Do google and Microsoft actually care about what you search up and do online besides advertisment purposes...

Do google and Microsoft actually care about what you search up and do online besides advertisment purposes? Say you search up nothing illegal , but maybe questionable things would they care at all?

Other urls found in this thread:

dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-4417896/Google-Hire-tool-allow-employers-search-history.html
myactivity.google.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

They might not, but your future employer might

google has been known to scout/hire people based on their search terms
bing just forwards everything to cia

No but say they have your banking info (which they do). A hacker can just go and take it using yoyr gmail account(and gmail is not secure).

they dont care but 3rd parties do

chains like walmart buy your data

advertising agencies buy your data

health insurance companies buy your data

private corporations that deal with data aggregation and hoarding buy it

private investigator companies buy your data so clients (normal citizens) can utilize it

all of them are building a profile on you based on those actions

>uh user it says here that you like to masturbate and only buy junk food

>i cant give you this loan and youre not approved for insurance sorry

Future employers do not have access to google search history.

google sells data to third parties

a future employer can be a third party

And I wouldn't put it past them to have a service some day where they'll sell that information to employers. Or to anyone else who's willing to pay for it.

There's also the problem that even if you're not doing anything illegal, the government spying machine (which is mostly automated) might decide that it looks like you are. And then you can get yourself trapped in a Kafkaesque hell where the government thinks you're a terrorist, nobody knows why, and you can't clear your name.

This has happened to plenty of people with the no-fly lists. Names get on the list for who knows why and never come off, and some unfortunate people who've done nothing wrong get interrogated and searched and sometimes sent back every time they try to fly.

>imblying personally identifiable information
dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-4417896/Google-Hire-tool-allow-employers-search-history.html

>google sells data to third parties
Wait wtf, source? Where might I purchase data about someone?

Google also never forgets anything in their databases. So even if they don't do that now, do you trust them to never do it ever? I don't.

its just statistics you fuck nugget, you think they send search histories of individual accounts
youre fucking retarded

>dailymail
Can you please post literally any other fucking source there is, you fucking prepubescent teenage girl.

metadata can be very identifiable

that was just the first result
>on google
stop being so autistic

Why would an employer care about one's search history? I'd imagine they wouldn't care if someone has thoughts they CANNOT help etc..

read the EULA and TOS and Privacy Policy

So they can avoid hiring people who have the wrong political opinions

why do employers care about your media accounts or history of employement?

why do they care about criminal history?

because you are a investment and they want a return

go to myactivity.google.com/
sign in
close your eyes and imagine for a second that you own a company and you are looking to hire someone, its a big investment, employees cost a lot and shit employees are really hard to get rid of

now scroll through that list and decide whether you might make a good employee or not

Well ...just cause someone likes to have pictures of little kids (girls) doesn't make them a bad employee does it?? At the worst it's just a curiosity.

it's fine to have or search for as long as you don't discriminate based race or ethnicity, or whether they're fat, handicapped, or retarded.

I do not like male,black,fat and handicapped .
I guess that I m not worthy of some epyc job.

im pretty sure naruto is worse than all of those

This is boruto his son with pumpkin hair.

Still would hit his 2d ess.

o fukk that turbo autist had a son, shit fuck nigger god damn wtf theres no way

Must be hard living in an country without universal healthcare and no privacy

m8 your privacy laws arent gonna stop goolel releasing your info, you already signed their terms of service, you might as well just lube your anus and wait for the rape to arrive

Yeah no, I use ducks to find my shit on the web

>and no privacy
So where do you live then? Mars?

ok
1) >ddg >privacy
2) this is a goog/msft thread

Planet Earth m8, what happens on America doesn't means it affects where I live.

not to mention they changed their term of service a couple years ago to include all google services and your account ie gmail/youtube/playstore/googlebrowser/googlenow/google ect ect

so if you have signed up for one of them you agreed to every privacy policy terms of service and license agreement

Excuse me for wanting a source with a shred of credibility.

private industry and governments arent the same thing pal

microsoft and google can do what they want in other countries because you agree to their terms

its about taking out a monopoly like google

what else will take hold?
everyone else has failed and someone you need to choose the lesser evil

plus id argue alot of that is unverified speculation where google and microsoft have been caught red handed working with agencies to extend vulnerabilities so they could spy and collect or infect targets

No, and it is even unlikely that your personal search history is ever viewed by a human at all. They all use clever algorithms and AIs these days to tailor ads towards you.

The issue, however, is that there is very lax regulations controlling this. Google and Microsoft own this information. If they want, they can look into it in detail. They can sell it to 3rd parties, like potential employers or health insurance companies.

Imagine political opponents being allowed to buy search and browsing history of politicians, and using that against them.

These

ISPs in US are literally selling user's search history.