothead out of here.

And what merits does FreeBSD have?
I don't consider cuckoldry a merit, though.

Arch kids are the beta testers of the Linux desktop user experience, they wrote a good wiki.

For example if you want to test your Linux software for free, just give it the name "neo-${name-of-your-software}" and feed it to Arch users, they consider it a cool thing and will use it and report bugs.

Give Gentoo a try.

If you spend 2-3 years seriously learning it then it can be almost as good as other OSs.

I can "this" this post.
>seriously
Eh not really. Basically just USING the system and attempting to fix and problems that arise.

BSD is more coherent due to being a whole OS rather than a kernel.
It has its advantages and disadvantages.

What I value may not be in line with what you value, you'd have to evaluate it yourself.

systemd is GPL

faggots

What the hell does that have to do with what I was saying?

Where did anyone say it wasn't?

Shut up you cheap Richard Stallman wanna be. There's absolutely nothing wrong with people wanting to use steam and netflix on a linux box. And why the fuck would you want to spend all day inside a terminal if you're not a sysadmin?
You've got to be a fucking autist or a troll.

former bsd user here
why doesnt openbsd have ZFS yet?

Linux has better support and its shameful
i had to switch back

>There's absolutely nothing wrong with people wanting to use steam and netflix on a linux box
There's everything wrong with willingly using and supporting those services. Both collect user data, Steam directly about your system and usage habits, making it literal malware. Retards like you would welcome DRM integrating with the kernel if it made using such proprietary services easier for you. You have no common sense, you're just ignorant. Use Windows, whatever, but please, stay away from Linux.

Steam doesn't collect user data unless you accept the request you misinformed dolt. And bullshit scaremongering about integrating DRM with the kernel just proves that you're sucking the tits of Stallman too long to think clearly.

The porting is in progress.

you know, you can use ZFS on Linux quite easily if it's that important to you.

nvm, I think I misunderstood your post.

>Steam doesn't collect user data unless you accept the request
Imagine being this retarded. It's written in their privacy policy, which you agree to by having an account and using their service.

Man, are the BSD guys still salty about that time they got sued into oblivion? It's over guys, you won. UNIX died. We only have nix inspired clones. You can calm down now.

When both set up as a desktop OS with all of the basic software installed (Firefox, email client, PDF viewer, media player etc) would OpenBSD still be more secure than FreeBSD? Without any major tweaking.

Steam uses the data to generate better experience for users

Have you even used it? A pop comes up once maybe 6 months apart that asks you if you consent to collection of data and what type of data is collected. You can just answer now if you want. Dumb ass tinfoil monkey.

"can just answer *no*"

>UNIX died
>still has higher desktop market share than lunix
????

Subject: Q: moving directories? hard links?
Date: Sat, 16 Apr 2011 11:56:46 -0700

On Sat, Apr 16, 2011 at 11:17 AM, Skip Tavakkolian wrote:
> Linux has slowly become Windows-lite

Except for the lite part.

-rob

I bet this retard is scared of shopping on Amazon too, cause they might collect data on your buying habits.

>freedom
>In general, people who willingly use proprietary services and software are killing Linux
You don't even know what freedom is.

The *BSD's are good for data centres and routers, not so much for desktop usage. There is a reason the *BSD devs primarily use Mac's.

If you want to stick with FOSS, use a Linux distribution on your desktop and use one of the BSD's in a VM.