Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=CI5p79rDr0M
youtube.com/watch?v=VFKNWxR5Qno
youtube.com/watch?v=8NoYt2LyLcA
musiciansfriend.com/hot-deals?N=500002
guitarcenter.com/Epiphone/Les-Paul-Special-II-Electric-Guitar-518334.gc
youtube.com/watch?v=rwhvFLHIlBs
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Go to Rondo Music and buy a guitar from there. Cheap, but really good quality, and no-hassle returns.

>>Sup Forums

>>/gas/

Perhaps a Jackson Dinky? Or maybe a Squier Bullet Strat? Epiphone are also doing some cheap starter guitars as well now.

Squier also do starter packs which come with a small amp as well, although you can just buy the guitar and a cheap amp (such as a Roland Cube) depending on what seems best to you.

youtube.com/watch?v=CI5p79rDr0M
youtube.com/watch?v=VFKNWxR5Qno

Hopefully this helps.

find some SG clone

I forgot to post the video for the Epiphones
youtube.com/watch?v=8NoYt2LyLcA

Yeah cause there's nothing decent at that price range.

The rondomusic.com suggestion is OK, just know everything is going to suck at that price.

Avoid a floating trem like what's in that pic, get a fixed bridge and don't be a divebombing retard

Guitar is technology as well. We should have a Sup Forumsuitar general as well.

desu guitar and/or music tech doesn't change nearly enough to warrant such a general, but not a terrible idea.

Stratocaster clones.

>100ish dollars
Might as well chop your own wood.

Anything that isn't made in America might as well be firewood (save for exceptional luthiers like Yaron, Diggins, Gustavsson to name a few).

Buy a used MIA guitar and buy a new, crisp tube or go home.

no, but a audio general might be a good idea

isn't there a headphone general? I don't get on Sup Forums much lmao
Also this, look used, easier to find good shit for your price range. At the very least a 2-300 dollar guitar for half that.

Buy used. My first guitar cost me roughly $130, and it was a surprisingly good beginner guitar. You'll never find a quality "new" guitar for that price.

Go to your local Pawn Brokers and get yourself a used Squier Strat. They are a good beginners guitar. Learn on that then if you get any bit good on it get yourself something better.

But it's more related to music than to technology.
We can always discuss about building our own pickups and stuff but that doesn't warrant a general.

got any used music stores near? They will actually negotiate with you. I'm not so sure you're going to get any quality guitars for 100 tho. Not unless you get a stolen one on Craigslist.

A good beginner guitar = a low end quality guitar. think $300 - $400. If you can do the used music shop or pawn shop, think $250

>>>/craigslist/
You don't want to buy a new guitar for $100

stagg had some good cheap guitars, but basically,
applies

musiciansfriend.com/hot-deals?N=500002

You're not doing yourself any favors by getting a squire because they're basically toys, but there it is

I have a higher end squier strat, its nice but i really wish i got a double pickup guitar instead. it was one of the only left handed guitars available to me though

Sup Forums here, get at least a squier affinity (strat or tele your call) or a yamaha pacifica I've no idea how much those cost but they're pretty much a solid guitar right out of the box. I personally own a squier affinity tele and its pretty much a workhorse although the electronics are quite shit.

Squier bullets are literally the shittiest squiers.

>good
>$100
Pick one

The reason Sup Forums won't suggest anything that cheap is because everything in that price range is going to be complete trash.

If you buy a shitty $100 guitar, I can almost guarantee that you'll quit. You don't need an $800 guitar, but you definitely need something decent enough that you'll be excited to pick it up and play it every time. A poorly made guitar with dirt cheap components that plays like shit is not going to give you that feeling.

if you need quality to play then its not meant to be. i learned to play tuba a broken piece of rusted shit, didn't make me quit even though it wouldn't tune properly

Don't get a Squire. I regret the one I have.

whi h squier did you get? theres more than one

They don't seem to produce it anymore.
A 200$ black strat with silver "duncan designed" humbuckers.Not even a broken guitar, but compared to my 100$ Stagg it just feels uncomfortable to play.

Harley Benton TE-52 NA Vintage is surprisingly decent at that price. Also the lower tier Yamaha Pacifica series such as the 012 or 112.

noshred detected

For that price point you're shit out of luck if you want something new and decent. Second hand and decent? Possible. A nice Epiphone SG (G400 or something?) could be found at around that price, that's the electric I started with and I loved it. Honestly regret trading it.

Keep an open mind, don't buy something you don't like the look of just because of its price, and maybe consider waiting until you can stretch to 150-200, especially if you can't find anything.

this. if you want to shred like the metal gods you will learn on a fucking 2x4 with rusty ass strings plugged into a bucket if need be.

>shredlet
>laughinggirls.png

If you know anyone who is an experienced guitarist have them pick you out a guitar. You won't know what to look for and you might buy a guitar that's set up terribly. You will develop bad playing habits trying to compensate for a poorly set up guitar.
I'd also highly recommend starting on electric instead of acoustic, as they're easier on the fingers. Finger pain in the first few weeks before your callouses form is one of the primary reasons people quit when first learning guitar.

>If you know anyone who is an experienced guitarist have them pick you out a guitar.
I should elaborate on this: have them come with you and actually play any guitar you're thinking of buying. Don't mail order a guitar. An experienced guitarist should be able to tell by feel whether a guitar is set up properly or not.

>find a good beginner guitar for 100 ish dollars

I'm so sorry! Nothing in that price range is good, even used!

Don't buy a cheap guitar with a tremolo. It won't fucking stay in tune.

Mexican Squires Stratocaster, that's what you want to look for. It's kind of hard to get better than that, not impossible but hard. If you have a guitar store nearby go there and look for the shittiest colored squire that you can find it's usually gonna be pink and the cheapest, buy that.

Don't worry that it's pink, if you want to play in front of other people you can spray paint, you don't give a shit about the color you only care about the internals the pickups and how good the waters and the Mexican Squires Stratocaster's are some of the best you can get.

>shredlet
>he doesn't even know how to keep a floyd rose in tune
>probably has fat sausage fingers like yngwie

>floyd rose
Enjoy your no sustain and shitty tone.

This.
I'm a drummer, and brand new stuff is expensive as fuck.
Second hand instruments are often in good state, while being way better than new ones from the same price range.

OK, first off, you are a homosex.

Also. You will never find a decent guitar for under $200, unless you're buying a used one like some kind of cuck.

>muh sustain
>muh tone

shredlet confirmed

>he thinks tone on an electric guitar comes from anything but the pickups and fingers
>he probably wears dad sweaters and gazes at his shoes while strumming 4 chord progressions

Play bass and you won't ever be band-less

Tasteful soloing sounds good in any musical context. Shredding sounds absolutely silly in most musical contexts.
If you just want to play metal by all means get a tone-sucking FR and spend hours playing scales over and over until you can alternate pick them cleanly at a billion BPM.
If you want to play multiple genres you're better off spending your time working on producing tasteful, unique phrasing that will set you apart from other guitarists. If you can play slow melody lines with tasteful phrasing you'll sound pro as shit in any genre.

dude I am classically trained violinist through suzuki method since a little guy. i am proficient in many stringed instruments, and have much experience composing, performing, producing , engineering. i have played in many bands, orchestras, ensembles, etc.

it is my opinion that music is pretty fucking gay altogether. it is for homosex unless you play a mans music: metal.

the only people i see complaining about shred are shredlets.

First, go to a music store and play some to see what shape you like.

Next, don't get a guitar for $100. It'll be complete shit. Get a used one for $150-200. It'll be worth it. Look around. Ebay, Craiglist, pawn shops, ect

why are you faggots such retards? report the thread and move on.

if you want to talk about music gear, go lurk other boards like a vaguely normal autist. this board isn't homeroom period.

That's not Sup Forums, that's /dot/

>he thinks there's any moderation on Sup Forums
>he probably is a shredlet also

>Reddit spacing
>can't into shift key
>music is pretty fucking gay altogether
Man that's some convincing rhetoric.

Sup Forums is hardly any place to discuss music equipment, they're fucking retards.

Who else has a dusty old $100 guitar in their closet from their teenage years?

>can't into shift key

true musicians employ conservation of movement in all activities but you wouldn't know that would you, you little shredling

Don't discuss DIY if possible.
Don't discuss the music aspects.

Discuss and appreciate the hardware. I think it'd be fun.

the les paul special I was bundled with rocksmith 2014 for learning how to play guitar, and actually had solid reviews.

the special II has some upgrades and can be had for 130. that's my vote.

guitarcenter.com/Epiphone/Les-Paul-Special-II-Electric-Guitar-518334.gc

>divebombs
>actual good shredding

>he's never worshipped at the altar of slayer
>he probably thinks A7X is metal
>he probably is a shredtje

i can outplay anybody on Sup Forums

get a Yamaha Pacifica. cheapest Pacifica is like 100 bucks and they outclass MIM Fenders that cost 500.

and then install gentoo on it

squier telecaster. cheap, good enough, plus it's a tele and it's hard to actually fuck up manufacturing a tele.

>he's never worshipped at the altar of slayer
how about you pick people that can actually shred, like say Eklund if you want to argue in favor of divebombing?
the only good thing about slayer is that they don't use the overused floyd rose system in the first place but its competitor
>he probably thinks A7X is metal
never even heard of those
it better not be some gay 80 speed metal band
>shredtje

Buy a guitar for 200-300$ and use a table as amp

Sup Forums is right you cheap fuck

get a decent starter instrument or you'll just fucking hate guitar and never get good

this. the search might take a while but so damn worth it starting with a decent used guitar va. a crappy new one.

a fucking biface is technology you dumb shithead, that doesn't mean it belongs here

>he dares badmouth slayer
>he's never heard of A7X although he has all of their posters with matching bandannas
>el tiene poco shredito amigo

am I Sup Forums approved?
It doesn't even output sound without a synthesizer involved
I have successfully used it to play rock band 3

Buy used or save up more money. Every $100~ guitar sucks major hardcore.
At least spend $250 if you buy a new one.

>he dares badmouth a faggot band that is only famous in the first place because fat truckers wear their t-shirts
also
>bandannas
kek

I've never seen anybody outright hate slayer. it's one of those bands people either love or give no fucks about.

I fall into the second category, so humor me. what exactly is your reasoning for this?

having this one. dunno what the current price is.

>I fall into the second category
So do I, it's just I wouldn't call them really good guitarists for comparison.

>Every $100~ guitar sucks

not true, I got a second hand Yamaha RGX for 70 dollars at a pawn shop and it plays better than my american strat. most of the features that make solidbody electric guitars "nice" are jjewish tricks

also, for the record, even with a cheap plastic nut and shitmetal chinese strat tremelo, i have it set up to divebomb and stay perfectly in tune.

i promise i can make a 100 dollar squier or whatever play and sound very, very nice assuming the truss rod works and the neck isn't warped

they're solid
>b-but steve vai
dude, grow up

>they're solid
they're meh at best
>b-but muh bland taste
how is that my fault

I meant new guitars for $100.
That's why I said "buy used or save up money" before that sentence.

Yeah, you can play these, they will make a sound, but there are so many little things which make them shit in the end.
The little higher priced ones are just all around better and will make you more happy as beginner. $250 guitars are, by no means, the best ones evar, but still.

you better recognize one of the bands that helped originate a style you shredless spergemonkey

>100 ish dollars

What ever guitar is being sold at that price will be absolute shit. My Epi LP 100 costed me $220 and it's decent at best.

sound doesn't correlate with cost. the extra benefits of a quality instrument are
>tuning stability
>frets that don't scratch your epidermis away
>a jack that doesn't fucking come off on its own
>controls that don't turn loose or fall off
>internals that stay fucking grounded
>a neck with more consistency than a pool noodle

so, just as I thought, you're one of those opinion warriors

most of you grow out of it

>slayer
>originating a style
uh-huh

>so, just as I thought, you're one of those opinion warriors
I'm not even, I just don't use mediocre bands for muh altar.

but they did back then nigger. how new are you?

They didn't even back then. The rode? ... rided the late bay area trash metal wave and then stuck.

Interested in answers

I'm rich fag

Thinking about buying a fender gibson or custom electric for like $1200

I don't play "yet"

>rich fag
>Thinking about buying a fender gibson
How about looking into what the local market or at least the actual market offers instead of blindly buying from one of the most overrated guitar vendors these days?

Listen dude. I've been a musician most of my life and while I admit playing on some nicely made handcrafted instruments is a pleasure it really is not necessary to convey what you want to do. Technique trumps quality every single day of the week. You don't need a high end guitar or even, mid range guitar or even a low range guitar to be a good musician. The absolute cheapest guitar can actually be just fine as long as you are learning and practice a lot. Here is a decent example of what I'm talking about. youtube.com/watch?v=rwhvFLHIlBs

Whether you like Zakk Wylde's music or not you can't say he doesn't have talent and his talent is not necessarily masked at all by playing this joke of a guitar. Writing music is about ideas and conveying emotion. Having all the bells and whistles won't hide bad playing and it certainly won't make you better at writing.

If you're a beginner, you should probably stay away from anything with a floating bridge. Apart from that, LTD make some nice cheap low end stuff; Ibanez is shit beneath $1000; Squire is very hit or miss (there are good batches and bad batches); Jackson are Jews; Ashton will do the job, but it'll sound like shit; SX are bretty gud at lower end stuff but totally obscure; and 'vintage' brands should be avoided like the plague. There are other brands, but they tend to only market themselves at a much higher price-point.

Second-hand is typically a good idea because you can get some nice stuff for cheap. But, at the lower end of things, your amp is more important, so worry about that more. Really, your best bet is to play anything you see in a shop or at a friends to see what you like, and then go from there.

>You don't need a high end guitar or even, mid range guitar or even a low range guitar to be a good musician.
Air guitar is fine.

>If you're a beginner, you should probably stay away from anything with a floating bridge.
I second this, alone for the reason floating bridges make replacing strings suck.

Go on Craigslist/Gumtree
Search Guitar
Choose advanced search, set maximum price of $100

I think we're done here.

Haha I consider low range guitar ~$175. Some dirt cheap entry level gear is fine for beginners.

>Guitar
Ibanez Fixup Electric Guitar - Needs Tone Control - $60

Well there is $100 equipment that doesn't suck, but that requires more luck.

>resolder electronics
>tone always at 100
>you play metal and have tone at 100 all the time anyways
problem solved

Craigslist, used gear. You'd be surprised what kind of shit you can get for cheap with $20 worth of gas and a few phone calls.

Any used Ibanez

How is this even a thread?

Epiphone is shit, squier is shit.

Look for a good used guitar on Craigslist or in the used section of your local music store and do your research. Good qualities include quality pickups (Seymour Duncan or DiMarzio) and quality tone woods (basically anything that's not poplar or particle wood). Always play it before you buy, if it feels cheap or uncomfortable don't buy. Look down the neck, if the neck isn't straight, don't buy. Try to play all the notes on all the strings, if they buzz or die out, don't buy.

To be honest, go to your local guitar center and just dick around for a few hours to find out what you like before you pull the trigger.

ah my brother

Who else Ibanez?

I picked this up a few years ago and love it, needs some nicer pickups but i'm not spending money on those till I can play better

Dumb

just buy a used ibanez

I picked up a neglected Ibanez RG model with some gay digital print that obviously nobody wanted from Guitar center for about 120.00 when I was hard up for a guitar.

The only thing it has going for it is the neck, and only just barely since it is a two piece. The electronics and hardware on it are atrocious, but it would work for some nigger just learning.

the necks are really nice.

hardware on mine is fantastic, it keeps a tune forever, hasnt tarnished a bit in the ~4 years i've had it.

i agree the pickups are shit, but nobody needs good pickups to start, and unless you're dropping 700+ on your guitar it probably doesn't come with pickups you're going to keep.

fuck pickups are expensive.