Apple fell for the wait for vega meme

>apple fell for the wait for vega meme
is there hope for us, amdbro's?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jim_Keller_(engineer)
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>amdead
ayyyy

Daily reminder that threadripper is making Intel shit itself

All memes aside you gotta give credit to AMD for going ham on 2 tech giants despite having less money. Both nvidia and intel are shitting themselves right now desperately trying to rush out half baked housefires to undermine AMD.

AMD is the little train that could TWICE.

>putting AMD in an AIO
What are Apple thinking?

Ryzen is already out and in users hands, jury is still out on Vega

Titan Xp performance for 1080ti cost.

Daily reminder that Intel atleast has Apple as a guaranteed customer.
New iMac (non Pro) soon with Drip Filter Coffee Lake and Radeon GPU on die.
ON DIE, not just on package...

Apple's crazy custom chip demands and Intel's current state is gonna be hilarious to watch from here on out.

Remember, Atom was Apple's doing too...

Matches up with the HCC Xeon actually.

>intel still upset that the JEWRIPPER cpu is literally anuda shoah

Well they are doing pretty good in the CPU market.

They are doing retardedly well in GPU but that's because of a gold rush in BTC. It's the greatest show of Judaism in the world since the Yukon.

Ahoy, user, Vega is as related to GCN as Maxwell to Thermi.

Everyone wants to see the underdog succeed. Except Sup Forums. They just want to see them get crushed, either because they're zealous fanboys or because they're joker wannabes that just want to see the world burn. In either case, if AMD dies, x86 dies with them.

>1 autistic fanboy mouthbreather from Sup Forums who doesn't know what voltage binning is
>and 2 filtered tripfags

That's not Sup Forums, that's cancer.

>ON DIE
140w CPU + 300W GPU
that's insanity, source?

Wait, that guy does not know what the fuck voltage binning is? Why the fuck he's not rangebanned yet.

>mfw we've been waiting cause apple bought all the vega bins

IMG_xxxx, "fps per dollar/intel marketshare" guy, "all AMD posters are trying to inflate their stock" guy, POOZEN POO IN LOO spam for days, etc.

Not really, it's as Maxwell is to Kepler, related and outwardly similar but also different.

Maxwell to Thermi is like GCN1.0 to TeraScale.
Entirely different but with recognisable sections that make both look obviously ATi/AMD/RTG.

No source, KL-G is only rumors for now. I guess Intel needs to show EMIB once.
No, Tesla to Thermi would be TS2 > GCN.

I don't see AMD as an "underdog" to root for. To me I view them as the other manufacturer who's trying to rape my wallet, but couldn't.
If you honestly think that AMD doesn't do it's best to fuck over their customers whenever they could, then your just not that old to remember.

Not quite, we're talknig about Coffee Lake, not CL-X/EP, regular consumer shit based on mobile parts, not downrated Enterprise stuff.

Rumors are 6c/12t on consumer (LGA11xx) + GPU for a total ~120w TDP package.

I don't remember them trying to rape my wallet since at least K7 days, user. AMD's entire market strategy since the dawn of times was being the opposite of jews.

What does this pic mean?

I've been buying AMD since the 1 GHz Thunderbird bro, not seeing the "fuck you" attitude that's constantly coming out of every pore of Intel's oily skin.

Well at least they fuck us over less. intel literally told kabby lake owners to stop trying to overclock their kabbylake processors because they'll get too hot.

Its LGA1151v2.
That's one, maybe two dudes.

>He doesn't remember FX-55/FX-60 and the price rape.

I distinctly remember my Core2 E6600 purchase being fucking awesome value compared to AMD's rape prices.
>Ordered it too early and got an E1 not G0

Don't ruin my AMD shitpost with facts please.

>wait for vega meme
Maybe the reason we have to wait is because of apple.

These were ebin HEDT shitty binned Opterons. And Conroe was better than K8.

>I don't remember them trying to rape my wallet since at least K7 days, user.

They try with every new generation of cpu.

>AMD's entire market strategy since the dawn of times was being the opposite of jews.

Lies. AMD's entire market strategy is to aggressively hype, and claw their way up to be top Jew.

No, it's the drivers.
And they still fail to outjew Intel. Really makes you think, huh.

>excuses
AMD had shit prices across the entire timespan of Athlon64, it was expensive from the outset until it was finally killed for K10.

AthlonXP was the last value for money AMD CPUs before intel took back the performance crown.
AMD could afford to make people out the ass for Athlon64 and did so, just like Intel.

>Well at least they fuck us over less.

They fuck everyone over as much as they can get away with. For the most of the last decade they settled with fucking everyone over for less, because they weren't competitive.

Oh yea A64 3200+ was such a fucking baaad buy.

>No, it's the drivers.
Considering how routinely poor amd drivers are, that'd be saying something.

>AMD
>poor drivers
2011 called.

>That's one, maybe two dudes.
Pretty impressive that two dudes manage to shit up literally every AMD thread made in the past 3 months.
I owned a 2500+ and 4200+, in neither case did I feel like I got "ripped off".

>And they still fail to outjew Intel. Really makes you think, huh.

Intel had better products.

That's dedication combined with autism. Or dedication coming FROM autism, who knows.

I don't think P4EE for 1k shekels was a better product.

Fx9590 for $1000 was a good buy.

No, it was as bad as P4EE, yet no one bought it and some people actually bought ebin bibeline bentiums.

Was it really that expensive on launch? I keep hearing conflicting reports on that.

They bought up all the Vega chips produced, that's why AMD keeps delaying and delaying the cart.

apple is using (up to) 18c xeons

>No, it was as bad as P4EE, yet no one bought it and some people actually bought ebin bibeline bentiums.

To me It looks like AMD is guilty of committing jewry whenever they think they could.

Doesn't look like it. I wonder what jewsmasher prices would be.

Yes. It was $1000msrp, because muh 5ghz Intel killer that was outperformed by older i5s. Too bad all developers was unfair, and where all Intel shills.

>300W GPU

It's 300W because they overclock it past its limit so it can be competitive with Nvidias last year cards. Same way how Polaris was meant to be 150W max but they had to push the clocks so high that it ended up using way more, otherwise it wouldn't have been competitive.

So how low do you think it will thermal throttle?

The trash can made xeons go all the way down to 800mhz after extended periods on youtube.

>HCC Xeons
>tiny AIO chassis
Oh I don't like it. At all.
You don't even know Vega10's TDP. And Vega has longer pipeline anyway.

>Doesn't look like it.

Then you're just being silly.

Polaris is a 225W card and it's not "clocked past it's limit". It beats Nvidia's mid range cards and that's all AMD ever intended for it. AMD currently has nothing on the market that is intended to compete with the 1070 and above.

580 is clocked waaaaay past its limits.

dont worry OP keller will fix this fuckery

If that was true, A) people would be able to reduce clock speeds to save power without much reduction in performance (not true) and B) there would be serious issues with overheating (also not true). So why do you say it's clocked past its limits? Is it because Nvidia's 1060 can't compete?

Underclocking/undervolting 580 does wonderful things. And yes it does run past optimal for GCN clocks.

>Pretty impressive that two dudes manage to shit up literally every AMD thread made in the past 3 months.

It's only one guy (me). I've been at it for the last 10 years on every forum.

Nice job. Hope you're getting paid for that shit.

>I've been buying AMD since the 1 GHz Thunderbird bro, not seeing the "fuck you" attitude that's constantly coming out of every pore of Intel's oily skin.

Wasn't the cheapest one the only one worth buying back then, because people were able to paint traces on them to unlock full potential?

Ye.

>people would be able to reduce clock speeds to save power without much reduction in performance
Absolutely true. The 480 was 150W at 1266 MHz. The stock 580s are 185W with 1340 MHz. That's a 6% increase in clocks for a 24% increase in power consumption. That's not even getting into the later better binned 480s which go as low as 120W with stock clocks, or the factory overclocked 580s which hit 1400+ MHz but do so while eating up 225W.

>Nice job.

Thanks!

>Hope you're getting paid for that shit.

I do it for the attention. Compensation not required.

>Sup Forums still discussing CPUs in 2017 when there's much more important shit like nvme, differences between SSD controllers, IOPS vs. throughput, RAM advancements etc.

nuff reee'd

>clock speed == performance
The RX 580 on average performs close to 10% better than the 480. I get the whole diminishing returns thing but an 8-10% performance loss isn't nothing. For that extra 35W it's worth it.

I'd end up breaking things irl if I discussed the current consumer optane offerings.

>2011 called.
AMD's drivers consistently run slower than nvidia's drivers.

What?

TOP KEK!

I honestly don't give 2 shits what Vega does and long as it works without bugs and gets me 60FPS at 4k its a win for me at least.

>imagines running crisis and mass effect at 60FPS in 4k
*drools*

It has nothing to do with Apple and everything to do with (once again) AMDead drivers being absolutely nowhere, to the extent that even AMD are too embarrassed to release it

Proof?

It should be pretty obvious that RTG are working on drivers.

>Source: My ass

Source is AMD themselves stating that 80% of their driver team is working on Vega drivers.

Can you help me delid my 7700k I need Intel customer support on this.

>It's only one guy (me).
Don't you also go by the alias "Some cunt"?
He's plagued brew room's, tool boxes, and work sites from time immemorial.
>Some cunt took me lunch
>some cunt took me tool
>Some cunt fucked it

link verifying that statement?

The fact that they're not showing next to nothing about it except in highly contrived scenarios like the tomb raider 2gb demo, the fact that in the few times when an fps counter has been shown in rare apples to apples comparisons that it's trailing pascal by a mile (even in amd optimized titles like sniper elite and doom), the fact that all credible leaks show that it's dogshit, the fact that raja said as much in his last leddit ama.

While I don't disbelieve that they have a lot of people working on Vega drivers, this doesn't prove that's what really delayed it (much more likely HBM2), it only means they are getting the drivers ready for launch. And it really doesn't help when you use stupid troll shit like AMDead. See

Use a hammer, it'll turn out fine.

HBM2 is not the problem, since AMD can order it from both Samsung and Hynix. It's definitely drivers.

>guaranteed customer
You mean hostage.

Someone should go to a sci fi convention where Christopher Lloyd is a guest and ask him to say "308 watts!"

why do i see this man everywhere Sup Forums?

Get edumacated, son. en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jim_Keller_(engineer)

I can't believe they actually did this.

He's the cook.

>Don't you also go by the alias "Some cunt"?

There are alias a plenty. It is I who is behind every post critical of every amd product. As a single entity, I alone am the loudest of minorities.

>Source: My ass

>vega is delayed so much because of apple fags
IT JUST ISN'T FAIR BRO'S

6 MILLION DEGREES

Intel is finished
Apple is going to buy Intel.

YOU BETTER KEEP WAITING

Have you seen the new i9 series, dear god, it's fucking EMBARRASSING. Intel really have let themselves go, and it's probably going to take a couple of years for them to recover from this.

This is what happens when you get complacent I guess.