/sqt/ because old one is almost kill

You know the drill:
-post your small tech support questions HERE, don't create a thread for them
-don't just bump the thread, most people look for posts without replies
-take at least 10 seconds checking your problem with a search engine

old:

Other urls found in this thread:

tb.rg-adguard.net/index.php
newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820313662)
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I'm trying to install Windows on a drive with a drive formatted as GPT, but for some reason windows things it's formatted as MBR. Is there any way to fix that?

pastebin dot com slash 61575Ugs
Trying to make a PC.io bot. In dire need of help

Where do I properly dispose laptop batteries?

I'm 18 years old. Finished highschool not long ago. Never had a job and obviously no degree but I have been programming since I was 10. C, C+, Python, Java, HTML, CSS, JavaScript. Very tech savvy in general. I'm in NYC. That being said, how do I get a job? I don't have friends or networking or any of that BS. I'd like to work in Japan one day as well. What do I do Sup Forums?

shops where you can buy electronics, machines and of course batteries usually have containers for collecting old batteries, lamps and small machines.

*Philadelphia
I don't know why that came out as NYC.
Freudian slip I guess.

One of my SD cards got fucked up while rooting my phone, how to I fix this

get testdisk (available for both gnu+linux and windows. don't worry it's free software)
try to recover as much data as you can
wipe your SD card and re-partition it.

I have this script for removing unwanted files from within folders.Currently i have filenames with spaces and special characters in them that are not being picked up.What do i need to change to find these spaced and special characters filenames and have them execute the script,in this case rar files.
for i in $(find . -name "*.rar"); do mv $i ./ ; done

Answer me

where can i buy an rx 580
no ebay

Mcfuckin kill your self.Why would you want to be a codemonkey and waste your life away.
Find a product thats missing in the industry and create it and sell it

If i have a shit tablet laptop thing with 1200x800 resolution, can i output actual HD to a television via the HDMI port?

do mv "$i"

I don't care about the date I just want combine all the memory back together then format it

Still didnt pick up the rar's

*Data

If your IGPU supports it, yes, easy.

Amazon, newegg, local business, fry´s, microcenter, etc.

I like the job. I'll be literally paid for doing something I like. Just please tell me how I get a decent job in the IT industry. I know a lot of stuff but have no degrees or formal experience.

Thank you very much.

Just remember 1080p is more intensive than 800p and if you have a shitty weak laptop it might slow it down.

The shell uses white space to detect tokens, which happens in the "for i in", so move doesn't have a chance as is. Write a small script to read in a line of text then execute the mov command with the text in double quotes. Then do
find . -name *.rar | my_mov_script.sh

Any anons on mediacom know if they still do the 3 strike dmca policy?

Come again?

You'll probably have to get a degree unless you find someone looking for just any code monkey. So I guess look to startups?

I was at this shitty IT business that didn't require a degree, just that you do a two month unpaid training course that they provided. Then, before your first three months were up and they'd have to switch you to a higher paying salaried position, they'd fire you. Fun.

>literally paid for doing something I like
For maybe the first year,then you regret taking the job and your life as a codemonkey.

Seriously to get in to the industry MAKE something successful and have people coming to you for a job.
If your skills are as you claim,this wont be a problem for you at all

Man that sucks. I don't want to waste 5 years of my life going to college only to learn on more crap I already know. Guess I have no choice then. What kind of degree? CS?

I want to set up a new computer because I recently started a new business, I would also like to use this computer for private use but it's very important that there is no virus or problems with my computer.
I would like to use an old computer I have from like 5 years ago, it has pirated windows on it (7 ultimate I think) and would like to put an official version of 10 on it, just standard home edition I think 64 bit too.
Which parts of the computer should I replace for maximum safety and so that I wont run into any problems because of the old pirate windows or possible virusses / scanners that came with it?
I read in the internet virusses or these kind of scanners / files could spread literally anywhere from HDD to GPU to Mobo to even internal memory of a mouse (I have one that saves settings on memory inside the mouse) to even monitor, I'm very confused.
Could someone please help me out? I would like to make no mistakes, it's very important everything works as if it would be new and completely safe, like I said I want to use this computer for doing banking and also for my new business and also for personal use.
Help would be much appreciated.

I could guess just CS would be good enough. From what I've heard also look into getting your certs, those will just make you more valuable.

You need to understand the most fundamental basics of computing.Your post is all over the place and is comical

Given a file named "What is this crap.rar"
your do loop does this:
mv what ./
mv is ./
mv this ./
mv crap.rar ./
That's the way the shell breaks down a sequence with "for i in".
The person who said to put $i in quotes forgot that the split would happen before the do loop ran.
You need to take the one file per line output of the find command and put that line of text in quotes before using it as an argument to mv.

1. Don't use it for personal use if you want to be absolutely sure it won't get gunked up

2. I dunno, use an antivirus / spy-mal ware program? Hardware won't really protect you.

3. You might want to pay for Windows, write it down as a business expense?

Pretend that there's a [/code] before "That's"

Which means?

sorry I will try to write better (english is not my mother language)
I have old computer, it uses windows (I think it is windows 7 ultimate), this computer I want to clean completely and put windows 10 home on it.
I want to remove every virus or keyscanner or weird stuff that possibly got on there trough internet downloads or trough installing pirated windows 7 so that I never will have any problem after I put windows 10 on it.
it is very important this works good because i want to use this computer for my business and also personal use and internet banking etc.
hope this was better.

Is there something you have to do after installing a new SSD? I just plugged it in and assigned it a Letter. Is that it or is there something I should do to make it run better?

What's the website for the Windows 7 isos with sp 1 + good updates applied so that I can install and go?

hey there thank you for answer
is it better to buy new parts? which could I reuse safely?

i will check antivirus, for now i use microsoft build in anti virus but im not sure if this is enough

yes, i will buy windows 10 official and no longer pirate, because now its very important everything is good and the computer is ''healthy''

forgot to write; can I reuse any parts or will i have to replace everything to be sure and safe?

put stuff on it, nothing else to do.

You might be able to take any parts you want to use and have a guy check them over, but I imagine he'd just bullshit you for some money.

If you find a way to reset everything to factory setting, that might be the best way to ensure everything is clean.

You could always consider just buying a new computer, if you're THAT paranoid. I've never run into a virus living in the bios of something, so I've never had to combat it.

How would you, say, move your OS to it to make it snappier?

Exactly what I said. Run your command with the "mov $i ./" replaced with echo $i to see what's happening to the file names.
Then grab a reference for shell scripting and figure out how to read the lines of text coming from find in a script and do what you want with the entire line. I've no intention of writing it for you.

yes, i thought of taking it to some guy but i too think he would fuck me over
do you think resetting to factory setting would also remove every potential threat?
thanks for the help

If something is deep enough, I THINK it could make it through a factory reset, but that would be a great step, especially if you're re-purposing the machine anyway.

tb.rg-adguard.net/index.php

Im not a programmer by any means, i just happen to throw it together and it worked

Clone it with macrium reflect

The fans of my GPU keep spinning and stopping every 5 sec or so on idle and it makes a tiny sound which annoys me. Where can I make it so they don't run at all when idle? With what program? Please.

Everytime I try to connect my mum's zenfone 3 max (android 6.0) to a gen 2 chrome cast the tv screen is black and the phone runs out of memory. Does anyone know of a solution to this? My zenfone 2 (android 5.2) works flawlessly but this new phone isn't.
Everything is up to date according to the devices and I've already done a factory reset on the chrome cast.

Thank you. I'm on vacation and don't have my computer or links with me.

How in the fuck do I get OS X to work in Virtual Box, when I have a Kaby Lake CPU?

just bought some ram (newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820313662) but it won't boot with XMP settings enabled in the bios. it will post and i can get into the bios and change settings but it won't actually boot up once the settings are changed

i7 3770k (running at stock for the time being, usually i can get it to a comfortable 4.5Ghz with an H100i v2)
DZ77GA-70K

you dont need a degree if you socialize.

is NP = P ?

Boot one stick of ram at a time and see what happens

so i want to create public ut2k4 server, i have:
>pc1, ut server, behind nat
>vps with public address, open port is 15003
>pc2, ut client

so im connecting from pc1 to vps with a command
ssh -R 15803:localhost:7777 xx.xx.xx.xx -P 15800

unreal server listens on 7777, im connecting from pc2 to xx.xx.xx.xx:15803, this should connect pc2 and pc1 but it dont, what am i missing here?

same thing

it does post and boot if i just enable basic automatic settings but that forces it way down to 1333mhz

memtest after 5 minutes also couldn't find anything wrong on either stick

I have a mac pro and my GPU only has one working port what I need to know is if I buy another one can I use it for a second monitor without any special setup? Like just using a separate GPU for each monitor?

if you meme OS supports two GPUs then I don't see any reason why it wouldn't work.

The only problem that could rise is which monitor is the "first" (main) monitor, with software configuration or swapping the cards could fix that.

>1333
So you're overclocking and its throwing errors?
Remove your oc
>memtest
>5 minutes
It wouldnt find anything wrong,because it hasent scanned all of the memory in that short of time.
Run it for 24 hours with all the dimms in

When the memory address of a variable is stored using &, is it stored as a value?
For example if m is at memory location 5, and P = &m, does P now equal the value of 5? Like if you do P+1 it will equal 6?

Is there a way of tracking starts and stops of programs? I have something that looks like a CMD window appear every hour at xx:24, and it's only present for a split second. I have no idea what this is, and it alt-tabs my fullscreen applications, so it's rather annoying. I have tried closing any applications and programs running in the background I am usually using, but it seems it's still coming up. Any way to find out what the hell this is?

memtest is supposed to run overnight, 8 hours usually discovers mistakes if any, but more is better.

no it's actual 2400mhz. i linked the ram in the post before. i just want the actual speed and timings it's meant for

i also took off the OC on the i7 for the time being to make sure this all works and it's not an OC error

also i really, really don't think the ram is bad because it works on my fiance's board in the desktop i built for him

with the proper timings, mind you

If its clocking it that low check your motherboard,it may not support 2400 without oc'ing.

Not the same guy, but are you by any chance running these sticks along with another pair of sticks that are not the same? Because that forces them to downgrade to the nearest "common denominator" to put it that way.

>does P now equal the value of 5?
Yes.
>Like if you do P+1 it will equal 6?
Maybe. If m is a type that is multiple words in size, then P + 1 will equal 5 + the size of m in just about any language.

nope, just the new teamgroup sticks i bought

good question though

the dz77ga70k supports 2400mhz OC
which leaves me at a bit of a loss then, i suppose

I have happened upon quite a few illegal primes.What government agency should i contact to properly use these illegal primes?

whats the best way to estimate web application's functionality WITHOUT function points? I need to do a work and my professor doesnt want function points

what antivirus should i get? i have windows 8

The "dont donwload from shady websites" and the "dont run attachments from people you dont know" one

MalwareBytes Anti-Malware. Free version, no trial.

just answer the question

I did.
Also,why do you feel you are entitled to an answer? You aren't

Bump from last thread.

Cause that's the point of the thread. Piss off if youre going to be useless.

Is more than 4 GB of RAM is really needed when you have SSD with swap/pagefile enabled?

Im not being useless.I flat out told you how to not get infected.Its not my fault you're incompetent and cant follow basic rules of the internet

I'm using a MacBook Air, and sometimes I will see a PC show up in the shared list in finder. Obviously I have a PC, but it is turned off.

The name starts with "hp", would which lead me to believe its an HP computer, but I built my desktop.

I have a password on my network and all that. Any ideas? Its kind of freaking me out.

Common sense is all you need fuckface

What provides higher bandwidth access: RAM or SSD? Searching for that will let you see whats faster: RAM or page file on SSD.

I need a tiny bootable linux distro. It needs to boot up with sshd listening, and all I need to use once I'm logged in is dd.
Are there any solutions for this? I don't have a keyboard I can use on that machine.

That doesn't help him because that advice doesn't always apply. For example what if his friend gives him a file via USB stick? He has no idea what site it came from so common sense doesn't apply? What if he plugs in other people's infected devices in general? What if he is on a LAN with people who click email attachments and get worms?

>SSD
>Pagefile

It obvious RAM will be faster.
I meant from economical point of view, say you only need RAM to cache few GB of videos with mpv.

So the idea with an SSD is to put all your necessary files and shit on there then have your games on your HDD correct?

put the shit that you use daily on your ssd
put your other shit on your hdd

A few hours ago my PC froze and then I turned it off, after that my PC won't boot, not even get to the Asus screen or whatever, and a CPU_LED is solid red on the motherboard. I tried removing ram, removing my GPU and removing my CPU and putting it back on. I have no idea what to do anymore. I have an AMD FX 8350 and an Asus m5a99x Evo r2.0 motherboard.

Thanks. So I can transfer the games I have on it to the SSD whenever I want like a disk drive?

put prime 95 on a usb and see if you can test your cpu,it may be dead

I don't understand what you're asking.

Nevermind I'm stupid like the thread name implies :^)

Disk Scanner like tools for android?

The programming general didn't help, and I'm retarded so don't know what to look up for it.
I'd like to contribute to PS3 emulation, to maybe speed the process of usable, mostly-stable playstation emulation go slightly quicker. What would I need to know/learn if I want to do this?
I sold my PS3 ages ago, and have no money currently to buy one to try anything with it, so all I could theoretically do is emulate.
If anyone could point me in the right direction, that'd be wonderful. Thanks, Sup Forums