As a linux developer, what's your excuse for not switching yet?

As a linux developer, what's your excuse for not switching yet?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Embrace,_extend_and_extinguish
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Gaymen

It's neither gratis nor libre.

>"this program has encountered an error. End program or search for a solution?"
>end program
>"windows is searching for a solution before closing"

Until they fix that, I flat out refuse.

>what's your excuse for not switching
>Windows
I'm not a tech illiterate and I don't browse Sup Forums or /r/pcmasterrace

>microsoft urges linux devs to try windows 10
I laughed out loud and then a part of me died

Windows can't run software I like to run.

>all without losing the advantages of Windows 10

Name one.

It's a typo.
>all without losing the shitty parts of Windows

pretty sure you still cant get raw sockets or ports from bash subsystem

>Business Exec urges Competitor to try BusinessProduct
shocker

>asks people to switch from Windows to Linux because Windows 10 has stupid shit no one wants
>is oblivious that all this stuff already existed with cygwin
>people are actively switching to Linux because Windows 10 is such an obvious, untamed botnet virus.
Microsoft employees confirmed for actually retarded

>windows 10
>advantages

>Develop on Windows the same way on Linux
>PATH NAME TOO LONG
>Can't delete file or rename
Too much trouble.

>please beta test this for us

muh games

Fuck Microsoft, the vicious monsters, and fuck Canonical, the traitorous bastards that feed it.

I've had my run with windows but I am fucking done. I'm done with it's shitty updates that interrupt your workflow, done with the sheer amount of bloat on boot, done with the terrible upgrades that amount to nothing more than a UI skin instead of fixing underlying kernel issues, done with their terrible UAC, done with their shit terminal emulator, done fucking around with their piece of shit registry, done with their backwards file system hierarchy, done with DDLs and device drivers... just fucking done.

It's a terrible operating system all things considered. Once you grow up and stop being an autistic manchild playing videogames all day you just move on and never look back. If we didn't use Windows at work, I'd never touch a Windows running PC again.

It's not simple enough yet; if I have to open the command line or google to do something or figure out something for ANY reason, your UI designer (lol, as if linux has one) has fucked up. I'm not a power user. Neither is my sister, nor my brother, nor anyone else in my family. Why would they EVER use Linux when it's more complicated than windows? I want shit to "just werkz" and that means I double click an exe and a program runs. Or I download an exe and double click to install it and it JUST WERKZ. Or I install Linux and it actually boots up and all my devices including my soundcard and printer are detected and JUST WERK!!!!! I don't give a shit about dependencies. I don't give a fuck about soda-get. I don't care that your OS is fucking free and open source.

I will literally pay you money to give me a slick operating system that isn't windows but JUST WERKZ like windows does. Apple did it (and they're fucking unix based too!), why the fuck can't you people?

Let me know when Linux has finally caught up with where windows was 20 years ago.

As a recommendation on where to start:
Check tech support forums for linux and start ACTUALLY fixing the issues people have. Stop whining that their issues are retarded, that they are retarded, that it's easy to use a workaround, that they can just jump through hoops to get shit working.

Start actually fucking fixing your goddamn operating system.

Instead of saying, "That's fucking retarded" Just FIX IT.

LISTEN TO PEOPLE
AND
FIX
IT

Take the dumbest, stupidest issue some moron has had with linux and figure out how you FIX his issue so someone like him doesn't have the same problems he had ever again.
Every one of those issues you knock down, no matter how fucking retarded you think it might be, is one less issue someone has with linux.

P.S. Sell linux; people see free and think "cheap, low quality". Money will also encourage people to push linux and work on linux.

How much does a server licence cost again?

>in this instant

how many do you think the author of this has?

Does anyone legitimately in the tech industry even read slashdot anymore?

I remember 10-15 years ago your average tech story would have 300-500 replies and it was genuinely tech-related. There'd be guys with bare-metal knowledge explaining how things work and actually discussing the mechanics with other posters.

Today it's like the average IQ's dropped 80 points. The only stories that get more than 50 replies are all political rubbish, and on top of that the political stories all get the same leftist bias, no matter how often the comment section fills up with people calling out the SJW and diversity bullshit for what it is. I can't stand slashdot anymore, the website is total trash now.

Same direction HN is going.
The larger any community becomes the more retards feel free to spout their shit. Plebbit does a good job of containing them but once they see a few tard posters they feel confident to shitpost themselves.

1. It's windows. How is this even a question?
2. I would actually get laughed out of my workplace.
3. I have to make rent and feed myself. (see 2)

Gates is scared so he is using
EEE
>Embrace
>Exploit
>Extinguish
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Embrace,_extend_and_extinguish
Never fall for these.
OP clean pajeet's streets instead.

Correct

>Microsoft
stopped reading

Why would I use Linux inside Windows when I have no use for Windows?

>the advantages of windows 10
gaymen that tempt you to play them instead of working isn't exactly an advantage for a developer

>Implying you're not retarded
>Sell Linux
>GPL
>Sell
Yeah, sure

but why? linux may make my fans run loud occassionally even though the cpu is at 1% usage but linux does what windont

>my fans run loud occassionally even though the cpu is at 1% usage
setup fancontrol

my fans run quieter in linux than in windows (and speedfan a shit compared to fancontrol)

because I like things working the way I expect them to work, not the microsoft way.

holy shit thats like an essay just to get it running

These fucking shill threads. This is like the 5th one this morning. fuck off you paid cunts.

speedfan needs some configuration as well
just the nature of what they do

I suppose so. Im more curious as to why my fans are randomly spiking though

why would anyone get paid to post on a manchurian clay pot making forum?

Because they want to feed their families.

left alone, fans are usually controlled by your system firmware, if at all. that is, it shouldn't make a difference between OS's specifically, just cpu workload

What advantages of Windows 10? Losing 50% of CPU to glitched telemetry services , broken group policies and removed HDD caching?

In Windows I can manually set speed of my laptop's fans(I have two) with rweverything, but it's different for each laptop.

you haven't switched to windows because of gaymes? wut?

you can do the same in linux as well, it's all exposed to the filesystem

>not case sensitive
into the trash it goes

Even the embedded controller?

Because it is not `free` as in `free beer`

Mister microsoft, fuck off from Sup Forums and shill your shitty software to Sup Forums, there's where you're relevant.

Desktops have standards for that stuff. Laptops don't. And you can stop a fan completely on laptop.

yea, laptops can be different
if your laptops' fan controller is supported it'll be exposed to the filesystem in some way
what you have available to you depends on which laptop specifically you have

>Apache
>MySQL
>Java
Go fuck yourself.