How am I supposed to write programs in 10 kilobytes?

How am I supposed to write programs in 10 kilobytes?

Basic in the ROM.
Assembly-language.
Forth.

Bankswitching, scrub.

how to get I ento these things. Where do I learn them?

Don't bother, the future is now, and it dictates 300MB of javascript bundled with a browser.

GOOGLE IT FFS

Does that computer slip you roofies and rape you?

No computers like that are too expensive for me

Try not being a fucking moron who writes everything in Sublime Text 3 and runs everything with a 100 MB runtime interpreter.

can I get visual studio on one?

Buy some microprocessor (pic32 is not bad, just don't start on Arduino) and follow some beginner projects online.

If you want to learn basic, pick up a cheap old computer but not the TI. Basic is obscenely slow.

>assembler program: 8.5KB
>java program: 375MB
Don't be a pajeet.

I need something fast and 8.5KB

please

Wtf are you trying to do you mongoloid?

Try Gentoo, it can reduce 10GB program to 10KB.

>Try Gentoo, it can reduce a 10GB program to a 10KB one that won't run.
Fixed.

You don't, programs < 10MB are simply a myth. How are gonna include those very useful standard library functions and sophisticated built-in object types without MEGABYTES worth of bloat.

then how did they do it in the 80s

They put data on the screen as a tertiary disk (HDD, floppy)

you can do shit pretty small in C (tcc has really small output, loads of antivirus programs hate it though because it produces unusually small binaries and they use that as a heuristic)

hell, I'm using sdcc to write a game, my binary with graphics is sub-16kB (too lazy to see how much is filled, the resulting rom is rounded up to the nearest 16k boundary, up to 48kB max)
if you don't want bloat, don't link in huge-fuck libraries (eg, if you're using C++, shit like iostream will link in a big 1MB blob last time I checked)

if you're talking about using the TI, don't -- pick a machine that actually gave a damn about third-party development, TI tried its damndest to cut that shit out

Learn MIPS. You don'tneed to buy hardware. You can fuck around in this emulator called qtSpim.

Can we stop shitting on Sublime Text please. It's the next thing after vim/emacs/ed that isn't bloat. IIRC it is around 18 megs or so, which is VERY lightweight compared to Atom or Visual Studio Code or whatever. Also it runs smoother. Just pirate it or something if your are poor, or learn to live with the purchase nag. Notepad++ is comparable but it is not polished enough. I honestly don't know any other code editor comparable to Sublime Text.

This is bullshit, most Linux commands including GCC take less than 10MB.

Atari 2600 had 128 bytes of memory

how do I do it?

text based with text graphics

How far can the text go?

Vim. What do you need that it can't do and why?

$ MPlayer -vo caca

Because it's programs where on ROM.
You can run programs without any writable memory.
But to have nice screen updates, it had some RAM.